Chapala.com Webboard

The Black Box for TV programming

Just because it doesn’t buffer today doesn’t mean it won’t tomorrow..  The people that sell you these boxes and service know what times of the day these boxes work the best and which TV channels to show you to make it appear that it works well..
I use an android box generally speaking it works, but I never know if show I want to watch will work. It takes work to keep the box running well, updating, clearing the cache memory and other little tricks you learn to use But it’s free,

The people selling you the box will want to sell you a service for a monthly fee. If you look around  you can get what they are selling  for free or for small fee. 

17 hours ago, El Toro Furioso said:

Anyone out there use this service?  How would you rate it?  Any clearly better alternatives?  

Firestick 4k has great performance compared to most Android boxes at a better price. You can program it easily withing 20 minutes.

I've been using the black box sold and maintained by Donald Stordahl for many years.  We have been very happy with the performance of the box and the tech support provided by Donald.  :)

Val 

The boxes cost a lot less than 2000 peso on Amazon.. which is where they are purchased from..  Try and get the name and model # of the box then check the price on Amazon to how much extra you are being charged.  
Check out Filelinked to download the free apps..

The price of a new Firestick is about $50 US, unless you get it on sale. That's $1,000 pesos. The other thousand pesos is for Rich's hard work and experience dealing with myriad numbers of apps that don't work or are flakey or have just disappeared, establishing proper links to robust servers that have been around long term. He's done all the work so that you don't have to. I personally think that's worth 50 bucks.

He also spends an hour or two showing you how to navigate, which is really worth it to the technically unmotivated.

• Like 3

On 6/3/2021 at 10:40 AM, thevalerieleigh said:

I've been using the black box sold and maintained by Donald Stordahl for many years.  We have been very happy with the performance of the box and the tech support provided by Donald.  :)

Val 

Can you provide a means of contacting him?  Phone, email, address or whatever.  Thank you.

• Like 1

Absolutely, I'll send you a P.M. I know his cell phone is on the fritz but his email works just fine.  He's working on replacing his phone now.  LOL, I ran into him at TelCel yesterday.

Cheers,

Val :)