Chapala.com Webboard

Where to buy a laptop

I now use a company for on-line order & delivery - Cyberpuerta.com.  Excellent selection and very fast shipping.  I have recently purchased a new HP desktop printer and batteries for an alarm system.

If you need and ENGLISH keyboard, good luck with that!  My husband does, PLUS he "has to have" 17.3 inch screen.  Only option for us was to buy on Amazon U.S and have it shipped directly here, with Amazon taking care of customs, shipping etc.  It was more reasonable than sending it to Laredo and then having it come to iShop from there. Was due to arrive June 5 but actually was delivered May 27!!!

He got essentially the same model (NOT sufficient for gamers )   he's had last 2 times..... likes it...... and the price was actually cheaper this time than when he bought one in 2015..... go figure..... for more of "everything" (RAM, etc.... not my area of forte).

37 minutes ago, Natasha said:

If you need and ENGLISH keyboard, good luck with that!  My husband does, PLUS he "has to have" 17.3 inch screen.  Only option for us was to buy on Amazon U.S and have it shipped directly here, with Amazon taking care of customs, shipping etc.  It was more reasonable than sending it to Laredo and then having it come to iShop from there. Was due to arrive June 5 but actually was delivered May 27!!!

He got essentially the same model (NOT sufficient for gamers )   he's had last 2 times..... likes it...... and the price was actually cheaper this time than when he bought one in 2015..... go figure..... for more of "everything" (RAM, etc.... not my area of forte).

Thanks. Mine has a Spanish keyboard but this one is for another Gringo who probably needs English. This gringo does not want to buy online.

49 minutes ago, cedros said:

Thanks. Mine has a Spanish keyboard but this one is for another Gringo who probably needs English. This gringo does not want to buy online.

Well according to what I've been told  about English keyboards on laptops here, said gringo might have to change his/her mind!

Alternative is to buy one with Spanish keyboard, buy a regular (desktop style) English keyboard, and voila... plug in and problem solved.

26 minutes ago, Natasha said:

Well according to what I've been told  about English keyboards on laptops here, said gringo might have to change his/her mind!

Alternative is to buy one with Spanish keyboard, buy a regular (desktop style) English keyboard, and voila... plug in and problem solved.

I hope so because he found Best Buy closed and bought one at Costco.

12 hours ago, Natasha said:

Well kinda.  You have to tell the computer you are using an english keyboard.  Just plugging it in may or may not work depending....

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Brian Dalziel said:

If you want to go with Apple macOS rather than Microsoft Windows you can order a laptop with an English keyboard from the online Apple Mexico Store www.apple.com/mx

some people don't want to change OS, or else can't really afford Apple products

• Like 2

Amazon USA is worth paying the shipping/customs fee. You are paying that in the cost of a computer down here but you get English software, operating system and hardware.  Order from Amazon and you will receive it within a week, maybe faster.