Chapala.com Webboard

Vaccine info

This is official.
From Gob de Chapala "By provision of the State and Federal authorities if your first surname begins with these letters (F to P) tomorrow you can receive your second dose and the rest of the letters will continue for next Saturday, May 15. We regret the inconvenience that these last minute changes may cause, we always work to report responsibly and on time but these last minute changes are not our responsibility. However, we will not stop doing what is in our power to provide a dignified vaccination day to our older adults."
  • Thanks 1

No, I didn´t miss it.  Only suggested, as it was the nearest that I know of.  A 2 hour flight isn´t too bad for something as important as this.....IMHO.

If I had missed the program here that would have been my next option.  Some of my family members flew a greater distance but for various other reasons.  But who knows, as unpredictable as things are here there might be other places in Mexico with excess vaccine.  Or just be careful and wait it out to next November when you will be able to buy it at the farmacias or Dr.´s offices.

edit: I remember you wanted a home visit, so if you are not ambulatory enough to go out or travel I would definitely  be very careful and wait for the commercial availability and until your Dr. can make a home visit. 

My dear Harry. If ever there was a time for for the ex pat Laison Person to demonstrate his competence it was this communication issue between the  administration  and the foreign community. On reflection  I wonder why the US and Canadian  consuls  were not more forth coming? 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

even the municipality has not been kept informed. Do you really think this group would bother with foreign entities? It has been a guessing game from day one.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, mudgirl said:

Forthcoming about what? It has nothing to do with them.

Really...in times of emergency it is part of their  responsibility to provide assistance as the need arises..COMMUNICATION COMMUNICATION COMMUNICATION 

Yes Harry the same applies to Hector, regardless if there is no news,or advisory etc just say something . You know that better than Hector 

If this whole Pandemic has shown one thing it's do not rely on the Federal, State or Municipal government  to help you,  and co graduations to those ex pats who thought outside of the box to be vaccinated..only to be vilified by other ex pats..Perhaps it's the diversity of our community that makes it so interesting

Odd that the govenments resort to Facebook for making announcements. Many people don't have computers or use Facebook and Facebook has generally been an apologist for the government's incompetance. The information they post on Facebook is usually not very useful.

Anything that gets posted on Facebook gets spread around pretty quickly. Partly by people who can't wait to tell us what they've "discovered". We all found out what was happening. There are many other avenues of information that many of us entitled expats on a webboard don't even think about.

6 hours ago, Brian Dalziel said:

Many people who live here benefit greatly from the benevolence, handiwork, and contributions provided by Chapala Expat Liaison Hector España Ramos and community supporter Harry Bublin.

I love them both and whilst we are at it give a plug for Manix. And yes their support to the community probably goes untold

But Brian for me the important thing in my life and many other vulnerable national's in the community was getting the vaccine in a timely and organized manner. Period. Just recognize it for what it is/was, a screw up of major proportions 

On 5/16/2021 at 7:32 PM, HarryB said:

How many times has Hector said I have no information. No information is NO INFORMATION.

Or been given information that changed at the whim of the volunteers. I expect he is more frustrated than we are.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1