Chapala.com Webboard

Distilled water

2 hours ago, virgo lady said:

Removes so many and such a high % that RO water is allowed to be called "demineralized", so get a life.

RO water is not cpmpletely demineralized in comparison to distilled water. You are confused-RO water is not deminearlized completely period.

"A reverse osmosis (RO) system is a type of water filter that pushes pre-filtered water through a membrane with very tiny pores. ... While RO water is not truly demineralized, the process does remove a significant portion of mineral ions that are too large to pass through the membrane."

It will leave some minereals in an iron but if you aren't running a laundry it should not matter. 

25 minutes ago, cedros said:

RO water is not cpmpletely demineralized in comparison to distilled water. You are confused-RO water is not deminearlized completely period.

"A reverse osmosis (RO) system is a type of water filter that pushes pre-filtered water through a membrane with very tiny pores. ... While RO water is not truly demineralized, the process does remove a significant portion of mineral ions that are too large to pass through the membrane."

It will leave some minereals in an iron but if you aren't running a laundry it should not matter. 

As usual, you are wrong, again:

Reverse osmosis demineralization (lenntech.com)

On 5/21/2021 at 6:41 PM, Estrellas said:

I have looked in the area where they sell irons, in the laundry soaps area and in the drinking water area several times and cannot find it. Do you remember where it was in Walmart that you saw it?   Mucho gracias.

Tha Agua Desmineralizada in Walmart is in the aisle 2 east of where the dog food is. On the eastern side of that aisle, bottom shelf, towards the south end. 33 pesos for 2 liters.  

In the aisle where they sell irons they told me they did not carry it but they do.

11 hours ago, cedros said:

Tha Agua Desmineralizada in Walmart is in the aisle 2 east of where the dog food is. On the eastern side of that aisle, bottom shelf, towards the south end. 33 pesos for 2 liters.  

In the aisle where they sell irons they told me they did not carry it but they do.

Thank you Cedros. I use a steamer instead of an iron and it needs this desmin. water. Gracias.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, that's an interesting comment. I'm certainly no expert, so I had to look it up. First off, it's Total DISSOLVED Solids. Second, "the test does not provide us insight into the specific water quality issues, such as Elevated Hardness, Salty Taste, or Corrosiveness." ( https://water-research.net/index.php/water-treatment/tools/total-dissolved-solids)

So, is it a worthwhile test, I wonder.

59 minutes ago, BeanRoy said:

Well, that's an interesting comment. I'm certainly no expert, so I had to look it up. First off, it's Total DISSOLVED Solids. Second, "the test does not provide us insight into the specific water quality issues, such as Elevated Hardness, Salty Taste, or Corrosiveness." ( https://water-research.net/index.php/water-treatment/tools/total-dissolved-solids)

So, is it a worthwhile test, I wonder.

It is.