Chapala.com Webboard

Documentation of their vaccination registration

On 6/16/2021 at 8:44 AM, Bisbee Gal said:

With all the bugs you can pick up on a cruise ship, Covid may be the least of one's worries.  They are floating petri dishes.  

...Especially at the wonderful buffet restaurants.

The feds have advised that they expect to have the mivacuna website updated with vaccination information by the end of the month (June). They you can go in, enter your CURP and print off a completed form.  just relaying information.....

• Thanks 3

5 hours ago, pappysmarket said:

...Especially at the wonderful buffet restaurants.

22.3 cases per 100,000 travel days (2008-2014 stats) would be considered a high risk? Wonder what the incidence of illness in restaurants in Chapala is for 100,000 meals?

Having cruised dozens of times in many parts of the world we have never been sick. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, WideSky said:

The feds have advised that they expect to have the mivacuna website updated with vaccination information by the end of the month (June). They you can go in, enter your CURP and print off a completed form.  just relaying information.....

The federal government says lots of things. Many are not true. Don't hold your breath on this one just like home vaccinations never materialized.

• Haha 1

On 6/19/2021 at 9:13 AM, WideSky said:

Actually they started home vaccinations on May 30; there was a specific phone number to call.

Do you know anyone who was vaccinated? I registered people by phone; nobody has received a call or a shot. I've been calling 20 times a day for the past several days for an update, and the number is constantly busy.

• Thanks 1

It will not matter if you have written card vs printed label on your US card.  Plus, each state has a website where your Covid vaccine info is stored, and a copy of such can be obtained.  I will be printing out that official looking page after our second dose in July.   So don't fret about that card or if you happen to lose it.  The record is accessible. 

1 hour ago, MexLuis said:

It will not matter if you have written card vs printed label on your US card.  Plus, each state has a website where your Covid vaccine info is stored, and a copy of such can be obtained.  I will be printing out that official looking page after our second dose in July.   So don't fret about that card or if you happen to lose it.  The record is accessible. 

It may be true for you, but it certainly is not true for everyone. 

Not every state has the information of all vaccination recipients.  Hippa laws are very strong, and each state has it's on law as well. 

My wife and I were vaccinated in a Walmart in Texas. For the state to get your information you must sign up on a Texas Health website which is voluntary.  After you sign up you then send your records to the state. There is no record of our vaccinations at any state website. Walmart announced they will be partnering with a private company CLEAR so people can access their information via an app. You must sign up with CLEAR for an account and give Walmart permission to send their info to CLEAR. 

My son & daughter in law were vaccinated at a mass event in San Antonio. No one took their name or even checked their ID. They were under 40 and the rules at that time were for 65 and older. No one cared. 5,000 vaccinations that day. They were handed a card with the Pfizer lot number and date but there were no names filled in. There were people on both sides of their car and 2 shots were given in 30 seconds. Then they drove to a waiting area for 15 minutes before leaving. Their second vax was in Huston at a mass event again. All they did was show their card with the first vaccination info. The send vax info lot & date was added, but no one wrote down their name. 

My nephews were vaccinated at a mass event in San DIego. They showed a picture ID to enter, but no one recorded their name according to them. 

So there are many people who only have a handwritten card in the USA and nothing more. 

7 hours ago, Mostlylost said:

I'd hold tight to that card then!  My sister who is going to travel international, they could care less about that card btw.  They want her to do two tests prior to travel and this is EL AL airlines.  Once she arrives, she is staying inside, working from her computer.  She wouldn't even think of sightseeing.  It's really not as big a deal as people are making it out to be.   My motto is don't stress the small stuff.

I consider yourself fortunate indeed to have been vaccinated (and in doing so in the US, vaccines for two people here have been freed up)... Many are not so lucky.  

We received the CDC card when vaccinated in San Antonio. In addition we receive another computer generated card with full information of name, pharmacy, drug name, number, etc. There were 2 labels attached to each card.

I was told my husband would be called for the home vaccination a month ago , they never followed up. Loaded him in the car and he was vaccinated in the car yesterday.. Good enough for me. I bet that if you are bed ridden and went to tell the people who vaccinated they would help out.