Chapala.com Webboard

How to determine if physiotherapist is licensed

Is there a way to determine if a local physiotherapist/physical therapist has the requisite qualifications and is licensed/certified to operate? For doctors and lawyers, I have used the websites below. Do the same web sites apply for physiotherapists?

https://www.cedulaprofesional.sep.gob.mx/cedula/presidencia/indexAvanzada.action

https://cedulaprofesionalsep-gob.mx/

Thanks.

The method we use in Canada is to throw them in the Lake. If they sink and die, they are not physiotherapists. If they manage to  swim, they are the real thing.

The other thing in Mexico is that some people are naturally gifted,in all sorts of things, but they do no have the time or resources to pursue a certificate or trade qualification. Even if it were offered. There are a few certifications, like gas fitter, but that doesn' t guarantee they are any good at it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CHILLIN said:

The method we use in Canada is to throw them in the Lake. If they sink and die, they are not physiotherapists. If they manage to  swim, they are the real thing.

The other thing in Mexico is that some people are naturally gifted,in all sorts of things, but they do no have the time or resources to pursue a certificate or trade qualification. Even if it were offered. There are a few certifications, like gas fitter, but that doesn' t guarantee they are any good at it.

What a wonderful phrase "Naturally Gifted" I wonder how many great jobs I could have had by simply  telling the Personal Manager "I am Naturally Gifted"..trust me!!!

• Haha 1

On 6/25/2021 at 7:32 PM, lakeside7 said:

What a wonderful phrase "Naturally Gifted" I wonder how many great jobs I could have had by simply  telling the Personal Manager "I am Naturally Gifted"..trust me!!!

Some of us don't deal with personnel managers as we are naturally gifted employers and try to find others that are naturally gifted.

pedro kertesz

12.jpg

20 hours ago, CHILLIN said:

Agree, some folks are naturally gifted. I am open to trying the naturally gifted with, say a carpenter, but with my health, ... well, at least I try to do my research.

Trunuff InChapala. For a proper non smart a$$ answer, you will have to speak Spanish and contact whomever you think stamps these approvals and collects annual fees. Even then, as in everything, you have to rely on real world recommendations. Especially with rehabilitive care, there are so many extremes from positive to negative.

I liked the doctors/ therapists ? at Quality Care. But I haven't signed up yet. Just had an intro talk, no first exam. The indepth first exam is 600 pesos, followup exams are 300 pesos. He likes to design isometric excercises which you follow at home 5 or 6 days a week. Homework! And you thought you were finished with that word. I challenge you. Prize: Banana Split, or Pedro as a pimp, your choice.