Chapala.com Webboard

The NYT takes the CDC to the woodshed over masks

Mainecoons

Knowing that so many of you find this source credible I thought you'd find this very interesting.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/05/11/briefing/outdoor-covid-transmission-cdc-number.html

And here from a source most of you hate is a pretty detailed discussion of the NYT piece.  If you just can't handle other points of view you should skip this one.

https://www.theblaze.com/op-ed/horowitz-nyt-catches-cdc-in-gravely-consequential-lie-about-outdoor-transmission

Surprise, surprise.  For the most part those face diapers are not necessary outside.  Of course sources many here don't like have been saying this for some time but, hey, whatever it takes to start puncturing this face diaper nonsense...

• Confused 1
  • Sad 4

25 minutes ago, Mainecoons said:

And here from a source most of you hate is a pretty detailed discussion of the NYT piece.  If you just can't handle other points of view you should skip this one.

https://www.theblaze.com/op-ed/horowitz-nyt-catches-cdc-in-gravely-consequential-lie-about-outdoor-transmission

Surprise, surprise.  For the most part those face diapers are not necessary outside.  Of course sources many here don't like have been saying this for some time but, hey, whatever it takes to start puncturing this face diaper nonsense...

Hey, but thanks for pre-judging everyone anyway.

• Like 3

I quit reading when I saw, "There is not a single documented Covid infection anywhere in the world from casual outdoor interactions, such as walking past someone on a street or eating at a nearby table."

Why anyone, much less a news publication, would use this absurd statement to justify anything is beyond me.  It's not documented because it neigh impossible to document where anyone actually GOT the virus... at least not in any numbers that could possibly be used as a reference point.  But we'll use that statement and hope that no one actually thinks about how misleading it is.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

What is interesting is that the DCD admits that while they were saying the risk was less than 10% (which was true) their studies showed it was actually less than 1% and possibly as low as .1% 

The question is... why they  give false or misleading information in their public postings? 

4 hours ago, Mostlylost said:

What is interesting is that the DCD admits that while they were saying the risk was less than 10% (which was true) their studies showed it was actually less than 1% and possibly as low as .1% 

The question is... why they  give false or misleading information in their public postings? 

there is an agenda-

What I can tell you is there many players--as a cog in a wheel -if I get  specific I will just be called a "C T ".  I question authority and that has saved me a lot of grief in my life.  As this "covid" fraud unravels we will see the players . Many people trusted but did not verify and for some it has cost them their lives.

11 minutes ago, bobby brown said:

What I can tell you is there many players--as a cog in a wheel -if I get  specific I will just be called a "C T ".  I question authority and that has saved me a lot of grief in my life.  As this "covid" fraud unravels we will see the players . Many people trusted but did not verify and for some it has cost them their lives.

Another very vague, troll-like reply.  I give up.🙃

Obviously, there are differing points of view on the right way to deal with this plague, and some are spending a lot of time finding authorities to back them up.

The way I see it is:  It's not going to harm anyone to wear a mask around others;  not wearing one "could" be harmful to others.  So, no matter who's right, I'll go along with the "official" position and wear the danged thing for the time being. I'm a lot more concerned about other matters, like the completely chaotic way the vaccinations here are being administered.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

People are acting "normal" when they get pissed by an accusation.

Mature adults don't base their beliefs on "feelings", but on logic and factual information.  I respect Dr. Fauchi because of his education and experience.  Ridiculing him is a sorry attempt at one-upmanship. 

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, gringal said:

People are acting "normal" when they get pissed by an accusation.

Mature adults don't base their beliefs on "feelings", but on logic and factual information.  I respect Dr. Fauchi because of his education and experience.  Ridiculing him is a sorry attempt at one-upmanship. 

Did you check into this clowns past in handling the aids crisis by pulling a political stunt in refusing the close the bath houses in San Francisco. nope I didn't think so.

I don't trust that little rat faced fraud !

I am so glad I made absolutely no mistakes growing up, or in any of my jobs. Oh, except for the 2,000 or so my fauther thought I made, and the numerous mistakes my employers thought I made. Imagine where I would be today if they counted against the rest of my life. Not here, for sure.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, AndyPanda said:

I am so glad I made absolutely no mistakes growing up, or in any of my jobs. Oh, except for the 2,000 or so my fauther thought I made, and the numerous mistakes my employers thought I made. Imagine where I would be today if they counted against the rest of my life. Not here, for sure.

you'd think you would except more from our so-called professionals. oh we are so forgiving for these hacks ! you want to have power over peoples lives?--then one better up his game !

• Haha 1

Fully vaccinated Americans can do away with wearing masks, the head of the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said Thursday in the most significant shift in federal guidelines since the start of the pandemic.

“Anyone who is fully vaccinated can participate in indoor or outdoor activities, large or small, without wearing a mask or physical distancing,” CDC chief Rochelle Walensky said at a White House news briefing. “If you are fully vaccinated, you can start doing the things that you had stopped doing because of the pandemic. We have all longed for this moment when we can get back to some sense of normalcy.”

Walensky didn’t immediately specify any exceptions, but signaled masks are still required in some circumstances, like cross-border travel....

The most recent CDC mask guidance came in late April, when federal health officials said fully vaccinated Americans could drop their masks when exercising, dining and socializing outdoors in small groups, as well as when gathering indoors with other fully vaccinated people.

The CDC considers someone fully vaccinated two weeks after their final dose -- either two weeks after the second dose of vaccines from Moderna Inc. or Pfizer, or two weeks after receiving the single-shot Johnson & Johnson vaccine....

Breaking news.  Being reported in a number of sources.  This is from here:

https://www.newsmax.com/us/cdc-indoor-mask-rules/2021/05/13/id/1021283/