Chapala.com Webboard

Any Canadians who want to be vaxed.

1 minute ago, Whipstock said:

And I'm sure you were aware Canada contributed to the research?  /s

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/04/world/europe/eu-coronavirus-vaccine.html

“We will not be safe until we can share it with the rest of the world,” said Prime Minister Justin Trudeau of Canada, referring to a vaccine.

Yes, let him start sharing Canadian vaccines with the rest of the world. Start practicing what you preach. It's easy to spend other people's money. Also let Canada start contributing it's fair share to NATO. Instead of contributing only 1% of it's GDP, start contributing the 2% that they signed up for. Also, Canada should increase it's defense budget to protect itself instead of relying on it's southern neighbor. I remember Prime Minister of Canada, Justin Trudeau, crying in his beer that if country did that, they would not be able to support it's healthcare and social welfare programs at the current level. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, Whipstock said:

You should stop being so kind and giving, it's making you grumpy and whiny.

I too am done with responding to you.

I'm only pointing out that Canada should do it's fair share. I'm not at all grumpy. I am pointing out what Canada is not doing. And you're done because you can't hold a valid argument.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, FlyFree said:

I'm only pointing out that Canada should do it's fair share. I'm not at all grumpy. I am pointing out what Canada is not doing. And you're done because you can't hold a valid argument.

Whipstock will be finished when he decides he is. You don’t get to tell anyone on this board when they are “done.” 

13 minutes ago, Whipstock said:

You should stop being so kind and giving, it's making you grumpy and whiny.

I too am done with responding to you.

6 minutes ago, Xena said:

Whipstock will be finished when he decides he is. You don’t get to tell anyone on this board when they are “done.” 

I would not be so presumptuous to tell Whipstock, you,  or anyone else on this board as to what to do. These are Whipstock's own words "I too am done with responding to you." I am not telling him what to do. I'm only quoting him.

Quite frankly, I think I have less chance of contracting Covid by continuing to mask and distance from anyone outside my bubble, than I do of having some crazed antimasker screaming in my face, or being shot by some loony with a gun, in America. So I'll pass on a trip to the US.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

50 minutes ago, FlyFree said:

Yes, let him start sharing Canadian vaccines with the rest of the world. Start practicing what you preach. It's easy to spend other people's money. Also let Canada start contributing it's fair share to NATO. Instead of contributing only 1% of it's GDP, start contributing the 2% that they signed up for. Also, Canada should increase it's defense budget to protect itself instead of relying on it's southern neighbor. I remember Prime Minister of Canada, Justin Trudeau, crying in his beer that if country did that, they would not be able to support it's healthcare and social welfare programs at the current level. 

Why don't we focus instead on what our own America the Great government has done illegally and continues to do, and what it hasn't done that it should? Shut up about politics and trying to blame some country for one thing based on another. You remember? This board prohibits politics. And your topic has absolutely nothing to do with Mexico.

1 hour ago, TelsZ4 said:

Why anyone would debate anything with FlyFree is beyond me.. All you are doing is giving him more avenues to post his irrelevant garbage...

It all began with a well meaning post to convey information.  I thought it was most helpful.

Too many engage in "assault" tactics here.    

And,  in Covid times there appears to be an added trigger, as many don't even acknowledge emotionally just how the stress of the crisis has hit them.  

I think before we type, it would be helpful to think twice, and try extra hard to be kinder to one another.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, TelsZ4 said:

Why anyone would debate anything with FlyFree is beyond me.. All you are doing is giving him more avenues to post his irrelevant garbage...

Good advice TelsZ4 and MezLuis. 

After rolling in the mud, I feel that I am just as dirty. 

Lesson learned, I initially thought valid questions were being asked, by another poster.

Hope everyone has a great day. We are in an amazing place. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, TelsZ4 said:

You are right, of course. I didn't realize he was part of that group of ne'er-do-wells until it was too late.

• Like 1

On 5/16/2021 at 8:59 PM, FlyFree said:

"Trump" "Trump who?" Old news. Do you realize the U.S.'s current president is Joe Biden. It is Biden's current policy that wants the U.S. to be given priority. What is wrong with that policy? And, by the way, has Canada not been purchasing vaccines? If not, why not?

You are a first class pendejo, amigo.     Now USA "Buy American" all of a sudden wants to remove the illegal tariffs it put on Canadian lumber.....because it can't get enough of it's own....oh, boo hoo, suck it up, maybe you can't have any lumber from Canada, Mr. Buy American.      And Canadians can enjoy nice lower lumber prices, and availability, of their own product, instead of high prices and shortages so vaccinated Americans can build homes.      

It's all about you....except, it's not.     FlyFree?   More like, GadFly.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I find it a bit disrespectful to badmouth entire countries and people.

I've found that everywhere I've been, there are a certain amount of amazing people, and some pendejos with an axe to grind, (sprinkled in for good measure).

The rest are somewhere in the middle, just dealing with life's issues as they occur.

If you think the world, or your neighbors owe you, it's your chip to carry. Maybe try to keep it to yourself.

Just my $0.02 I hope I have not offended anyone. 

• Like 6

11 hours ago, virgo lady said:

You are a first class pendejo, amigo.     Now USA "Buy American" all of a sudden wants to remove the illegal tariffs it put on Canadian lumber.....because it can't get enough of it's own....oh, boo hoo, suck it up, maybe you can't have any lumber from Canada, Mr. Buy American.      And Canadians can enjoy nice lower lumber prices, and availability, of their own product, instead of high prices and shortages so vaccinated Americans can build homes.      

It's all about you....except, it's not.     FlyFree?   More like, GadFly.

My dear Virgo Lady, you can call me all the names that you want. It doesn't change anything. I recall Canada's buy "local dairy" campaign in 2018. You should persuade the Canadian government to to stop importing everything from the U.S. Go through the letters of the alphabet and stop using all American products from Amazon to Zoom. Stop using American pharmaceuticals. And don't sell one thing to the U.S. That will show 'em. Get Canada to increase it's defense budget to protect the country. That way you won't have to depend on your generous southern neighbor. Canada should become completely independent and punish the U.S. economically by using nothing that comes from that country.

I always find it mind boggling how much some Americans do not know about the very reciprocal relationship that exists between Canada and the U.S.

U.S. Relations With Canada - United States Department of State

Canada | United States Trade Representative (ustr.gov)

It is a symbiotic relationship not a parasitic one.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Ferret said:

I always find it mind boggling how much some Americans do not know about the very reciprocal relationship that exists between Canada and the U.S.

U.S. Relations With Canada - United States Department of State

Canada | United States Trade Representative (ustr.gov)

It is a symbiotic relationship not a parasitic one.

I suggest that it's lack of education about what goes on in the world outside the US or [fill in the blank]home town.  Driving to Ontario[a Canadian Province,there are no states] with skis on top of the car in august. That is not just an urban legend.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, FlyFree said:

Get Canada to increase it's defense budget to protect the country. That way you won't have to depend on your generous southern neighbor. 

That's odd- I haven't noticed anyone trying to invade Canada that necessitated the US military "protecting" them.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, FlyFree said:

That's because the potential invader knows that the U.S. has Canada's back.

Bullfarb! There are no potential invaders. But the last foreign invaders of Canada AND the USA successfully, were the Beatles. Who has your back by the way?-SNORK!

• Like 1

Canada has just announced its entry into Covid vaccine production. Initial trials have been very successful. This is important because it is going to get more vaccine out there, and also Canadian scientists, who are among the world's best, will be able to tweak things such as localised variants. They have already found a technique to vaccinate producing 9 times more antibodies than vaccines in use right now.

Over the past 10 to 15 years Canada has been able to attract the world's emerging and existing top minds because of universal healthcare, free education, Asian and international tolerance and not seeing people getting shot or starving on their commute.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, mudgirl said:

That's odd- I haven't noticed anyone trying to invade Canada that necessitated the US military "protecting" them.

The last time the U.S.  started anything the early Canadians and Brits marched to Washington, burned down the Capitol, and by accident the National Library. George Washington was in rapid retreat. They detained Martha Washington for a short time, and only one "patriot" tried to snipe, he was shot immediately.