Chapala.com Webboard

Vaccine Nervosa

A lot of people getting really worked up about getting their vaccines. I would like to remind them that by October, of this year, if you can keep up your handwashing, facemasks and social distancing, all of a sudden everybody will be pushing vaccinations, with the blessing of the WHO. San Antonio Hospital, Riberas Hospital, Farmacia Guadalajara, who knows how many others. They will charge for these doses, but the prices should be far from ridiculous. In fact I expect many to offer free cappucino and pastry, foot rubs - who knows. October will seem like forever for some, but get busy in your gardens, and it will be here before you know it.

• Like 1

I doubt if AMLO will let control leave his hands and private enterprise is evil you know according to our fearless leader.  This is the man who won't give the vaccine to private doctors but does give it to his government doctors.  This whole thing is beyond understanding.  I sure do hope you are right.

When they hit a surplus of vaccinations, with a few manufacturers now, everything changes. The last I read is that there are now 120 million doses in stock with private pharmacies, clinics, etc. in the U.S.A. I respect AMLOs intention to help the poor and downtrodden by making sure the rich don't push them out of the lineup. But in this case, the poor and downtrodden have been so consistently screwed over by government they don't trust vaccinations or good intentions. They are not getting shots. Can't force them. Bribe them maybe.

There are most likely legal questions also. Extending what were meant to be temporary emergency procedures into long term policy.

And Dennis, the local clinics will operate as normal. Just remember, if it looks impossibly crowded, this is because in Mexico, every medical event is a family event. Partly why the pandemic is so easily spread here.