Chapala.com Webboard

Black box (mytv)

Has anyone ordered this? How good does it work with the local internet? I went to the website and saw that it was supposed to be good at speeds over 7mbs and also saw one in a very remote area, but...it just sounds too good to be true. Any input would be appreciated. TIA!

We have Firestick, but even with our slightly better speeds, there's still a lot of irritating buffering. We've got super range extenders, the firestick thingamabob, etc, etc, but the buffering is still a problem.

Like some others, I had one of Derick's Firesticks that started to loose functions.

I did reprogram it myself with some success; But I eventually had Richy Rich tweek it for me. It was well worth the 500p. I rarely get any buffering on any of my apps. Occasionally the feed boots me off, requiring me to select the channel again. Even that is rare. 

I did also buy a firestick adapter to hardwire it in, but Rich's tinkering deserves most or all of the credit. I am using a quite slow Telmex Connection of 10 download and a whopping 0.35 Upload.

This has been discussed, but I would repeat that I would not pay for any device like that which requires a monthly payment. Richie Rich's, for example, is a one-time payment. And the Firestick has a prime advantage: it is not going to be obsolete in a year. It is reliably manufactured, and not one of thousands of black boxes emanating from overseas. These boxes require constant updates and break frequently.

Per Whipstock, have Richie take a look. He knows his stuff, and is polite and reliable.

We have the FS, etc, and buffering is still a problem. I appreciate the comments about the FS, but that doesn't answer my original question. We have it, we've used Rich (great guy!), etc, etc, but I have actually seen the black box work well in a very remote location and wondered how it worked here. So...honestly, I'm not wanting to be rude, but I just would like to hear from anyone that has actual experience with the black box. 

If you don't have Rich's, you are missing out. Trust me: I have three black boxes that are dead in the water and I will never buy another, and certainly not pay someone else a monthly fee. In terms of what they are, basically the same apps are available and work properly on the Firestick. And because it is technically reliable in terms of its Operating System, it's not going to wimp out like all the other no-name boxes eventually do. I'll say again: same apps, better response, easier to update.

To really see, you'll have to Google Android TV boxes and watch a bunch of videos. There is no way to describe them here beyond what I've said.

LET ME JUST STATE: YOU DIDN'T SAY YOU HAD USED RICH. YOU CHANGED YOUR POST. No need to get all yelly about it. Just trying to help. Not much point, is there.

And I already told you everything there is to know about black boxes, if you would just follow through with a little research of your own.

I didn't change my post, i did mention Rich, etc, etc, and asked about mytv and black boxes. Go back and read what I wrote, not what you think you read. I do appreciate your black box input, but FS has been flogged to death. Again, I am asking about mytv and their black box While we have good internet speeds compared to some, we can't get Total Play or any of the other zippy companies...yet. So...has anyone actually tried mytv here?

16 hours ago, Tingting said:

I didn't change my post, i did mention Rich, etc, etc, and asked about mytv and black boxes. Go back and read what I wrote, not what you think you read. I do appreciate your black box input, but FS has been flogged to death. Again, I am asking about mytv and their black box While we have good internet speeds compared to some, we can't get Total Play or any of the other zippy companies...yet. So...has anyone actually tried mytv here?

I can help you out. I'll send you a Private Message with my contact information.

Late in jumping in here because I was not sure what you meant by "mytv black box"...... but IF you are referring to an android box for TV we found that hooking ours up directly to the modem via flat Ethernet USB cable improved the performance incredibly.

Sadly I then messed up the box (Derek no longer here to resolve my mess) and we ended up buying a Firestick, which works well enough  here in lower SAT, and the box is sitting here unused.

So if you or anyone else would like a MECOOL M8S Pro W android box (and the flat cable  if needed) I'll make you a good deal!  But you'll have to know how to re-program it for your modem, other settings, etc. because I am (obviously) totally clueless in that area.

10 minutes ago, AndyPanda said:

Same question, actually. "The Black Box" as advertised in the Guadalajara Reporter is actually on a website called mytv.com, so is that the one the OP is referring to?

This site is temporarily unavailable

If you manage this site and have a question about why the site is not available, please contact WebHost4Life directly.

• 1 month later...