Chapala.com Webboard

The NYT takes the CDC to the woodshed over masks

Mainecoons

Clearly explained is in the mind of the explainer, particularly when the explainer can't actually cite the basis for something other than what some politician says or what is in the belief system of the explainer. 

Ferret, I suggest you spend a little time reading outside of your usual biased sources for what the general reaction and skepticism has been to this policy change which was implemented with no explanation behind it other than to claim the "science" now justifies it even though just a few short weeks ago we were told the vaccinated had to continue to wear masks, supposedly also beause of the "science."

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/05/11/cdcs-credibility-is-eroding-amid-conflicting-mask-guidance-ex-obama-official-says.html

In any case hopefully we will see less of this silliness of people alone outside or in their cars wearing masks like they actually mean something.  Robbers excepted of course.

:D 

31 minutes ago, Mainecoons said:

Clearly explained is in the mind of the explainer, particularly when the explainer can't actually cite the basis for something other than what some politician says or what is in the belief system of the explainer. 

Ferret, I suggest you spend a little time reading outside of your usual biased sources for what the general reaction and skepticism has been to this policy change which was implemented with no explanation behind it other than to claim the "science" now justifies it even though just a few short weeks ago we were told the vaccinated had to continue to wear masks, supposedly also beause of the "science."

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/05/11/cdcs-credibility-is-eroding-amid-conflicting-mask-guidance-ex-obama-official-says.html

In any case hopefully we will see less of this silliness of people alone outside or in their cars wearing masks like they actually mean something.  Robbers excepted of course.

:D 

Wow. You're a tough sell. I am asking you AGAIN to read the link that I posted on page 3 of this thread because if you call THE JOURNAL OF THE AMERICAN MEDICAL ASSOCIATION and THE NEW ENGLAND JOURNAL OF MEDICINE biased then I really can't help you.

• Like 6

Correct me if I am wrong, but the mask mandate still stands in the US until you have been fully vaccinated and have waited for the shots to take effect. When I was in WA state, I got my second and final Pfizer shot on the 17th of April but had to wait for two more weeks before the medications took full effect, and at that time I did not have to wear my face mask any more, when out in the public.

That means I am one of the about 37% of those fully vaccinated in the US, who no longer has to wear a mask in public. However the vast majority of the US population have not yet met that goal, and still are required to wear a mask in public

There are people now saying they will continue to wear a mask in crowded public venues regardless of them being vaccinated against Covid. Which people have done in many Asian countries for quite awhile.The incidence of influenza and the common cold have plummeted since Covid masking. It makes a lot of sense not to spread whatever germs your carrying around or catch them from others.

1 hour ago, mudgirl said:

There are people now saying they will continue to wear a mask in crowded public venues regardless of them being vaccinated against Covid. Which people have done in many Asian countries for quite awhile.The incidence of influenza and the common cold have plummeted since Covid masking. It makes a lot of sense not to spread whatever germs your carrying around or catch them from others.

Based on that statement ...do you intend to wear a mask for the rest of your life?

3 hours ago, Mostlylost said:

Based on that statement ...do you intend to wear a mask for the rest of your life?

In certain situations, like being crammed indoors with masses of people, I just might. Covid won't be the last pandemic.

I've seen quite a few Chinese immigrants wearing masks in public places, long before Covid, in Vancouver. 

6 hours ago, mudgirl said:

In certain situations, like being crammed indoors with masses of people, I just might. Covid won't be the last pandemic.

I've seen quite a few Chinese immigrants wearing masks in public places, long before Covid, in Vancouver. 

Chinese picked up the habit because of air pollution in China-

10 hours ago, slainte39 said:

Short answer.....NO !!

Once again, you are inferring and implying this dementia thing. And I´ll keep responding as long as you keep implying.

You are dealing with the master of using inferring, implying, and plausible deniability so good not even eagle-eyed Moderator2 could accuse MC of personal attacks. 😁

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, Jreboll said:

Repeated three times. You’re adamant about it, aren’t you?

Jeez, I hoped nobody would notice.

Somehow I posted it twice and while trying to remove one of those I ended up with the third one. I firmly believe in the advice: If at first you don't succeed try and try again, then quit. There's no point in making a damned fool of yourself.  

• Haha 2