Chapala.com Webboard

mexican food

Senoir D

Never thought I would have to ask this BUT after living in west Ajijic for 10+ years we recently moved to San Antonio and we cannot find a GOOD mexican food restaurant in the area .It can be a mom and pop hole in the wall , which we love ,  but not a taco stand so we can sit down and have a nice meal when wife doesn't want to cook .Rather not travel too far due to traffic so San Antonio , Riberas area would be great . I know they are out there just haven't stumbled on one yet . Gracias

Mario's is the go to place on Ramon Corona just west of the plaza north side. Also weekends, the cenadurea Doña Elvira, just a little west of Mario's on the other side. Adelita's, next to the church down from the plaza, is not a Mexican restaurant, however consistently good food with some Mexican dish choices.   

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Senoir D said:

Never thought I would have to ask this BUT after living in west Ajijic for 10+ years we recently moved to San Antonio and we cannot find a GOOD mexican food restaurant in the area .It can be a mom and pop hole in the wall , which we love ,  but not a taco stand so we can sit down and have a nice meal when wife doesn't want to cook .Rather not travel too far due to traffic so San Antonio , Riberas area would be great . I know they are out there just haven't stumbled on one yet . Gracias

Frida's is really good. Just had her pozole and enchiladas yesterday.  https://www.facebook.com/Tacos-Frida-1739504829711373/

She's on Essnap delivery service also, so eazy peazy.

5 hours ago, gringohombre said:

Mario's is the go to place on Ramon Corona just west of the plaza north side. Also weekends, the cenadurea Doña Elvira, just a little west of Mario's on the other side. Adelita's, next to the church down from the plaza, is not a Mexican restaurant, however consistently good food with some Mexican dish choices.   

Mario's is an excellent Mexican restaurant.  Have ate their for many years.  I belief Adelita's is vastly over rated and when the band plays is very noisy.  Have had people brag on their short ribs but I found them terrible.  

3 hours ago, rafterbr said:

Mario's is an excellent Mexican restaurant.  Have ate their for many years.  I belief Adelita's is vastly over rated and when the band plays is very noisy.  Have had people brag on their short ribs but I found them terrible.  

Adelita's have not had a band there for many months, except now Mondays from 6 till 8, and the volume is not bad. Also when they did have music it was only on Saturday and Monday nights. As for as the ribs, personally I love them and so do many others here...to each his/her own. As far as the menu, myself and certainly the many Tapatios who fill the place on weekends think that overall the food, service and prices are very good.  

We had a wonderful Mexican dinner  ( again ) last night at Teocintle Maiz…..( Ocampo east Ajijic ) we reserved a table upstairs on the rooftop Terrace…every table was full upstairs and in the main dining room . The menu is modern Mexican with a wide range of choices…..appetizers around 100 pesos and mains around 200 . The plate presentation was very professional… The food was served hot and spiced perfectly for us along with several tasty salsas and, the warm tortillas appeared to be home made . The service  was spot on…friendly and attentive… not to mention pleasant live acoustic guitar in the background  .Our check with two appetizers, two main courses a bottle of wine including a 20% tip was a little over 1000 pesos . How lucky we are to have several restaurants of this standard in our village .

• Like 4