Chapala.com Webboard

SECOND DOSE SINOVAC FOR LAKESIDE COULD START AS EARLY AS SATURDAY

Isaac Trejo, the interim Presidente Municipal, just did an interview and said the following (I summarize):

• He anticipates the second-dose Sinovac for seniors to start here any day. The day the municipality is given the go-ahead is the day vaccinations start. That could be, he says, Saturday, Sunday, Monday…
• This round is for second-dose seniors only. If you did not get the first Sinovac shot in this municipality (either in Ajijic or at the Parque de la Cristianía in Chapala) you aren’t eligible for this round.
• This round will only be at Parque de la Cristianía. (Not, I guess, at the Malecón in Ajijic)
• This round will be alpha order only; the last name order will be followed.

Here's the link to the interview I watched this afternoon: https://www.facebook.com/lavozdelariberadechapala/videos/746512745985042

-------------------------------------------
As y’all know, things change quickly and it doesn’t mean that they won’t make changes, as they have in the previous round; however, for now, please plan on having almost no notice to be ready to get thyself to the Parque de la Cristianía on the day your last name is scheduled.

Also, bring all your previous docs as well as the first-round shot confirmation. LOOK AT THAT CONFIRMATION and see what they have as your last name.
When I worked registration, many of the Spanish-only registrars were having a difficult time conforming to our single last name. I saw “Betty Lou Smith” being assigned “Lou” as the paternal (first) last name. If that is the case on your document, I’d plan on going on the day assigned to your first last name, then ask about getting your document amended.

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, jrod said:

Also, bring all your previous docs as well as the first-round shot confirmation. LOOK AT THAT CONFIRMATION and see what they have as your last name.

There is a clear difference on the 1st dose document between "Nombres" (eg Mary Kae) , PRIMER appelido, (eg Jones)  and Segundo appelido. (second last name)

Only space filled in mine is Primer appelido, bemuse of course, don't have a second one. Even if a NOB person has a hyphenated last name, or bears two last names, I assume they would still go by the PRIMER appelido section.  Hard to see how "Betty Lou" could be confused when looking at that document.

Still excellent advice jrod, and everyone should be checking their stuff asap.

This reply from Fred Habacht taken from another post (re: Jocotepec) that MIGHT help us here:

Every letter of the alphabet was allowed each day that the vacunas were given...you merely stood on the lines that listed your first initial of your last name...ie ABC or HIJ etc. I was with numerous senior USA and Canadian people and NONE were turned away if you had the paperwork that been requested...you did have to show the receipt for your first shot to be able to be given the second shot.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Natasha said:

There is a clear difference on the 1st dose document between "Nombres" (eg Mary Kae) , PRIMER appelido, (eg Jones)  and Segundo appelido. (second last name)

Only space filled in mine is Primer appelido, bemuse of course, don't have a second one. Even if a NOB person has a hyphenated last name, or bears two last names, I assume they would still go by the PRIMER appelido section.  Hard to see how "Betty Lou" could be confused when looking at that document.

Still excellent advice jrod, and everyone should be checking their stuff asap.

What happened with some regularity at the registrar tables wass that the names on the comprobantes were picked up from the person's CURP. There, Betty Lou Smith MAY have been picked up as Betty (Nombre) Lou (Apellido 1) and Smith (Apellido 2).  Just review and go when slated.

I get that jrod.   Guess I'd forgotten that for MANY years, especially when going to IMSS appts., they would invariably call out the wrong name..... and I might not realize I was the person being called!  Most often  was my second name, followed by my last name..... not sure it they meant that to be 2 last names or ???  My given first name mostly didn't appear at all. So I took to putting a LARGE note in my booklet, and telling whomever was making the next appt., how my name worked.   And that taught me with all other documents, etc. along the way.

Isaac hasn't received a date yet because there isn't one. He told me he is tired of being asked the same question daily, so he gave a generic answer. could be any day 

The Jalisco website is now showing Saturday information.

If the second shot here follows what has happened everywhere else notice will go out on Sunday or Monday and the schedule will be Tuesday -Friday.

https://www.jalisco.gob.mx/es/gobierno/comunicados/vacunacion-en-jalisco

Since Monday May 10 is Mother's Day in Mexico I kind of think Tuesday makes a lot of sense.  Mother's Day here is  right up there on a par with most important days of the year, and doubt too many volunteers would be extra-happy to start that day......,non-stat or not.....

And since  ONLY Cristiania park, as far as we know, will be used...... might be 5 days this time?

6 hours ago, Mostlylost said:

Isaac hasn't received a date yet because there isn't one. He told me he is tired of being asked the same question daily, so he gave a generic answer. could be any day

A rather contrite, self-absorbed comment from a man in his position. Maybe we are all tired of asking it.

6 hours ago, AndyPanda said:

A rather contrite, self-absorbed comment from a man in his position. Maybe we are all tired of asking it.

You obviously are not Mexican.  It could be any day.  What would you have him say?  He has no control over it. It is a state & federal function. 

If you are tired of asking then stop asking.

Hey mom are we there yet? Not yet but soon. Hey mom how much longer? Soon. But when mom? Could be anytime.

35 minutes ago, AndyPanda said:

He;s supposed to be doing his job.  

And what the hell does being Mexican or not have to do with anything?

First he is doing his job. His job is not managing jobs of the federal and state government. He did not complain in pubic. He is far to polite to do that.

Second if you were Mexican you would know the cultural differences including civility and politeness and the way a Mexican answers a question when they do not know the answer. 

The statement posted as in an interview was 100% correct  

He anticipates the second-dose Sinovac for seniors to start here any day. 

He did not say as early as Saturday. The OP said that.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Mostlylost said:

First he is doing his job. His job is not managing jobs of the federal and state government. He did not complain in pubic. He is far to polite to do that.

Second if you were Mexican you would know the cultural differences including civility and politeness and the way a Mexican answers a question when they do not know the answer. 

First, then you should have kept your mouth shut, as far as I am concerned. It wasn't your place to repeat it.

Second, you keep claiming you are Mexican and that somehow makes you superior, yet a large number of your answers are laced with this racial micro aggression, which blames anyone who is not you for not understanding the culture, which is childish and self-aggrandizing. I assure you, most of us do indeed understand, and even appreciate, the culture.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, AndyPanda said:

First, then you should have kept your mouth shut, as far as I am concerned. It wasn't your place to repeat it.

Second, you keep claiming you are Mexican and that somehow makes you superior, yet a large number of your answers are laced with this racial micro aggression, which blames anyone who is not you for not understanding the culture, which is childish and self-aggrandizing. I assure you, most of us do indeed understand, and even appreciate, the culture.

You asked what being Mexican had to do with it and I answered.

Because you don't like the answer you start with personal attacks. Great.  When logic fails call someone racist and call them names.  

• Thanks 4

Yes I am in 100% agreement with you. Your statement does speak for itself.

It is loving praise to say that someone has morally superior attitude and is self-aggrandizing , childish, and uses racial micro aggression .

I am so sorry that I thought those words a personal attack, and basically calling me racist was as well. 

Now I can see I was very wrong, and fact it was loving praise.  Peace be with you, now that you don't care. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Mostlylost said:

Actually, I didn't say that. Forward to 1.33 in the audio; Trejo DOES say perhaps as early as Saturday or Sunday. "...puede ser el sábado, o domingo...."  

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, jrod said:

Actually, I didn't say that. Forward to 1.33 in the audio; Trejo DOES say perhaps as early as Saturday or Sunday. "...puede ser el sábado, o domingo...."  

Sorry I stand corrected. You are exactly right.

He did say  "it could be"     as early as tomorrow,  Saturday, Sunday , or Monday.    We do know that "it could be" didn't happen.   

When it is actually announced by those in charge at the state level it will be published here. 

https://www.jalisco.gob.mx/es/gobierno/comunicados/vacunacion-en-jalisco