Chapala.com Webboard

Does anyone have a rolling walker with seat

I know Julie and Wayne, the yard sale folks, sent out an email about a few wheelchair/scooter options they have available yesterday evening. 

I recently purchased a walker. It really builds up a set of muscles you haven't used before. Be aware they are built different heights and most have weight restricions ( 300 lbs max). Sold the truck, have lots of drivers, will have to see how this works out.

37 minutes ago, CHILLIN said:

I recently purchased a walker. It really builds up a set of muscles you haven't used before. Be aware they are built different heights and most have weight restricions ( 300 lbs max). Sold the truck, have lots of drivers, will have to see how this works out.

I had to use one after hip replacement.... and learned from my surgeon how to do it correctly. You have to stand up straight, look ahead, and NOT have the apparatus ahead of you.    You should be right in the middle of the "U" so no pressure is going to places it should not. He "taught" me by watching me walk down the inner corridor in his office, coming up behind me and delivering a sharp karate chop between my shoulder blades until I did it right. Kind up made me mad at the time, but soon learned he was OH so right!

And any good one has a height adjustment , at least on the front end.  I have used more than one, and the offer in Ibarra's post would be excellent for most people. Of course I don't know how big you are (I'm not) but hope this helps.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Natasha is absolutely correct in advising that you walk in a normal, upright manner. The walker's grips should be loosely held at either side of you, and for security more than for support. When you tire; set the brakes and sit for awhile.  I like mine better than a cane, and a wheelchair is too heavy to transport easily.

• Like 3