Chapala.com Webboard

No Vacuna, no business

I am almost to the point, no vacuna card, no business. You are not coming into our house, we are not taking your taxi, with no properly fitting mask, we are not coming into your store. Our most regular taxi driver, real nice and informative guy, but he thinks going to church once a week is his vaccine.

The way to get people to vaccinate is to hit them in the pocketbook. No one knows if the highly contagious Delta 1 can overide your vacuna. Please keep wearing your masks

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 7

I don't understand. I am fully vaccinated. The chance of my contracting covid is miniscule. The studies all say that if I do contract it the chance I will suffer severe symptoms is very small.  

The odds say I am more likely to die from an auto accident in my daily life than have a problem with covid.

I do not think it is ridiculous to  live a normal life now. I will mask up if the store or office requires it, otherwise according to the latest information, I won't get it and I won't give it so I am living like I was 2 years ago.  I really don't care if others wear a mask. It won't affect me.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Fully vaccinated does not mean immune. You could still be infected. Why take a chance, just because you may not get as sick or die?

You can also still pass the infection. This can be bad for others who don't have as good an immune response. There is nothing wrong with being cautious, whether or not you are fed up with the routine. Because it just well may affect you, whatever you think.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, AndyPanda said:

I won't even bother to answer such a ridiculous question, which has nothing to do with the topic at hand.

It has everything to do with it.  If you believe the vaccine protects you, why are you worried about what others may do?

The odds of getting covid and dying from it after getting vaccinated with the most proven shots is small.  You probably face a greater danger getting run over in front of Walmart.

Sounds like some of you want your own little covid police state.  That isn't going to happen here.  You have a much better chance of getting your way in Canada, might consider that option.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 2

This is about more than just me. A vaccinated population is the only way to beat this pandemic. Otherwise it will hang on for years, overwhelming the healthcare system and sickening and killing more and more people. The long term side effects for Covid are too often ignored. Educating the un-vaccinated is critical at this juncture IMHO.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

35 minutes ago, MtnMama said:

This is about more than just me. A vaccinated population is the only way to beat this pandemic. Otherwise it will hang on for years, overwhelming the healthcare system and sickening and killing more and more people. The long term side effects for Covid are too often ignored. Educating the un-vaccinated is critical at this juncture IMHO.

The flu has gone on for years....and will be around for many more.

• Like 4
  • Sad 4

"An analysis of those IFR rates indicates that COVID-19 is hazardous not only for the elderly but also for middle-aged adults, for whom a fatal COVID-19 infection is two orders of magnitude more likely than the annualized risk of a fatal automobile accident and far more dangerous than seasonal influenza."

1 hour ago, HoneyBee said:

The flu has gone on for years....and will be around for many more.

This is NOT the f&%$ing flu!!! Just read an article on the local Covid forum about the polio epidemic/iron lungs/after effects on those who survived. The difference between then and now is that everyone got the vaccine to eradicate the problem. "No one is safe until we are all safe". Sigh. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, AndyPanda said:

"An analysis of those IFR rates indicates that COVID-19 is hazardous not only for the elderly but also for middle-aged adults, for whom a fatal COVID-19 infection is two orders of magnitude more likely than the annualized risk of a fatal automobile accident and far more dangerous than seasonal influenza."

That quote is from a study based on UNvaccinated patients. 

Vaccinated persons with a highly effective vaccine have minimal chance of infection (5%) and those very few who do get infected have an ever lesser chance of needing hospitalization.

Vaccines were a huge game-changer.  

I was an adamant mask-wearer PRE-vaccine because I believed in the science.  I now follow the current CDC guidelines because I still believe in the science.

• Resume activities without wearing masks or physically distancing, except where required by federal, state, local, tribal, or territorial laws, rules and regulations, including local business and workplace guidance.

• Like 2

I’m fully vaccinated and intend to go on living and enjoying my life.  Joy has been on hold for too long.  I don’t give a flying fig if someone else is vaccinated or whether they wear a mask or social distance. If you want to worry and control what everyone else does, knock yourself out.  Those that are vaccinated have done their part.  Feel free to preach away, I’m going out to enjoy the day.  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

CDC says no matter wear a mask.   Biden made a political decision not a medical decision to say stop wearing masks.   We don't know if people who have been fully treated with a vaccine can get covid or transfer covid.  Some folks think they know the answer but its kinda medical guessing at this point.  I hope they are correct but until we know I will wear a mask regardless of being vaccinated  or not and I suggest everyone does the same until we know for sure.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

47 minutes ago, lcscats said:

CDC says no matter wear a mask.   Biden made a political decision not a medical decision to say stop wearing masks. 

CDC says THIS about vaxed persons; Biden just repeated what CDC said, after CDC said it.  https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/fully-vaccinated.html

• Resume activities without wearing masks or physically distancing, except where required by federal, state, local, tribal, or territorial laws, rules and regulations, including local business and workplace guidance

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bisbee Gal said:

That quote is from a study based on UNvaccinated patients. 

Vaccinated persons with a highly effective vaccine have minimal chance of infection (5%) and those very few who do get infected have an ever lesser chance of needing hospitalization.

Vaccines were a huge game-changer.  

I was an adamant mask-wearer PRE-vaccine because I believed in the science.  I now follow the current CDC guidelines because I still believe in the science.

• Resume activities without wearing masks or physically distancing, except where required by federal, state, local, tribal, or territorial laws, rules and regulations, including local business and workplace guidance.

The quote was in response to the silly notion that Covid is the same as the flu. "far more dangerous than seasonal influenza."

1 minute ago, BeanRoy said:

I'm not selfish. I am aware of my surroundings. I will wear a mask. It's so easy. For some it seems so burdensome. That's entitlement.

It is not entitlement to follow guidelines. 

If you wish to wear a mask it's your choice. You can wear one for the rest of your life if you want.

If you  wear gloves when using a shovel it's your choice. Doesn't mean a person with calloused hands from using a shovel daily needs to wear gloves. 

I won't shame you for glove or mask use. Don't shame me for not.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Following guidelines for fully vaccinated people doesn't either. 

• Resume activities without wearing masks or physically distancing, except where required by federal, state, local, tribal, or territorial laws, rules and regulations, including local business and workplace guidance
  • Confused 1

50 minutes ago, Bisbee Gal said:

CDC says THIS about vaxed persons; Biden just repeated what CDC said, after CDC said it.  https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/fully-vaccinated.html

So are all those still requiring our touting masks despite the latest but by no doubt the last pronouncements from the CDC following the science?  :D 

Whose science are you following?  The Chinese controlled WHO?  The people who debunked effective treatments while actual practicing doctors all over the world were successfully treating covid and drastically cutting death rates with those treatments? 

The hysteria spreading thoroughly discredited and disbelieved (over 80 percent at last polling) American MSM?  

Inquiring minds want to know.

9 minutes ago, Mainecoons said:

So are all those still requiring our touting masks despite the latest but by no doubt the last pronouncements from the CDC following the science?  :D 

Whose science are you following?  The Chinese controlled CDC?  The people who debunked effective treatments while actual practicing doctors all over the world were successfully treating covid and drastically cutting death rates with those treatments? 

The hysteria spreading thoroughly discredited and disbelieved (over 80 percent at last polling) American MSM?  

Inquiring minds want to know.

Most inquiring minds have better things to do than tilting at windmills