Chapala.com Webboard

Any Canadians who want to be vaxed.

2 hours ago, happyjillin said:

Clearly frIedflie has only studied his navel lint. I'm suspecting that he is registered under at least one other handle on here. Is there a troll award. In that regard he would be the clear winner-no?-SNORK!

Are you accusing me of duplicity?

5 minutes ago, FlyFree said:

Canada wants "well qualified" immigrants who will be economically productive rather than draining their social welfare system.

And they are getting them. Based on what I have seen in Mexico, the so called "dreamers", and Latinx young people, I think the U.S. is taking a risk absorbing these young people but that it is going to payoff many times over. Economy, work ethics, entrepreneurship, and talent. But it is not my country and the dominant culture will definitely change over time.

1 hour ago, FlyFree said:

Totally irrelevant comment.

Not at all. If you had any sense of the world outside your head, you'd know that hundreds of migrants are fleeing Africa and drowning on their way to Cueta in the south of Spain.

By your logic of sending transport down from Canada to pick up people entering the US from Mexico or further south, then someone living in Belarus, Poland, Germany, or France or even England should be sending transport down to Italy to pick them up. Because why not?

1 minute ago, AndyPanda said:

Not at all. If you had any sense of the world outside your head, you'd know that hundreds of migrants are fleeing Africa and drowning on their way to Cueta in the south of Spain.

By your logic of sending transport down from Canada to pick up people entering the US from Mexico or further south, then someone living in Belarus, Poland, Germany, or France or even England should be sending transport down to Italy to pick them up. Because why not?

You are conflating one problem with another. 

2 hours ago, FlyFree said:

Please brush up on your international law. A minuscule number of the immigrants at the U.S. southern border are refugees. The rest want to go to the U.S. for economic reasons.

The U.S. does not welcome illegal immigrants. It is making allowances for refugees according to international law.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, FlyFree said:

Canada wants "well qualified" immigrants who will be economically productive rather than draining their social welfare system.

Economically productive is part of the last chart in the article that you posted. There are other categories shown as well.

Why are you so interested in flinging $hit at Canada? Were you denied residency there?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Ferret said:

Economically productive is part of the last chart in the article that you posted. There are other categories shown as well.

Why are you so interested in flinging $hit at Canada? Were you denied residency there?

I have no desire to move to Canada. It is the last county in the world that I would want to move to. I am a proud American, the best country in the world.

• Haha 4
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Xena said:

The U.S. does not welcome illegal immigrants. It is making allowances for refugees according to international law.

Most of the people at the U.S./Mexico border are not refugees. They want to enter the U.S. because they want economic benefits. If they are truly refugees, let them return to their countries of origin, and apply for refugee status.

6 minutes ago, AndyPanda said:

Watch this, Fly.

Yes, I have watched the video. To each his own. Is that why people are lining up in droves to get into the U.S.? Those people who do not think so, let them queue up to go somewhere else.

6 minutes ago, FlyFree said:

Yes, I have watched the video. To each his own. Is that why people are lining up in droves to get into the U.S.? Those people who do not think so, let them queue up to go somewhere else.

"To each his own"? The man was reciting facts. But you keep your own truth. Done with your horsesh**.

6 minutes ago, AndyPanda said:

"To each his own"? The man was reciting facts. But you keep your own truth. Done with your horsesh**.

Each person is entitled to their own opinion. They are not entitled to their own facts. That includes you. Please post videos that are fair and balanced. 

34 minutes ago, FlyFree said:

I have no desire to move to Canada. It is the last county in the world that I would want to move to. I am a proud American, the best country in the world.

So why don’t you live in America?  If you do live there than why you posting here?  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, FlyFree said:

Most of the people at the U.S./Mexico border are not refugees. They want to enter the U.S. because they want economic benefits. If they are truly refugees, let them return to their countries of origin, and apply for refugee status.

As far as I know refugee status and asylum are treated the same under US law and one must be IN the USA or at border entry to apply.

32 minutes ago, Tacoaddict said:

So why don’t you live in America?  If you do live there than why you posting here?  

I moved here because my partner wished to live in Mexico. I was quite happy in the United States. If one is happy in a relationship, it requires compromise.

33 minutes ago, timjwilson said:

As far as I know refugee status and asylum are treated the same under US law and one must be IN the USA or at border entry to apply.

No, refugees can apply from abroad. In fact the new US administration wants to set in place a better system so that potential refugees from Central America can apply more easily from their home countries as well as from Mexico.

https://www.uscis.gov/humanitarian/refugees-and-asylum/refugees

Refugees
Under United States law, a refugee is someone who:Is located outside of the United States
Is of special humanitarian concern to the United States
Demonstrates that they were persecuted or fear persecution due to race, religion, nationality, political opinion, or membership in a particular social group
Is not firmly resettled in another country
Is admissible to the United States

The Refugee Process
You must receive a referral to the U.S. Refugee Admissions Program (USRAP) for consideration as a refugee. For more information on the referral criteria, see the USRAP Consultations and Worldwide Processing Priorities page.

If you receive a referral, you will receive help filling out your application and then be interviewed abroad by a USCIS officer who will determine whether you are eligible for refugee resettlement. For more information about eligibility, see our Refugee Eligibility Determination page.

24 minutes ago, timjwilson said:

The main difference is choice. Simply speaking, a migrant is someone who chooses to move, and a refugee is someone who has been forced from their home. ... Migrants, on the other hand, may move for any number of reasons. Some of them move to be with family or for economic reasons

Here are the requirement to apply for refugee status to the U.S.: https://www.alllaw.com/articles/nolo/us-immigration/how-to-prepare-submit-refugee-application.html

Most of the people showing up at the Mexican/U.S. border want to move to the U.S. for economic reasons. They are not refugees.

Anyone who wants to apply to legally emigrate to the U.S., refugee or otherwise, must do so from their home country.