Chapala.com Webboard

HUGE UNFINISHED BUILDING

3 minutes ago, ibarra said:

I saw them working there last week too.  Traffic was backed up and I was looking at the construction site, with workers,  for several minutes.  I believe it was last Tuesday. 

Maybe they were stealing supplies and equipment....

59 minutes ago, ibarra said:

I saw them working there last week too.  Traffic was backed up and I was looking at the construction site, with workers,  for several minutes.  I believe it was last Tuesday. 

I also saw people in  hard hats and vests there last week.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mostlylost said:

Right, that's it..... The thieves are returning daily in hard hats and construction vests.!!!!!!!!!!

Perfect camouflage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And they are not there every day...I am by there almost every day and make it a point to look, and nada...maybe you are their PR flack!!!!!

Edited by gringohombre
Added exclamation marks for more emphasis!!!

15 hours ago, Mainecoons said:

Without doubt that building represents a new record in ugly construction hopefully not to be matched soon although that senior citizen ghetto being built west of Ajijic certainly qualifies as a contender.

It looks like La Pueblita has been pretty much at a standstill for several months.  The casitas appear to be pretty much finished but the apartments are a very long way from completion.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, vetteforron said:

I remember (a term I can't use often these days) the Galeria Mall binging a skelton in the late 90s for many years when I first started visiting this area. 

Yes i also  remember that  development beiing caught in the Pesos  crisis of 1994/95

But maybe the SAT construction is related to construction quality and  now the Pandemic  crisis,  a double whammy 

1 minute ago, gringal said:

IF it's ever finished and occupied, the positive is that it would be residential rather than commercial, and thus, would generate less traffic from that location than a group of businesses. (Gotta be something other than gloom here?)😉

I thought it was mixed use, with retail/commercial on lower floor?  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mostlylost said:

3 levels of commercial shops. Apartments above and behind

Etorno laguna.JPG

Pre the Pandemic i thoight the project had some merit as an investment and considered making a purchase,  but never took the time to obtain any details. Now it looks like a white  elephant like many other rentals.

I live behind th construction site next to Walmart. I have spoken to the head engineer, who was here a few days ago. He said the money has come in. This company has projects in Guadalajara. What they did in the past was bring their team in from Guadalajara daily. They probably need to finis what they are doing in Guad. Small taks are being worked on now. A worker there estimated the work will begin agin in Sept.  TIME WILL TELL. The engineer said the plan is complete the commercial - 2nd, 3rd floor condos first and then the building on Colon. No plans to finish th 3rd building in the back.

I've been told the company doing this has an excellent reputation. Finance has been thr problem.

• Thanks 1