Chapala.com Webboard

Jalisco Drivers License renewal.

I used to always renew my Jalisco Drivers license on my own. It was quite simple to do, and probably still is.  But as I get older and older, the process seems to be getting more and more difficult, (it's not) and I would like to find someone or some agency in or near Ajijic that will provide me (this old man) help, you know make copies of my bills, CURP and PERMANENTE card and walk me through the process  of renewal.

Any recommendations? My drivers license is about to expire.

Thanks in advance for your recommendations

The side window in Chapala will audit your papers and make copies that are needed. There is an English speaking clerk. Other than that, just show up with your appointment slip and paid receipt. You will be out in 20 minutes with the license.

Make your appointment

https://citas.jalisco.gob.mx/transporte/client/locationList

Then go to the Recaudadora and pay your fee. $755 regular ....ask for discount for old age (if you have an INAPAM card take it)

Go to your appointment with 

Old license

CURP

Passport & b&w copy of picture page

Resident card and b&w copy

Proof of residence & b&w copy  (if Telmex bill every page)

Receipt for your payment

You are fortunate that we can now renew our license here in Chapala.  I have gone to Guad. for my past two renewals.

I always go to the Recaudadora and pay before I go for my license. You can do this several days in advance.  It is still good. You get a significant discount if you have your senior citizen card.  Make two copies (FRONT AND BACK) of your current license and your senior card.

You will need a copy of your immigration card and original, copy and original of passport, proof of address (all pages).  Be sure to copy only in black and white and both sides.

3 hours ago, AngusMactavish said:

The side window in Chapala will audit your papers and make copies that are needed. There is an English speaking clerk. Other than that, just show up with your appointment slip and paid receipt. You will be out in 20 minutes with the license.

Where in Chapala is the side window?  

Where do I pay?

How do I get an appointment?

Yes, I'm getting old.

9 minutes ago, johanson said:

Where do I pay?

Yes, I'm getting old.

Make your appointment

Then go to the Recaudadora and pay your fee. $755 regular ....ask for discount for old age (if you have an INAPAM card take it)

Recaudadora  Calle Degollado 217, Chapala Centro, 45900 Chapala, Jal.

Go to your appointment  at SECRETARIA DE TRANSPORTE MODULO DE LICENCIAS CHAPALA Paseo Ramón Corona s/n, La Cristianía, 45900 Chapala, Jal.

with your:

Old license

CURP

Passport & b&w copy of picture page

Resident card and b&w copy

Receipt for your payment

12 minutes ago, johanson said:

Where do I pay?

Yes, I'm getting old.

You can both make an appointment and pay online at the same site if you aren't concerned about getting the discount.  

Was there by appointment this morning. They had  computer problems and so the process was very slow, just under two hours, most of it standing in line. I’ve done it myself years back at the old Chapala office. But the years and hearing loss have taken their toll, and being unfamiliar with the new semi complicated paperwork requirements and office procedures I used Luis from Spenser’s office. He did a wonderful job preparing my paperwork and explaining how to work my way through the maze at the tránsito office.

42 minutes ago, losgatos said:

Was there by appointment this morning. They had  computer problems and so the process was very slow, just under two hours, most of it standing in line. I’ve done it myself years back at the old Chapala office. But the years and hearing loss have taken their toll, and being unfamiliar with the new semi complicated paperwork requirements and office procedures I used Luis from Spenser’s office. He did a wonderful job preparing my paperwork and explaining how to work my way through the maze at the tránsito office.

Just curious    What paperwork is new and complicated, and what changed in office procedures since you last renewed?

21 hours ago, Mostlylost said:

Just curious    What paperwork is new and complicated, and what changed in office procedures since you last renewed?

I did it myself 8 years ago here in Chapala when It was one big room, with lots of signage in English spelling out procedures. That office was closed up years ago. I went to Guadalajara 4 years ago with an expeditor. The current office here in Chapala is updated Jalisco government bureaucracy at work. It probably is efficient and effective when their computers are working properly. The paperwork requirements are listed above.  Remember to get an appointment on line ahead of time.

On 5/10/2021 at 2:03 PM, Floradude said:

You are fortunate that we can now renew our license here in Chapala.  I have gone to Guad. for my past two renewals.

I always go to the Recaudadora and pay before I go for my license. You can do this several days in advance.  It is still good. You get a significant discount if you have your senior citizen card.  Make two copies (FRONT AND BACK) of your current license and your senior card.

You will need a copy of your immigration card and original, copy and original of passport, proof of address (all pages).  Be sure to copy only in black and white and both sides.

What and where is the Recaudadora for License payment as well as the "side window"

5 minutes ago, geeser said:

What and where is the Recaudadora for License payment as well as the "side window"

It is the state's money collector and is located: https://www.google.com.mx/maps/place/Recaudadora+Estatal/@20.292676,-103.1943255,15z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x842f40badabac0f1:0x3e8eeb8bcbdbec60!8m2!3d20.2903633!4d-103.1863912?hl=en

The "side window" is the building's only window and is on the right side. There the lady will make the copies you need and audit the forms for what is needed. Small cost and well worth it.

Pete,

Be careful to make exact copies and if your Tel-Mex bill you are using says 4 pages at the top, you better have all 4 pages.   They seem to take pleasure in rejecting you for not having exact pages of your copies, along with the required originals.   The were very nasty to me and the experience was awful, even though I thought I was pretty prepared.  

It would be nice if they just accepted your expiring license and simply renewed it.   The easiest part was getting the appointment online.  Also, I speak Spanish but found all the clerks there to be  difficult to understand.  And, although one post said the person in the side copy room speaks English, I did not find anyone there who spoke English.

Buena Suerte !

• Like 1

On 5/10/2021 at 12:20 PM, johanson said:

I used to always renew my Jalisco Drivers license on my own. It was quite simple to do, and probably still is.  But as I get older and older, the process seems to be getting more and more difficult, (it's not) and I would like to find someone or some agency in or near Ajijic that will provide me (this old man) help, you know make copies of my bills, CURP and PERMANENTE card and walk me through the process  of renewal.

Any recommendations? My drivers license is about to expire.

Thanks in advance for your recommendations

Adriana Perez 331 1721724 can help you with all of it.

2 hours ago, cedros said:

Adriana Perez 331 1721724 can help you with all of it.

Thanks all for your help. Coincidently I ended up taking all of my paperwork to Adriana Perez and she has scheduled an appointment for me early next week and will be driving me to Chapala to renew my Drivers License.

2 hours ago, johanson said:

Thanks all for your help. Coincidently I ended up taking all of my paperwork to Adriana Perez and she has scheduled an appointment for me early next week and will be driving me to Chapala to renew my Drivers License.

You are in capable hands

12 hours ago, johanson said:

Pete, I can´t believe that as long as you have lived here and speak Spanish reasonably well, that you needed anyone to help you get a driver´s license.

You spent too long in Seattle my friend, or got the wrong vaccine while up there.  😀 LOL 😀

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, johanson said:

You are so right. I just do not know my way around Chapala and I find it easier to get someone whom I respect to take me there and to ensure that I have everything done correctly.

No need to explain or apologize for how you choose to get things done. It is no one else’s business. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

9 hours ago, Xena said:

No need to explain or apologize for how you choose to get things done. It is no one else’s business. 

Sorry Xena, but Pete and I have been making each "other´s business", our business for a long time, and I´m sure Pete would tell you the same thing.  You should overhear some of the conversations we have, and have had over the past 20 some years we have known each other well.

To me he is obligated to explain.....😀 LOL 😀

• 1 year later...
2 hours ago, donnie said:

Does anyone know if the office has reopened....was closed as of nov 29..also where can I pay the fee

Odd it was closed on the 29th. It closes at 3PM Monday through Friday. They show appointments available tomorrow 

Did you make an appointment? 

https://citastransporte.jalisco.gob.mx/transporte/client/locationList

Go to your appointment  at SECRETARIA DE TRANSPORTE MODULO DE LICENCIAS CHAPALA Paseo Ramón Corona s/n, La Cristianía, 45900 Chapala, Jal.

with your:

Old license

CURP

Passport & b&w copy of picture page Or if you are Mexican your INE and B&W copy

Resident card and b&w copy  (N/A Mexican citizens)

Receipt for your payment

You pay at the recaudadora on Degollago in Chapala ask for discount for old age (if you have an INAPAM card take it)

https://www.google.com.mx/maps/place/Recaudadora+Estatal/@20.292676,-103.1943255,15z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x842f40badabac0f1:0x3e8eeb8bcbdbec60!8m2!3d20.2904682!4d-103.1867619?hl=en

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Thanks for the details, have appointment set up for this week. Anyone know what the discount with an INAPAM card is so I can determine if it's easier to pay the fee online (without the discount) or is it worthwhile to pay in person and use the discount.

As always, thanks for the help.

Val Jones :)