Chapala.com Webboard

EYE DOCTOR

I guess it's the  person who does the surgery,  do the aforementioned do the surgery? There are many good clinics in Guadalajara 

Many years back I had both mine done at the same time, super guy who I can't remember only that he also worked for  IMSS.  At that time they had 3 machines,  1 was broken, 1 reserved for children and a "old method " machine. 

• Sad 3

3 hours ago, Yo1 said:

Dra Camacho is difficult to get to see because she is so busy.  I see her sister Paulina in the same office and have been very happy.

Yes, also the brother-in-law (I think Paulina's husband) has a day at the Chapala office, he did one of my surgery follow-up checks. Dr. Claudia performed my surgery (the machine did most of the work under thier control) and sister Pauline was right at her side. The mother also is an ophthalmologist...amazing family!!!

• Like 3

9 hours ago, MichaelMorris said:

Is there anyone who could recommend an ophthalmologist here in Ajijic/Chapala? Gracias

https://www.chapala.com/webboard/index.php?/topic/90708-dr-juan-garrido-cataract-surgery/&tab=comments#comment-690047

I found this doctor MUCH more thorough. He also offered a wide range of lenses, not just one. If it is cataracts you are concerned about check him out.

51 minutes ago, timjwilson said:

https://www.chapala.com/webboard/index.php?/topic/90708-dr-juan-garrido-cataract-surgery/&tab=comments#comment-690047

I found this doctor MUCH more thorough. He also offered a wide range of lenses, not just one. If it is cataracts you are concerned about check him out.

Claudia also offers a wide range of lenses and she is EXTREMELY thorough. I have had professional experience with all the Ophthalmologists in Ontario in a past occupation so I like to think I know a good one when I see one[pun intended]. Claudia did my wife and my cataracts and several friends as well.

I've been going to Ophthalmologists since I was three. I tried three here before I found Dra. Camacho. She knows her stuff... and I purposefully told her nothing about my past history to test her. She knew exactly the problem in five minutes of examination. To make a long story short, I now have a small cataract growing on the only eye that works. She did not rush in to do surgery right away. She said we will watch and wait until there is no other option but the surgery. I have faith in her and her abilities... so do several of my friends.

• Like 3