Chapala.com Webboard

Raining in Joco. I don't know which way it is moving as it is very calm but bring your laundry in. The first since January.

Could definitely see this coming today on all the solar monitoring systems in the area and the ajijicweather.com solar / UV index:   (a good sun day is a nice smooth bell curve)

vws752.jpg

• Like 1

I only got 2/100 of an inch on my automated rain gear so I went to the roof and poured some water in and dirty water came out so maybe its a good idea to clean your tipper type rain gauge before the rainy season.  I know it rained much more than 2/100. If I had the problem I bet other also have problem.

Mudgirl, I don't know how the weather is on the coast where you live, but for those of us that live on Lake Chapala, the first rains are truly a marvelously exciting and refreshing time to be at Lakeside.  Remember that the last time we had a real rain it was around the first week of October of last year.  Between then and now we've only had just a few light sprinkles here and there that you count on one hand.  So yes, rain makes for an exciting conversation at the Lake.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mudgirl said:

It rained.

I heard sirens.

I passed an accident, anyone know what happened?

I heard a cicada.

Any newbie reading this forum might think retired ex-pats have nothing to do all day 🙂

Any newbie reading this forum might think you are the one that has nothing to do but comment on others posts    smile 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, dichosalocura said:

So yes, rain makes for an exciting conversation at the Lake.

You just proved my point, but I was just joking around. Don't take yourself so seriously.

It's the same here on the coast- there's the dry season and the rainy season. Quite dry and dusty right now, and the rain is always welcome, but seeing as it's a normal fact of life here, an "exciting topic of conversation", it isn't. 

• Sad 2

I may be a newbie in Lakeside.
But not a newbie on neighborhood social networking.
It’s a VERY normal community social conversation.

These are normal somewhere else too:
* Lost chicken, pig, etc.
* Porch pirates
* Someone taking photos of my house
* Someone parking in front of my mailbox
* Someone knocking at my door
* Heard gunshots?!

• Like 1