Chapala.com Webboard

Water Shortage Issues

I believe water shortages to be the number 1 problem Lakeside in the future.  As more and more well's are drilled the water table keeps receding.  I understand Guadalajara owns the lake water rights but is not using the water at the moment.  Sooner or later the pueblos are going to need this water.  You state you want to live in development but in case of water shortage they may be in for a problem.  If you live in a pueblo, I think the government will be forced to take care  of you and water from lake will be accessed.  If you live in a development they may or may not help you. I chose to live in a pueblo and have ready walking distance access to virtually everything.  Most all the developments you need a car and as you have read, traffic is terrible here.  Weather is great here and the Mexican's are helpful and friendly.  I think most people will welcome you with the exception of a few cranky people on this board.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

19 hours ago, Charlene said:

Yes I have visited, no need to be snarky. If you have nothing better to do than to make assumptions about people you don't know, go find some friends. 

If you have nothing better to do then ask questions and fight on the web-board, get off your a** and do your research in person.    Or call an agent.     

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

53 minutes ago, virgo lady said:

If you have nothing better to do then ask questions and fight on the web-board, get off your a** and do your research in person.    Or call an agent.     

As previously mentioned I have done research in person and plan on returning to do more and I have an agent who has answered a lot of questions, but like others have posted, a real estate agent is still a salesperson and they won't tell you the good, bad, and ugly. Just trying to do as much as I can from home as well, and it seems you don't appreciate that. If you cannot be non-judgemental, then don't post anything because your judging of people you don't know is hurtful. I've received plenty of useful answers from other posters without them judging me. 

Thread and OP thoroughly discussed. 

Warning issued to Virgo lady for being snarky and unhelpful.

Charlene it is always better to ignore posters who want to be unpleasant and unhelpful.  If it really gets out of hand report it to a moderator and we will deal with it.

Thread closed.

• Like 1