Chapala.com Webboard

Home bound and needing Covid vaccines? Registration UPDATE Thurs 27 May

THURSDAY 27 MAY AFTERNOON UPDATE

I wanted to do a trial run of the call process to find out what information for callers to have ready, but I got busy signals for two hours. However, a friend (non-Spanish-speaking) DID get through and the following is her experience, "It was easy."

• Once she got through, the automated system offered six options; not speaking Spanish, she randomly chose 3 and was connected an English-speaking person.

• She was asked for full name (Reminder: match your CURP and legal docs and first shot record, if you received), age, date and type of first vaccine

• Complete address, cell/home phone contacts

Was told that Bienestar will call within two weeks to provide a date and hour.

WEDNESDAY 26 MAY POST

Jalisco Secretary of Health Dr. Petersen on Wednesday posted a message for all in Jalisco who weren’t physically able to go to a vaccine site. 
If you’ve been home bound and unable to get your Covid vaccine in Jalisco, here’s the number to call the (federal) Bienestar folks and register:

Secretaría del Bienestar  teléfono: (33) 3616 6670
calle Lerdo de Tejada 2466, Col. Obrera Centro

2 hours ago, Ferret said:

1) Is it really necessary to dial 01 before the number?

2) Can you use this number with Whatsapp? Asking for those who are deaf.

Just checked their site, amiga.

(1)  That's a land line so no, do not use 01.  SAYS there are ten lines..... no idea if a menu (for hearing people) might offer a deaf person's option.

(2)  MY understanding of whatsapp (not great  LOL) is it's for cell to cell.  PLEASE correct me if wrong. Would love to know!

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Natasha said:

Just checked their site, amiga.

(1)  That's a land line so no, do not use 01.  SAYS there are ten lines..... no idea if a menu (for hearing people) might offer a deaf person's option.

(2)  MY understanding of whatsapp (not great  LOL) is it's for cell to cell.  PLEASE correct me if wrong. Would love to know!

Thanks. I just assumed it was a cell number since I have three friends locally whose cell numbers begin 333. Mine begins 331.

Whatsapp is only cell to cell messaging. FYI, I use it to call the kids with Whatsapp on their cell phones in Canada. Has MUCH better sound quality than Telmex to cell or Telmex to landline or Telcel to either cell or landline.

33 minutes ago, Ferret said:

Whatsapp is only cell to cell messaging.

Sorry, it ain't so.

https://whatsapp-windows.en.lo4d.com/windows

WhatsApp for PC is the desktop version of the popular instant messaging application owned by Facebook. It's more often than not used on mobile platforms such as Android and iOS but WhatsApp has developed a version for Windows which can synchronize with your mobile phone.

SSJ announcement this morning. 

Many interested parties reporting difficulties in getting calls through to this number.

Callers advised to try different Extensions:

Ext: 41303, 41309, 41325, 41328, 41329, 41349, 41363 or 41364.

Obviously strong Spanish skills needed to request and receive pertinent information. 

• jrod changed the title to Home bound and needing Covid vaccines? Registration UPDATE Thurs 27 May
2 hours ago, AngusMactavish said:

Sorry, it ain't so.

https://whatsapp-windows.en.lo4d.com/windows

WhatsApp for PC is the desktop version of the popular instant messaging application owned by Facebook. It's more often than not used on mobile platforms such as Android and iOS but WhatsApp has developed a version for Windows which can synchronize with your mobile phone.

Angus  The PC version "mirrors" or synchronizes with your cell phone. You connect it to your cell phone number by a QR code. If you cell phone is off the PC version does not function. 

So since the vaccine number is a landline whatsapp will not function.