Chapala.com Webboard

Brisas Fracc info please

Hi All, 

Friends from Canada are considering purchasing in Brisas.

Is there ground movement over there? What about water, does the hotel at the top of that Fracc cause any concerns re excessive noise, etc.

Appreciate all solid info. Thanks in advance. 

We've been living in Brisas five years and love it. I've never heard of the earth sliding etc, but anything is possible I guess. Water, as of now, is plentiful with our own well. Never heard of excessive noise from the hotel, but we are not near it. As a whole the frac is peaceful.

Up in the forest hills, so serene, so natural . We live on a large forest edge, but it is pretty tough going if you wanted to take that route. So it can be the same in Brisas, just over that back fence is some pretty wild areas, populated by dirt poor farmers, cannabis wannabees, and outright thieves. Try to stay away from the border properties. There are never any outright bloodshed incidents, but you might be surprised to come home and finding your gas grill missing. That is the nature of thievery in Mexico - petty and annoying.

Of course you can install security add ons, but it often ends up that equipment is worth than you are trying to protect from being stolen!

Live like a Forest Hobbit, you will be fine and happy. PEACE!.

I have lived in los  Brisas for 15 years all in all good place. Water is good for many years drank right out of the faucet no problem have filtered system now. We've had few problems with stealing but as in any area due diligence is required! all in all well satisfied with the fracc. If you are concerned with the property your considering hire an independent engineer to review the property your considering!

Regards, Phil

We built a home 14 years ago near the entrance and on the same street as the Event Center for Chapala Country Hotel.  They have parties several times a year which can be very loud and often times the police are called because of noise level infractions.   Our house and several around us have continual movement and therefore cracks in our homes,  we believe due to an underground Arroyo.  Also we live on the side of the mountain,  mountains move.  No water problems. If you buy I would insist on some sort of structural study to determine if there are or have been problems with movement in the past.  Our Bylaws and Rules and Regulations documents are undergoing major adjustments so if you get a copy just know it won't be the final legally approved documents for 2021 until we have another AGM/SGM in a month or so.   We love living here. 

• Thanks 3

Doesn't Brisas have manned entry security now?  I know they did not have it for a while then several years ago they brought it back.  Don't know if they still have it.

Friend of ours lives there, really likes it and has had no problems with security or water.

My impression is that the homeowner rules are stricter in Brisas. Less party houses and dog collectors/ barking choruster enthusiasts for a start. Haciendas is trying to toughen up. The natural soil in both Brisa and Haciendas has a lot of what Jurgen, the engineer calls " chiclets". These are simply lumps of clay, that change with moisture. Many houses and swimming pools were not built with a sturdy, crushed rock foundation, and the walls develop cracks, which often cure themselves in the dry season. I don't know how you check for that. Other than the reputation of the builder. A paint of acrylic latex mixed with white cement hides most cracks for about one year.

Brisas de Chapala. 24/7 guards.  2 full time workers and 1 Administrator. We have had full time guard service for many years without interruption.  The current company, Vermont Security is our second security company.  We have a gate at the guard house and one at the back of the Fraccionamiento.