Chapala.com Webboard

An ealry rainy season?

The "official" rainy season here starts in conjunction with annual 10 day Fiesta Saint Anthony of Padua, the beloved Patron saint of San Antonio Tlayacapan that ends on June 13th. I can attest to this since I live 2 blocks south of the plaza and have attended it, or hear it for each of the past 14 years and it never fails that the downpours start with the cohetes rockets red glare or the first blasts from the huge Banda band brass section. Note: This is NOT Fake News!!! Of course this is also proven by the fact that last years Fiesta was cancelled thus a sparse rainy season...still waiting for the news for this year as the projection of lluvia will certainly depend on that!!! 

42 minutes ago, Mainecoons said:

Nothing yet but maybe it is time to start the annual guess the start of the rainy season thread.

Before I do that, how about some comments from y'all about what the ground rules should be.

Just go with what has been done before - or we may miss the start, waiting for the end of the ground rules battle.    😉

14 hours ago, slainte39 said:

I hope.....never.  Can´t believe anyone would spend one second on such a nonsense waste of time.  When will the first snow fall in Minneapolis or the first wildfire starts in California or the first frost in New Hampshire.

They all happen every year and someone here will feel compelled to explain in great scientific detail why when it is raining, like today, it is not the "rainy season".  How many snowfalls in Minneapolis is considered for the start of the "snowy season"?

Maybe one day you will understand. Why make fun of others who are interested? Why not just ignore things that don't interest you?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mainecoons said:

Nothing yet but maybe it is time to start the annual guess the start of the rainy season thread.

Before I do that, how about some comments from y'all about what the ground rules should be.

Why don't you set the rules as you usually do and leave it at that. To heck with commemts.

5 hours ago, RVGRINGO said:

Rule #2:  Ignore jerks and wait for word from Tlaloc.

I also would defer most explicitly to Tlaloc, the Aztec Rain God for this question. Here he is in all his goggled glory as created by the Torres family in Chapala who I have been working with for over 20 years as part of my business of wholesaling pre-Columbian replicas and traditional Mexican arts and crafts. 

Tlaloc.jpg

10 hours ago, Mainecoons said:

Let's try again.  Here is the question.

Do you believe the Mexican rainy season is a belief?

This requires a simple yes or no answer.  If your answer is yes, however, this weather junkie would find your explanation of that belief very interesting.  :D 

Let's not.

• Haha 1

On 5/15/2021 at 1:16 AM, slainte39 said:

I hope.....never.  Can´t believe anyone would spend one second on such a nonsense waste of time.

Posting is up.    Sorry to disappoint you.   And the word is "nonsensical", to help your vocabulary, while you're not playing.      

3 hours ago, virgo lady said:

Posting is up.    Sorry to disappoint you.   And the word is "nonsensical", to help your vocabulary, while you're not playing.      

I´m sorry that you are sorry.  Just let me know what I owe you for your vocabulary consultancy services.

As far as the disappointment, I imagine I will survive if I suck it up, and with  lots of alcohol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2