Chapala.com Webboard

Any Canadians who want to be vaxed.

1 hour ago, CHILLIN said:

Canada has just announced its entry into Covid vaccine production. Initial trials have been very successful. This is important because it is going to get more vaccine out there, and also Canadian scientists, who are among the world's best, will be able to tweak things such as localised variants. They have already found a technique to vaccinate producing 9 times more antibodies than vaccines in use right now.

Over the past 10 to 15 years Canada has been able to attract the world's emerging and existing top minds because of universal healthcare, free education, Asian and international tolerance and not seeing people getting shot or starving on their commute.

I'm so glad Canada is going to be producing it's own vaccines. I hope that it will show it's generosity to the rest of the world by sharing with them, especially countries like India and Brazil. While you're at it Canada should send some transportation to the Mexican/US border where there are so many people suffering. They are cold, hungry, and many suffering from Covid. I would hate for these people to die of starvation, Covid or suffer from any abuse. Canada should welcome them with open arms. 

Next time you are on the Liberimento, take a look at Bomberos station. Notice the almost new fire truck, donated free from Canada. Notice the yellow EBCO container, full of specialized firefighting apparatus, again donated from Canada.

Next time you are near the U.S. Mexican border, you tell me what the U.S.A. is doing to resolve this global pandemic and economic disaster. At least they are giving the youth a chance to prove themselves. I think we are all going to be pleasantly surprised. Except for Flyfree when an orderly puts in a firecracker while changing his bed pan!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CHILLIN said:

Next time you are on the Liberimento, take a look at Bomberos station. Notice the almost new fire truck, donated free from Canada. Notice the yellow EBCO container, full of specialized firefighting apparatus, again donated from Canada.

Next time you are near the U.S. Mexican border, you tell me what the U.S.A. is doing to resolve this global pandemic and economic disaster. At least they are giving the youth a chance to prove themselves. I think we are all going to be pleasantly surprised. Except for Flyfree when an orderly puts in a firecracker while changing his bed pan!

Next time, when you you have a moment, check out how much foreign aid is given by the U.S. government, not just to Mexico but also other countries. Also how much aid is given by American charitable foundations to foreign countries.

On 5/13/2021 at 7:34 PM, TelsZ4 said:

Last Saturday I went online to get an appointment to be vaxed  In Laredo Texas I had the choice of Pfizer,  Moderna or J&J I choose J&J.

I'm curious though.   

For those people flying to Houston to get vaccinated faster than in Mexico:

• What was the shortest possible stay in Houston, while still being able to get vaccinated?   
  • Did you have to get another COVID test again in the states, before returning from US-to-Mexico?  Or could you use the same recent test, as long as both depart/return flights is within 3 days of test?

Inquiring mind wants to know.

1 hour ago, GDouglas said:

I'm curious though.   

• What was the shortest possible stay in Houston, while still being able to get vaccinated?   
  • Did you have to get another COVID test again in the states, before returning from US-to-Mexico?  Or could you use the same recent test, as long as both depart/return flights is within 3 days of test?

There is no covid test required to fly to Mexico. If Houston is your choice probably one night because of flight times. You can do LAX and return the same day on Volaris.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, GDouglas said:

I'm curious though.   

I believe Mostlylost is correct.

I had been advised that the second most common side effect behind a sore arm is a low grade fever.

A low grade fever may Red flag you at the airport.

Worse case scenerio, you may have to wait a day or two and do some shopping.

BUT, I  am unaware of the TSA procedure if you came in previously with a fever.

20 hours ago, FlyFree said:

Canada should welcome them with open arms. 

Canada has taken in many times more immigrants than the USA has, per capita.      And done more for and with the Covax vaccine facility and the WHO, as well, pound for pound.

Gadfly - Go build another wall.   All around yourself.     Then you and all others can celebrate.

17 minutes ago, virgo lady said:

Canada has taken in many times more immigrants than the USA has, per capita.      And done more for and with the Covax vaccine facility and the WHO, as well, pound for pound.

Gadfly - Go build another wall.   All around yourself.     Then you and all others can celebrate.

Canada welcomes immigrants but only well qualified one's need apply. Canada to welcome up to 390,000 in 2022. https://www.cicnews.com/2020/03/canada-to-welcome-up-to-390000-immigrants-in-2022-0313872.html#gs.174tin

What about illegal immigrants? Like the one's the U.S. is taking in at it's southern border. Send some transport down there and help out. Take them up north to make Canada their home and help them out with your wonderful social welfare programs. 

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, AndyPanda said:

Ever study geography, fly?

Clearly frIedflie has only studied his navel lint. I'm suspecting that he is registered under at least one other handle on here. Is there a troll award. In that regard he would be the clear winner-no?-SNORK!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, AndyPanda said:

Ever study geography, fly?

My knowledge of both geography and language is excellent. Please note I used the word "transport" in my sentence. That includes land, air, or any other mode of transport. Canada can use any mode of transportation to move illegal immigrants from the U.S.'s southern border to Canada. It would alleviate the problem there, and Canada will have an opportunity to show it's generosity.

20 hours ago, CHILLIN said:

Red fire engine has no value in US/Canada as once they get over a certain age they have to get rid of them.  Its is quite old. These units are quite well maintained and look very nice. Don't get me wrong its a wonderful donation along with the firefolks gear but it has no value and it will break as it is so old. Bless the mexican tallers!  Port Moody fireman folks have come to visit the old engine and were treated very very well.  The big problem now is the Mexican paper pushers make it very hard to bring down the old but still useful fire engines.  Also they can tax the crap out of them so many local firemen organizations can't afford the tax.  It is sad as these engines are still very useful to the Bomberos.

35 minutes ago, FlyFree said:

My knowledge of both geography and language is excellent. Please note I used the word "transport" in my sentence. That includes land, air, or any other mode of transport.

That is hardly the point. Okay, I'm in London now, and I am going to send "transport" down to the tip of Africa, just under Spain, so I can bring in a bunch of immigrants and refugees.

37 minutes ago, lcscats said:

Red fire engine has no value in US/Canada as once they get over a certain age they have to get rid of them.  Its is quite old. These units are quite well maintained and look very nice. Don't get me wrong its a wonderful donation along with the firefolks gear but it has no value and it will break as it is so old. Bless the mexican tallers!  Port Moody fireman folks have come to visit the old engine and were treated very very well.  The big problem now is the Mexican paper pushers make it very hard to bring down the old but still useful fire engines.  Also they can tax the crap out of them so many local firemen organizations can't afford the tax.  It is sad as these engines are still very useful to the Bomberos.

People from Canada[here and there] are working all the time with the help of Rotary Clubs to constantly supply ALL  bomberos around the lake with used equipment in excellent condition not just trucks but everything a bombero station could dream of having. I  have personal knowledge of this. this truck was given to Jocotepec from the city of Lethbridge Alberta and is especially equipped for brush fires which are the most prolific type here. Yes they got too close to one.

bomberos jocotepec 001.jpg

bomberos jocotepec 002.jpg

1 hour ago, FlyFree said:

Canada welcomes immigrants but only well qualified one's need apply. Canada to welcome up to 390,000 in 2022. https://www.cicnews.com/2020/03/canada-to-welcome-up-to-390000-immigrants-in-2022-0313872.html#gs.174tin

What about illegal immigrants? Like the one's the U.S. is taking in at it's southern border. Send some transport down there and help out. Take them up north to make Canada their home and help them out with your wonderful social welfare programs. 

The U.S. is not taking in illegal immigrants at its southern border. It is taking in some refugees according to international law.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mostlylost said:

My wife flew into USA and was not checked for temperature at the airport.

In both airports they were using thermal cameras, with someone watching a monitor. In Guadalajara it is set up as you scan your ticket going into security. I saw i had almost the exact amount or orange and red on my profile as the gentleman ahead of me. They let me through, so I must have been OK.

55 minutes ago, AndyPanda said:

That is hardly the point. Okay, I'm in London now, and I am going to send "transport" down to the tip of Africa, just under Spain, so I can bring in a bunch of immigrants and refugees.

Totally irrelevant comment.

44 minutes ago, Xena said:

The U.S. is not taking in illegal immigrants at its southern border. It is taking in some refugees according to international law.

Please brush up on your international law. A minuscule number of the immigrants at the U.S. southern border are refugees. The rest want to go to the U.S. for economic reasons.

51 minutes ago, happyjillin said:

People from Canada[here and there] are working all the time with the help of Rotary Clubs to constantly supply ALL  bomberos around the lake with used equipment in excellent condition not just trucks but everything a bombero station could dream of having. I  have personal knowledge of this. this truck was given to Jocotepec from the city of Lethbridge Alberta and is especially equipped for brush fires which are the most prolific type here. Yes they got too close to one.

51 minutes ago, happyjillin said:

I am not minimizing what you're doing in this localized area. Just pointing out that Canada needs to do more for all the immigrants fleeing their countries. There are many at the U.S. southern border that Canada could be taking in. Help these people please.

2 hours ago, FlyFree said:

This quote is from the article above...

On a per-capita basis, Canada’s levels are also high, as it is now welcoming 0.9 per cent of its population in immigrants. By way of comparison, the United States has welcomed an average of one million immigrants annually in recent times. However, that figure represents just 0.3 per cent of its population.

• Like 1