Chapala.com Webboard

Using Telmex cel phone NoB but close to Mexico

I seriously doubt it... when I cross from Mexico at, say, Laredo MY cellphone switches (back) over to my US carrier. I know this does not meet your question but....

TelCel has a reciprocal agreement with, at least, T-Mobile in the US. Maybe check with your cellphone provider as ask them if they have such an agreement with any US provider.

My cell phone is connected via Telcel and when I am up in Seattle , I am connected via roaming. which is almost always through T mobile. Because I do not have a US carrier, I am billed for any call made up north by my Telcel account. And if someone wants to call me, when I am up north, they must phone my Mexican cellphone number, not a US number, because I do not have a US carrier.

You don’t have put on roaming for T-Mobile. The minute you cross the border into the United States you are automatically connected to T-Mobile. However if you’re calling numbers in the United States on your Mexican phone you still have to put in the exit code from Mexico and the entrance code to the United States in order to make a call.

7 minutes ago, sm1mex said:

You can use t mobile for free As soon as You cross the US border. Telcel sends a message you are free to use your phone via T Mobile just like you are in Mx. 

It depends upon what Telcel plan you have. Yes there are plans where one can do as you posted.  I have the basic "Plan Amigo" and I am charged any time I make or receive a call when up north.