Chapala.com Webboard

San Antonio , Texas

cedros

Are there a number of places to get Vaccinated against Covid in San Antonio? Is it a good idea to get an appointment in advance? I have never

been there.

2 hours ago, cedros said:

Are there a number of places to get Vaccinated against Covid in San Antonio? Is it a good idea to get an appointment in advance?

Mr. Google is your best friend to answer that. Just sayin' !

Is it a good idea?.....   If I were going to fly... or drive.... up there I would SURELY won't to have an appointment no matter how available someone might think/know they are. 

Don't forget the required covid test if flying......

We were there this week for the second Pfizer shot.  All the folks waiting at the CVS pharmacy we used, were from Mexico.  Yes, I'd want an appointment.  The pharmacist told  us  he was limited to 25 vaccinations a day.  However, getting one should not be a problem.  Just Google for info on sites setting  up appointments.

18 hours ago, RickS said:

Is it a good idea?.....   If I were going to fly... or drive.... up there I would SURELY won't to have an appointment no matter how available someone might think/know they are. 

Don't forget the required covid test if flying......

I agree but it is difficult to find a place to get an appointment online. It appears that CVS and Walgrens are pharmacies and Sam's Club and Walmart pharmacias may also.

You can book on-line or same day by phone.  Walk-ins are welcome too.  Here's the info from their website...  It really is easy and the vaccine is readily available in Texas.  I promise I'm not leading you astray.  CVS, WalMart, HEB and other pharmacies also offer the vaccine.  I'm sharing the Walgreen info because that is the company I am most familiar with.  I worked for them for 30+ years...676789130_ScreenShot2021-06-27at3_55_18PM.thumb.png.20c6e3261684e040de2483942cb7104e.png

1 hour ago, Holalola said:

You can book on-line or same day by phone.  Walk-ins are welcome too.  Here's the info from their website...  It really is easy and the vaccine is readily available in Texas.  I promise I'm not leading you astray.  CVS, WalMart, HEB and other pharmacies also offer the vaccine.  I'm sharing the Walgreen info because that is the company I am most familiar with.  I worked for them for 30+ years...676789130_ScreenShot2021-06-27at3_55_18PM.thumb.png.20c6e3261684e040de2483942cb7104e.png

Thanks. I talked to Walgreens yesterday and they said that they could not deal with me as I was not in Texas. CVS would not even let me on their site as I am ouside the US.

15 hours ago, Holalola said:

I just tried Walgreens online and it didn't work.

1 hour ago, cedros said:

I just tried Walgreens online and it didn't work.

There are many places offering with no appointment. 

If you feel you need one then try HEB or Walmart. I have booked Walgreens for a friend without problems. Just open a Walgreens online account.  For CVS you will need to use a VPN.  The question is why are you telling them you are from Mexico? Just give them the Address and phone number of your hotel.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Mostlylost said:

There are many places offering with no appointment. 

If you feel you need one then try HEB or Walmart. I have booked Walgreens for a friend without problems. Just open a Walgreens online account.  For CVS you will need to use a VPN.  The question is why are you telling them you are from Mexico? Just give them the Address and phone number of your hotel.  

Why am I telling them I am from Mexico? Because I like to be upfront. They usually want to see picture ID. I was going to show them my Mexican Drivers License as it seemed more plausible  than my British Columia one  or I could should them my RP card but it also shows a Mexican address.

• Sad 1

My information is based on over 20 Mexicans receiving vaccinations in the USA.

They don't need to know where you are calling or traveling from. They don't need to know what ID you will be using when you make the appointment. Your Passport from any country in the world will work, Drivers license, or any picture ID will work in Texas.  Our Mexican passports were fine.

I just checked and the Walgreens site is working for appointments in San Antonio Texas. Walgreens does not ask for an address only an email. 

https://www.walgreens.com/findcare/vaccination/covid-19?ban=covid_vaccine_landing_schedule

Here is the HEB appointment for San Antonio They ask address and offer you can enter country if not from USA.  They just made an appointment with a Mexican address showing Mexico for county and country

https://vaccine.heb.com/scheduler?q=78240

• Like 1

5 hours ago, cedros said:

Why am I telling them I am from Mexico? Because I like to be upfront. They usually want to see picture ID. I was going to show them my Mexican Drivers License as it seemed more plausible  than my British Columia one  or I could should them my RP card but it also shows a Mexican address.

You make every effort to make this simple process extremely difficult. Just do what Mostly tells you and don't be such a cry baby. Just follow what he says to the letter. GEEZ, Louise !!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

7 hours ago, Mostlylost said:

My information is based on over 20 Mexicans receiving vaccinations in the USA.

They don't need to know where you are calling or traveling from. They don't need to know what ID you will be using when you make the appointment. Your Passport from any country in the world will work, Drivers license, or any picture ID will work in Texas.  Our Mexican passports were fine.

I just checked and the Walgreens site is working for appointments in San Antonio Texas. Walgreens does not ask for an address only an email. 

https://www.walgreens.com/findcare/vaccination/covid-19?ban=covid_vaccine_landing_schedule

Here is the HEB appointment for San Antonio They ask address and offer you can enter country if not from USA.  They just made an appointment with a Mexican address showing Mexico for county and country

https://vaccine.heb.com/scheduler?q=78240

do as you will be told--no papers needed--  HA 

On 6/28/2021 at 9:56 PM, Jim Bowie said:

You make every effort to make this simple process extremely difficult. Just do what Mostly tells you and don't be such a cry baby. Just follow what he says to the letter. GEEZ, Louise !!!

Why cheat if you don't have to.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Hi Cedros... it's really not cheating to get the vaccine in the US, even when you live in Mexico.  The US has ample vaccine!  You do need to present an ID but it doesn't matter if the id is from the US, Mexico, Canada or elsewhere.  No appointment is needed and walk-ins are welcome at most pharmacies administering the vaccine.  

I understand it is making you anxious to plan travel without an appointment for the vaccine and I wish I could help with that part.  

If, like thousands of others have done in Texas, you hand them a foreign picture ID and they vaccinate you it is doubtful they consider you are cheating or they would not vaccinate you.   They want to vaccinate as many people as possible.  HEB even has a place to put a foreign address on their appointment webpage. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Mostlylost said:

If, like thousands of others have done in Texas, you hand them a foreign picture ID and they vaccinate you it is doubtful they consider you are cheating or they would not vaccinate you.   They want to vaccinate as many people as possible.  HEB even has a place to put a foreign address on their appointment webpage. 

Maybe lying would be a better word.

• Confused 1