Chapala.com Webboard

The "Misssed First Dose" 60+ dilemma

Look folks I am sorry I brought this up but some of your excuses are pathetic.  Right now things are somewhat stable here.

BUT

What happens if the Indian variant turns up here and is deadly?  Look right now 4000 people are dying a day in India.  Maybe you won't be able to fly at that point.

Whether you like it or not (Politically) a vaccine passport will be needed to fly in the future.  Many airlines and countries are talking about this right now. You could be stuck here. Do you want to be the have or the have not.  We may be getting it under control in many countries but it is not in control in many other countries.

You just can't bet on the Mexican government to save you.  For crying out loud they only gave the vaccine to government doctors not your private doctor.  I know four doctors who just flew to US and got the vaccine. Giving the vaccine to teachers before doctors is not very bright.  I expect this kind of thinking to continue.

Go to the US and get a J&J shot and come home.  Use your Gubmint money, spend your own, borrow it from your family.  Latest study show it works at keeping one out of the hospital.  Yes if you want more protection by all means get it but the single J&J shot works.

Now you can go back to bitching or do something.   I do feel sorry for the two people I know who react to vaccines. I don't know what they will do in the future.

Good luck and time to really think this out.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, gimpychimp said:

Why didn't you just go to one of the many municipalities comprising the greater Guadalajara area and get one? They were happy to give one to anyone over 60. Soon they will be happy to give one to anyone over 50. 

You assume a lot. First of all, it is none of your business whether I personally got a shot or why I did/could not go if I did not. I was not talking about myself. Some of us know/care about people whose lives are different from their own. We like to remind people that what may seem easy/affordable to them may not be possible for others. Stop being so nosy and judgmental. 

• Like 5

10 hours ago, gringal said:

For those who were not sufficiently ambulatory to follow the normal procedure for getting a shot, a "home visit" sign up site was originally set up.  What happened, in fact, was that as far as I know, neither I nor others who signed up for it as early as March were ever contacted.  So "this is the sensible way to keep getting any older residents to come in" that Gimpychimp suggested  does not apply.  We who are not able to "come in" for various reasons need the home visit that was originally set up, but which somehow evaporated. I wish someone who is in the know would explain the reason why.  Speculation is not useful.

At this point, all that any of the older people in that group who are needing and wanting a jab can do is wait for the powers that be to release the vaccine to private doctors. Why they didn't do so in the first place is a mystery, and just plain wrong.

The National Guard is responsible for the vaccines. They will not let any leave the vaccination centers for a home visit possibly.

9 hours ago, AlanMexicali said:

The National Guard is responsible for the vaccines. They will not let any leave the vaccination centers for a home visit possibly.

SOMEBODY gives the orders to the National Guard, so somebody or bodies is responsible for the people who are in the highest risk group, such as the disabled and nursing home residents...not getting the vaccine.  I'm going to gamble that the "buck stops" at AMLO'S desk.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, lcscats said:

Look folks I am sorry I brought this up but some of your excuses are pathetic.  Right now things are somewhat stable here.

BUT

What happens if the Indian variant turns up here and is deadly?  Look right now 4000 people are dying a day in India.  Maybe you won't be able to fly at that point.

Whether you like it or not (Politically) a vaccine passport will be needed to fly in the future.  Many airlines and countries are talking about this right now. You could be stuck here. Do you want to be the have or the have not.  We may be getting it under control in many countries but it is not in control in many other countries.

You just can't bet on the Mexican government to save you.  For crying out loud they only gave the vaccine to government doctors not your private doctor.  I know four doctors who just flew to US and got the vaccine. Giving the vaccine to teachers before doctors is not very bright.  I expect this kind of thinking to continue.

Go to the US and get a J&J shot and come home.  Use your Gubmint money, spend your own, borrow it from your family.  Latest study show it works at keeping one out of the hospital.  Yes if you want more protection by all means get it but the single J&J shot works.

Now you can go back to bitching or do something.   I do feel sorry for the two people I know who react to vaccines. I don't know what they will do in the future.

Good luck and time to really think this out.

The Mexican government was supposed to have a link which you clicked on, entered your CURP and got your official receipt from the government for you Sinovac vavvinations but it never worked. All you get from your Sinovac vaccinations is a flimsy piece of paper-not a passport

37 minutes ago, cedros said:

The Mexican government was supposed to have a link which you clicked on, entered your CURP and got your official receipt from the government for you Sinovac vavvinations but it never worked. All you get from your Sinovac vaccinations is a flimsy piece of paper-not a passport

so make a copy and keep the original in a safe place.

All you get from the USA ia a small handwritten card.  Depending on where you get the shot there might be a stamp with the date, or a small sticker. Many times they don't even write your name in. You could fill in anyone's name. Or  even easier, download the form from the internet and make your own. 

Vax 1.JPG

Vax 2.JPG

44 minutes ago, Mostlylost said:

so make a copy and keep the original in a safe place.

All you get from the USA ia a small handwritten card.  Depending on where you get the shot there might be a stamp with the date, or a small sticker. Many times they don't even write your name in. You could fill in anyone's name. Or  even easier, download the form from the internet and make your own. 

Vax 1.JPG

Vax 2.JPG

Yes, I have seen the US ones from two different states in the US. They have your name and date and location and lot number, type of vaccine, etc,. You could easily slip it in your passport as they are much smaller.They are much more substantial (heavier paper) and usable than the ones given out Lakeside. They should all really be wallet size.

I made my own from the Sinovac vaccination-shrunk it down and laminated it. 

Your post complained you could not go to a website and print out something. Are you assuming that when and if that option becomes available it will a small size that will fit inside your passport?  

You already have a form which is probably a lot more official looking than over 150 million Americans have. 

As is recommend in the USA put the original in a safe place. Make a photocopy to use when needed. 

I would think that you could fold it to fit your passport. Wow problem solved. 

Contacting ANYONE in the government is/was/ and will be an exercise in frustration. Part of the issue with home visits is the military will not let any vaccine out of their sight as that is their assigned mission.

Followup of missed shots are ALLEGED to be allowed during next group 50-59 application. No official documentation to date. The issue of home shots has been presented without response. Perhaps these will have to wait until doctors are allowed to have vaccines and do home visits. AGAIN NO  OFFICIAL INFORMATION.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cedros said:

Interestingly, while you can see your vaccination information on this website, the details of the shots have never been filled in. I wouldn't expect the 2nd shot info to be there yet, but certainly there has been enough time for the 1st one.

https://mivacuna.salud.gob.mx/index.php

4 hours ago, Mostlylost said:

Your post complained you could not go to a website and print out something. Are you assuming that when and if that option becomes available it will a small size that will fit inside your passport?  

You already have a form which is probably a lot more official looking than over 150 million Americans have. 

As is recommend in the USA put the original in a safe place. Make a photocopy to use when needed. 

I disagree. The CDC one from the US is a lot more official looking than the Sinovac one . Have you seen them?

Who knows what (and when) something more useful  might become available on that Mexcian website.  It has been 55 days since my first vaccine and nothing is there.

26 minutes ago, AndyPanda said:

Interestingly, while you can see your vaccination information on this website, the details of the shots have never been filled in. I wouldn't expect the 2nd shot info to be there yet, but certainly there has been enough time for the 1st one.

https://mivacuna.salud.gob.mx/index.php

Yes just generalities there -nothing about your vaccinations even though you enter your CURP

For those contemplating a trip NOB for vaccination: I am in the States at this time, and was vaccinated at a local CVS pharmacy last Wednesday, May 12th, 2021. I had a 3 o'clock appointment for the Janssen/Johnson & Johnson single-shot vaccine, but there were no other patients. The man who administered my shot told me that that day was the last day they would be giving the J&J vaccine. He speculated it was because the two-shot vaccines had been approved for teenagers. I didn't see any disclaimer on the CVS website when I made the appointment that they would be switching vaccines, so perhaps it would be wise to confirm which one you'll get as close as possible to your departure.

3 hours ago, Mostlylost said:

You misread my post .....I indicated that the CDC form is probably LESS official looking.

"You already have a form which is probably a lot more official looking than over 150 million Americans have.

The CDC one is more official looking. I did not misread your post-maybe you have not seen and felt the local forms

1 hour ago, AndyPanda said:

What we got both times in Chapala looks pretty "official" to me. Two different service logos. This is Mexico, after all.

Did you get an official ink stamp on yours inculding the date? That is usually standard in Mexico.

Nor did anyone else. Every office differs; you should know this.

"Did you get an official ink stamp on yours inculding the date? That is usually standard in Mexico." Not hardly. What baloney sandwich did you pull this out of?

Why is it SO important for you to negate every response to you, from Hershey bars w/almonds to this? It's pointless to answer you.

BTW, you made this unfounded statement earlier in this thread:

"Some people wanted Sinovac for some reason and that often was not an option in some of the greater Guadalajara municpalities." Another slice of baloney. Nobodywanted Sinovac... we took what we were given, regadless of the municipality. Unless you just didn't take it.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, AndyPanda said:

Nor did anyone else. Every office differs; you should know this.

"Did you get an official ink stamp on yours inculding the date? That is usually standard in Mexico." Not hardly. What baloney sandwich did you pull this out of?

Why is it SO important for you to negate every response to you, from Hershey bars w/almonds to this? It's pointless to answer you.

BTW, you made this unfounded statement earlier in this thread:

"Some people wanted Sinovac for some reason and that often was not an option in some of the greater Guadalajara municpalities." Another slice of baloney. Nobodywanted Sinovac... we took what we were given, regadless of the municipality. Unless you just didn't take it.

In Mexico they seem to love stamping your documents and then add their elaborate signature often. How do you knows nobody wanted Sinovac-did you ask everyone? Why negate-only if they are incorrect or incomplete.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/16/2021 at 4:15 PM, gringal said:

Meanwhile, how about all the people who are in "nursing homes", etc.?  High risk group who nobody is helping.

At the Lake Chapala Nurseing home they have a large van that they take their patients in to get vaccinated at the Ajijic malecon. They get priority there.

On 5/17/2021 at 7:32 AM, cedros said:

Can you tell and show us examples from anywhere in the world where you get anything but a flimsy piece of paper saying you have been vaccinated.  
Don’t bother claiming you get one in the US, because you don’t...

• Thanks 1

I just got a phone call from an official that asked if I had received the vaccination. I told her, no, I hadn't received it and why. She said I would receive a phone call in the next week to tell me where to go. Stay tuned.

p.s. I sincerely hope she will be telling me where to go for the vaccination. :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 5/17/2021 at 8:44 AM, Mostlylost said: