Chapala.com Webboard

Leaking Skylights

Zeb

if those glass blocks have mortar between them I'd think concrete sealer first. Concrete will allow water through it. Typically to seal a concrete water tank it's Portland cement with water smoothed on the interior to seal it. No sand in the mix. Mortar has sand so will allow water through. I'd think a concrete sealant would handle the concrete seepage then whatever seals gaps formed from heating and cooling cycles. Just in case you don't know concrete sealer isn't Portland cement and water but the Portland cement will seal off concrete pretty good. Maybe after some years the top coat of Portland cement wore off so now it leaks. 

If you add glass over the entire area remember condensation is going to form sometimes in the space.

• 2 weeks later...

Do not use R & R CONSTRUCTIONS.  It is a nightmare getting him to come back to fix one leaking skylight.  He is totally unreliable. He sets a time and is a now show.  Warranty means nothing!!!

He is an :() because we discussed him doing my foundation work, so now he will not get that job over his not giving a damn attitude to honor his word.

Just now, Zeb said:

Do not use R & R CONSTRUCTIONS.  It is a nightmare getting him to come back to fix one leaking skylight.  He is totally unreliable. He sets a time and is a now show.  Warranty means nothing!!!

He is an :() because we discussed him doing my foundation work, so now he will not get that job over his not giving a damn attitude to honor his word.

I don't know why that word was eliminated.  It is not a nasty word. I.d.i.o.t.