Chapala.com Webboard

Vaccination Notice

1 hour ago, Ferret said:

I don't mind you sitting in the bleachers as long as you don't ever infect anyone else. That, for me, is the kicker... to be an asymptomatic carrier and to unintentionally infect and/or kill someone else and/or a member of their family. In protecting yourself, you protect others. Yes, variants will evolve but they will more easily evolve in unvaccinated people. The buck stops with YOU doing your part.

About as rare as repaired pot holes in Ajijic.  Stop living your lives in fear and misinformation.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Mainecoons said:

Wow, huge sample here.  One vaccinated person.  LOL

Appeal to emotion.

The salient point of the story is that in this IT office, there were 5 cases, resulting in 2 deaths and 2 more hospitalizations.  NONE were vaccinated while a fellow employee who is vaccinated, did not get the virus. 

My feelings towards the unvaccinated is that they will prove Darwin correct once again.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 7

36 minutes ago, Mainecoons said:

OK keep right on living in fear and soaking up same from junk sources like MSN.   Have fun.

The article was by the Associated Press (in case you didn't notice). That's about as central as is possible right along with Reuters.... Unvaccinated Missourians fuel COVID: 'We will be the canary' (msn.com) 

I'm not living in fear. I'm living with knowledge and will protect myself and those I care about from those who are ignorant.  I like Bisbee's Darwin theory principle though. Pretty soon there will be no right leaning ME, ME, ME's any more and the world can get back to living in harmony and taking care of each other. THAT benefits us ALL.

• Like 5

A recent example

Two staff members in a Florida county's IT department died of COVID-19 this week, the Bradenton Herald reported.

Three others in the department tested positive for COVID-19 and were hospitalized.

A sixth person in contact with those who were infected was vaccinated and did not contract the disease.

None of the employees who fell ill or died from COVID-19 were "elderly," he said. Hopes told the Herald he feared that the severe cases may be a result of one of the stronger variants of COVID-19.

The two people who died were both in their 50s, according to the report. The youngest person of the three others who were hospitalized with COVID-19 was in their "late 30s," according to the report.

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, RVGRINGO said:

Choosing to remain unvaccinated is really selfish. It is for those with such sociopathic tendencies that mandated vaccination is needed.

Im sure if governments could they would mandate it, that way they could eliminate the population much quicker.

People in Mexico are dying of Covid in spite of being vaccinated.  https://www.antenanoticias.com.mx/index.php/2021/06/23/en-mexico-se-mueren-por-covid-personas-vacunadas/ article is in Spanish.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3

23 minutes ago, AndyPanda said:

People everywhere are dieing. Your response is illogical. This thread is about the call to get vaccinated. You don't like it, don't need to hang here.

You can't win with someone who is illogical.  "They could eliminate the population much quicker."

Saying a government would want to eliminate population is totally illogical as governments like Mexico need more people to pay taxes, not fewer. 

Anti vaxers are in the same league as flat earthers. Don't try to confuse them with logic as their mind is made up

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

I was surprised to see this statement in a news report recently:

The U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission in December said companies can legally mandate that all employees re-entering the workplace and new hires be vaccinated for Covid-19. The only exceptions allowed are for disabilities and religious reasons.

In a large workplace situation you likely have no idea what an individual worker's social circle is like. It could have invalid family members (children, parents, grandparents), the family living unit could be a large group, etc. There are so many factors.
I guess if a person is self-centered enough not to bother to get vaccinated, they really don't care about their family members, co-workers, friends or anyone else they are in contact with.  If you don't want to wear a mask or get vaccinated, then please wear a sign announcing that 'I'm an anti-vaxxer', much like in the book The Scarlet Letter, so that the rest of us can avoid you.

Just for comparison - If you were to replace covid with ebola or smallpox, would you still think complying with protective measures unreasonable? Try to remember that your rights end where mine begin.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 7

• 3 weeks later...

I do not join many discussions here because  of the snarky remarks that many times come out... but  will  give it another try.

Curiosity got me the other day, wondering about people who do not want to be vaccinated. I do realize this is a personal choice, etc..

And the question came to mind:  Do people who  do not want a vaccination for themselves, - do they vaccinate their family pet ?  [ and why ? ]  . 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Jackie said:

I do not join many discussions here because  of the snarky remarks that many times come out... but  will  give it another try.

Curiosity got me the other day, wondering about people who do not want to be vaccinated. I do realize this is a personal choice, etc..

And the question came to mind:  Do people who  do not want a vaccination for themselves, - do they vaccinate their family pet ?  [ and why ? ]  . 

That is exactly why more people like yourself need to be posting.

Thank you.

EDIT POINT: So the board is not so negative % wise.

Edited by Whipstock
Clarification

recently I went to an important party. I had to go. During the discussion we came around to Covid, I had assumed all of the over 60 were vaccinated, two present stated that they were not vaccinated. I was shocked. All were unmasked. If you are unvaccinated and decline to wear a mask or at least inform those around you, please don't participate in group activities.

Yes it is yout RIGHT to not vaccinate and it is your RIGHT to not wear a mask, but, I feel it is your obligation to not endanger others. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

On 6/23/2021 at 11:01 AM, Mainecoons said:

OK keep right on living in fear and soaking up same from junk sources like MSN.   Have fun.

Fine as long as you say that Fox, America one and Newsmax is junk right?  Far left and far right its all junk.  You just agree with what you want and dismiss the rest like most folks myself included LOL.

Liberals love MSNBC and Conservatives love Fox.  Both lie and make stuff up.   I am sure you disagree with me cause you believe Fox and you are a conservative. Not trying to be stinky its just how people think these days.  I had a right winger this morning tell me US Today is a liberal paper.  Its ranked as the only middle of the road large readership paper in the US.  Pretty sad state for the press when I have to read US today for balanced coverage.   Most of the other large papers are liberal for some reason with the Wall street Journal (Murdock owned) as the exception. 

We live in strange and interesting times.  (slightly altered Chinese curse)

In France all people who get vaccinated have a health pass with a code. Covid is ramping up there and Macron who cannot be accuse of being a lefty.. just announced new measures..    all health workers have to be vaccinated. No one will be admited to a hospital if they are not vaccinated bear in mind that all the tests are done in hospitals so if you are not vaccinated you cannnot get a mamogam an x ray or any type of test with being vaccinated Cannot have surgery if you are not vaccinated.. No restaurants , no bars, no cafe no theater , no ffotball game etc without the health pass. 

Will have to be vaccinated to get on long distance planes or trains.

The tests there are free but if you have to have a test to go abroad you will have to pay for the test.

This week more details are to be given..   It will be interesting to see how they handle people coming from abroad since if they let them in like they do now with tests we will not be able to do anything past the airport unless we have the right pass.

So as it is the people who think they have the right not to be vaccinated will get their way but will not be able to participate in any entertainment or get the same priviledges than people who are vaccinated. Fair enough.

They also anounced that people should get a booster shot after 6 montths.

If these measures do not curve the virus growth , all adults will have to be vaccinated.  

Well for once I agree with Macron. That virus has to be stopped or at least controlled and that the worst thing we can do is give time for the virus to mutate and outsmart the vaccines.

Meanwhile I may not be able to go to France and see my 99 year old mother as Sinovac is not recognized and I do not even have the official documents because the system has no trace of my 2 sinovac vaccinations..

• Thanks 2