Chapala.com Webboard

My TotalPlay optical fiber Internet installed in Ajijic! FASTER than Telmex and ILOX. 40, 100, 200 or 500 megabit/sec

You guys are good. I don't see any Whatsapp link at the bottom of totalplay.com.mx. I DO see an AYUDA EN LINEA floating link though, that can be used to sign up. And an 800-330-1111 number to call. And what's wrong with the two numbers I provided?

6 hours ago, AndyPanda said:

You guys are good. I don't see any Whatsapp link at the bottom of totalplay.com.mx. I DO see an AYUDA EN LINEA floating link though, that can be used to sign up. And an 800-330-1111 number to call. And what's wrong with the two numbers I provided?

Nothing; just fine for me. I thought I should respond to Mr. Douglas, so he realizes that (for me) the Whatsapp number is not displayed.

On 7/30/2021 at 7:57 AM, timjwilson said:

That does not give the number and I don't use my computer for whatsapp. I got the number now though.

It’s a one time action.  After clicking and initiating first message, you can resume the conversation in the regular WhatsApp only on the phone.

You can do it in the Safari browser of your iPhone, or the Chrome browser of your Samsung Galaxy or Android phone. 

These browsers will automatically launch WhatsApp everytime you tap a WhatsApp link (icon) on Mexican websites!

On 7/30/2021 at 9:00 AM, AndyPanda said:

You guys are good. I don't see any Whatsapp link at the bottom of totalplay.com.mx

Your method works fine.
But there's two methods of WhatsApp to TotalPlay:
1. Direct WhatsApp to installation TotalPlay technician (one person), has phone number
2. Central WhatsApp to centralized TotalPlay support (central office), skips phone number

If you don't have both, then make sure you've got the central one too.

For centralized WhatsApp to centralized TotalPlay support (required for doing things like instant speed changes and price changes) -- It’s a tiny WhatsApp icon at bottom of all Totalplay.com.mx pages.

After a one-time click, you can continue using ANY WhatsApp apps, whether phone or computer.

Here is a screenshot:

EA87AAAA-A562-4DFD-9005-7865DD89DFC4.thumb.jpeg.85f61c05e8f32e5cf7058dfa2c44ee28.jpeg

However, I can save some forum members some steps: I right-clicked on the icon at totalplay, and selected "Copy Link", and have pasted the automatic WhatsApp link here: 

image.png.d5507f3fa55dabaa7321ef4c33186ca8.png
Automatically Start WhatsApp Chat With TotalPlay
https://api.whatsapp.com/send?l=pt_br&phone=5215515798000&text=Hola%2C+Asistente+Virtual+Totalplay&lang=es

You need WhatsApp installed on the same device you're viewing chapala.com with, in order for the above icon/link to work.

I use this central TotalPlay robot that I use for instant speed changes (switching between the common $579 plan and the luxury ultrafast $2299 plan). 

Or even renting the luxury faster Internet plan for just 2 days or 7 days (TotalPlay lets you do temporary speed upgrades!)

No WhatsApp phone number needed for this particular WhatsApp robot that I use for post-installation stuff like the speed/price changes.

(I tested these instructions and you don't need a computer; you can do this from Safari browser on iPhone)

On 7/30/2021 at 3:42 PM, timjwilson said:

Nothing; just fine for me. I thought I should respond to Mr. Douglas, so he realizes that (for me) the Whatsapp number is not displayed.

NOTICE — It's automatic. No WhatsApp number is needed to add TotalPlay to your WhatsApp contacts automatically; The WhatsApp app supports automatic conversation starts launched from the iPhone web browser and the Android web browser. Though you can manually add a number if you wish via the newly-found WhatsApp number (which may or may not be universal).

Do this once you've got an account number (e.g. by applying for an installation online first, or by WhatsApping a tech support individual, such as that number)

First Time Only:
Initiate first WhatsApp conversation with the tech support robot

1. Go to https://www.totalplay.com.mx/ in the web browser of any device (phone, PC, Mac) that also has WhatsApp installed.
2. Scroll down to the very bottom and tap/click the WhatsApp icon at the very bottom (next to social media icons).  
It is A VERY TINY LOGO ICON
image.png.6c364adb2d8bf04487966f00b024769d.png
Or simply click this link: 
https://api.whatsapp.com/send?l=pt_br&phone=5215515798000&text=Hola%2C+Asistente+Virtual+Totalplay&lang=es
3. TotalPlay is automatically (permanently) added to WhatsApp
4. You will start aconversation by hitting Enter on a "Hola" message, creating a chat history in your WhatsApp that you can go back to anytime in the future.
5. Your first conversation will have a prompt for a 10 digit account number (spanish "10 digitos")
6. Type a reply with just ten numbers and no words.
7. You gain access to the tech support robot.
This is just one-time steps; you don't need to repeat the above steps once you've done this already.

Every Time:
Talk to the WhatsApp tech support robot to get a human chatting to you

Say "Hola" to the TotalPlay chat in your WhatsApp to wake up the tech support robot which will prompt you with some menus.  Can be by PC or by phone

Go through menu item 3,4,1,1,2 to get a human.

3. "Ayuda técnica 👨‍" = get technical support
4. "Otro tipo de ayuda 👨‍" = other problem
1. "Si" = are you home / ¿domicilo?
1. "Si" = do you have a failure / ¿falla?
2. "No" = Problem solved by resetting modem? / ¿Problema resuelto reiniciando el módem?

image.thumb.png.f9755034793f374b5126b4791e42409d.png

Now you're talking to a human instead of a robot!

Occasionally, it skips some steps (doing only step 1 and 5).

14 hours ago, GDouglas said:

NOTICE — It's automatic. No WhatsApp number is needed to add TotalPlay to your WhatsApp contacts automatically; The WhatsApp app supports automatic conversation starts launched from the iPhone web browser and the Android web browser. Though you can manually add a number if you wish via the newly-found WhatsApp number (which may or may not be universal).

Do this once you've got an account number (e.g. by applying for an installation online first, or by WhatsApping a tech support individual, such as that number)

First Time Only:
Initiate first WhatsApp conversation with the tech support robot

1. Go to https://www.totalplay.com.mx/ in the web browser of any device (phone, PC, Mac) that also has WhatsApp installed.
2. Scroll down to the very bottom and tap/click the WhatsApp icon at the very bottom (next to social media icons).  
It is A VERY TINY LOGO ICON
image.png.6c364adb2d8bf04487966f00b024769d.png
Or simply click this link: 
3. TotalPlay is automatically (permanently) added to WhatsApp
4. You will start aconversation by hitting Enter on a "Hola" message, creating a chat history in your WhatsApp that you can go back to anytime in the future.
5. Your first conversation will have a prompt for a 10 digit account number (spanish "10 digitos")
6. Type a reply with just ten numbers and no words.
7. You gain access to the tech support robot.
This is just one-time steps; you don't need to repeat the above steps once you've done this already.

Every Time:
Talk to the WhatsApp tech support robot to get a human chatting to you

Say "Hola" to the TotalPlay chat in your WhatsApp to wake up the tech support robot which will prompt you with some menus.  Can be by PC or by phone

Go through menu item 3,4,1,1,2 to get a human.

3. "Ayuda técnica 👨‍" = get technical support
4. "Otro tipo de ayuda 👨‍" = other problem
1. "Si" = are you home / ¿domicilo?
1. "Si" = do you have a failure / ¿falla?
2. "No" = Problem solved by resetting modem? / ¿Problema resuelto reiniciando el módem?

image.thumb.png.f9755034793f374b5126b4791e42409d.png

Now you're talking to a human instead of a robot!

Occasionally, it skips some steps (doing only step 1 and 5).

Not my tempo. I've been using whatsapp for years. I do not use it that way for security reasons. I simply asked for the number. I got it thanks to AP.

• 4 weeks later...