Chapala.com Webboard

Vaccine news and rumors

Was told by a local teacher that she (and others) got the one shot CanSino vaccine last week. Not offered to the general public here yet. 

Pharmaceutical giant GlaxoSmithKline and Canadian vaccine maker Medicago have released promising results (link)from their Phase 2 COVID-19 clinical trial.

A plant based vaccine(?);

"In a joint statement posted on Tuesday, they say the study shows trial participants have 10 times more antibodies in their systems than patients recovering from COVID-19. They reported that there were no severe adverse reactions."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/a-plant-based-covid-19-vaccine-from-a-glaxosmithkline-alliance-with-medicago-shows-strong-antibody-response/ar-BB1gRT7f

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-gsk-medicago-idUSKBN2481PS

12 minutes ago, Bisbee Gal said:

I'm confused.  What does the Chinese Cansino vax have to do with any of your links?  

News, AND Rumors.

From a valid source on the CanSino, but will the general public get it? I do not know. I think it is a good sign that that shot is now at Lakeside for some.

The news of a plant based vaccine that may produce 10 times as many antibodies as having been infected, sounds like good news. No?

The CanSino for teachers was pretty well known.  But thanks for explaining why it was included in your post.  

https://theguadalajarareporter.net/index.php/news/news/regional/56674-cristiania-park-hosts-shots-for-academic-sector

Cristianía Park hosts shots for academic sector

Published: 29 April 2021 Written by Dale Hoyt Palfrey
Chapala was chosen as one of 13 venues for inoculations against the SARS-CoV-2 virus scheduled April 28 through May 4 for teachers and administrative staff of Jalisco’s public and private educational institutions.

MORE THAN 1,000 TEACHERS AND SCHOOL ADMINISTRATORS WERE SIGNED UP FOR THE FIRST DAY OF CANSINO SHOTS POKED INTO ARMS AT CHAPALA’S CRISTIANÍA PARK. WITH LOGISTICS WORKED OUT WELL IN ADVANCE, THE CLINIC WAS UP AND RUNNING FROM THE GET-GO WEDNESDAY, APRIL 28.

The city’s La Cristianía Park headquartered vaccinations for academic personnel employed in Chapala, Jocotepec and nine other municipalities in the Southeast Region, plus neighboring Ixtlahuacán de los Membrillos. Finely tuned logistics implemented early Wednesday, April 28, translated into efficient, trouble-free operation of the clinic for the 1,065 individuals scheduled to attend on that date.

According to site coordinator Oscar Diaz Zambrano, regional delegate for the state’s Education Department (SEP), operative wrinkles were worked out during trial runs on Monday and Tuesday. Opening up promptly at 8 a.m. on Wednesday, the first group of patients quickly got through checking of their registration documents to get their jabs within 25 minutes. Large tents were placed outside at the park’s entrance, as the initial waiting area, with three tented vaccination modules located inside the gates.

The program for application of single-dose CanSino vaccines was organized entirely by SEP and the Universidad de Guadalajara, without involving the federal government’s Servants of the Nation. The local clinic was  supported by 70 SEP employees and another 50 staffers from Chapala City Hall.

4 minutes ago, Bisbee Gal said:

The CanSino for teachers was pretty well known.  But thanks for explaining why it was included in your post.  

https://theguadalajarareporter.net/index.php/news/news/regional/56674-cristiania-park-hosts-shots-for-academic-sector

I was unaware that it had been previously posted. 

Thank you.

2 hours ago, Bisbee Gal said:

I'm confused.  What does the Chinese Cansino vax have to do with any of your links?  

So, can you tell us of when this vaccine will be available to the general public. It would sure be good if soon.

It may be better for many than the 2 shot sinovac that has been available previously to the expats.

Edited by Whipstock
Clarification

You haven't been paying attention - the one shot Cansino was offered in Ixtlahuacan around mid-April; they were begging people to come and get vaccinated. A one day clinic was rescheduled to a three day just to get use up the vaccine they had on hand.

1 hour ago, WideSky said:

You haven't been paying attention - the one shot Cansino was offered in Ixtlahuacan around mid-April; they were begging people to come and get vaccinated. A one day clinic was rescheduled to a three day just to get use up the vaccine they had on hand.

Obviously, I wasn't. This was the first I'd heard about it. 

Edit point;

Do you know anyone who got one, on those days? 

Edited by Whipstock
Added a question due to curiosity.

1 hour ago, WideSky said:

Our maid told us about it, but we had unfortunately scheduled a popular local exterminator for that day. Few bugs died and we didn't get vaccinated.

12 hours ago, Whipstock said:

Do you know anyone who got one, on those days? 

Friends of mine from Riberas found out about it and went (married couple). My husband missed the Chapala first dose so we jumped in the car and went up there, and he got it too. In the "vacc room" we ran into another foreign friend getting it, plus I saw several other foreigners I didn't know.  As far as I know the whole thing spread by word of mouth but the "word" was:  "...Not enough people here so seniors who live in Chapala municipality feel free to come up".

• Thanks 1

from https://www.jalisco.gob.mx/es/gobierno/comunicados/vacunacion-en-jalisco

We are about to start vaccination for people from 50 to 59 years old and pregnant women of any age, from the ninth week of gestation.

The dates and municipalities will be announced in the next few days, meanwhile do not forget to make your pre-registration at the following link:

https://mivacuna.salud.gob.mx/index.php

1 hour ago, Mostlylost said:

The dates and municipalities will be announced in the next few days, meanwhile do not forget to make your pre-registration at the following link:

https://mivacuna.salud.gob.mx/index.php

What's supposed to happen after you fill out the registration? My wife and I filled them out over a month ago and have heard nothing.

3 hours ago, AndyPanda said:

Just a tiny bit of promotion and coordination around here would help a lot. I would gladly have tried the one-shot Sinovac if I had known.

You do mean CANSINO don't you?  Because there is no such thing as one-shot Sinovac

5 hours ago, dcstroker said:

What's supposed to happen after you fill out the registration? My wife and I filled them out over a month ago and have heard nothing.

So which group are you in 50+ or 60+?
50+ have not been advised of when shots would be available
if you missed the 60+ shots you may be able to go when the 50+ group vaccinations are available.

No you likely will not be called or emailed.

5 hours ago, dcstroker said:

You can check this page daily for information

https://www.jalisco.gob.mx/es/gobierno/comunicados/vacunacion-en-jalisco

You can watch the posts on this web board daily

You can check daily ( and you don't need to have facebook to see)

https://www.facebook.com/GobiernoDeChapala/

21 minutes ago, MtnMama said:

Hopefully when 1st dose seniors are started again, municipalities near Quad will allow us outsiders to participate.

If I missed my 2nd dose in Chapala I'd show up anywhere shots are offered with a sad look on my face and a couple dozen of donuts  🍩

• Like 1

On 5/18/2021 at 10:20 PM, MtnMama said:

Our maid told us about it, but we had unfortunately scheduled a popular local exterminator for that day. Few bugs died and we didn't get vaccinated.

This was posted in early March;

México recibe 3 millones de dosis de la vacuna de CanSino para su envasado y proceso final | Secretaría de Relaciones Exteriores | Gobierno | gob.mx (www.gob.mx)