Chapala.com Webboard

Samsung flip cell phone

Looking at a new Samsung phone. Their flip phone is a suitable size for me. Luis at Benno Computers said remember the Motorola flip one ( I don't remember it) inferring that there were problems with it.

I found problems and questions. It is a work in progress. No store I visited had them on display.

We swore off samsung phones after my wife's exploded and burned large hole in hotel carpet.  We were lucky she had placed it on a table prior to explosion.  This was  3 years ago.

9 minutes ago, rafterbr said:

We swore off samsung phones after my wife's exploded and burned large hole in hotel carpet.  We were lucky she had placed it on a table prior to explosion.  This was  3 years ago.

Yikes!

44 minutes ago, rafterbr said:

Of course they sold 200 million other ones last year alone... actually 2019....that did not do this.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

32 minutes ago, virgo lady said:

It's a cell phone, not a major life commitment.    Just pick one that fits your hand, eye, and budget and buy it.      Seriously.

I am more particular than that.

• Confused 2

13 hours ago, virgo lady said:

It's a cell phone, not a major life commitment.    Just pick one that fits your hand, eye, and budget and buy it.      Seriously.

It is a major commitment for me. All the options should be looked at seriously. Good GPS for driving is important for me.

Fine. Expensive comes packed with a lot of stuff you may not need or want. I am still using an S4 Samsung bought second hand from a friend for 1,000 pesos. It does everything I want... phone calls/messages via messenger or whatsapp/ take photos/e-mail. I use my laptop for other things computerized. 

How you spend your money is your business.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, addtocart said:

Whichever one you choose will be "outdated" in a couple of years.

Yes

My flipper is a TECH4U which are made in Mexico and have service contact in Mexico City. works just fine for what I want from a cell phone,sending and receiving calls plus storage of regular #'s to call. Even fits in a small shirt pocket. I don't want or need no stinkin' smart phone,I'm too dumb.

57 minutes ago, virgo lady said:

Then go do your homework and stop asking here about it.    It is not a lakeside topic anyway.

I am doing my homewwork partly here where there are real people. Who are you to say it is not a lakeside topic? It obviouly is.

Virgo you can sure tell that you are a newbie or ? here. Over the years almost every subject except crime has been discussed here. There are moderators here. We don't need a narrow minded bigot telling us what can be posted. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, virgo lady said:

Then go do your homework and stop asking here about it.    It is not a lakeside topic anyway.

You don't get to decide what is a Lakeside topic. You would not last long as a moderator.

• Like 1