Chapala.com Webboard

Vaccination Success

So, the posts refer to what's available in the U.S. for those who can travel there.  Got it.  My problem is that I signed up in March for the "home visit".  That never happened, and the program seems to have disappeared.  Can't stand in the lines or travel.  Now the first shot isn't available anywhere close. (Can't go to Guad.) What to do?  Nothing, from the looks of things, until the shots are available to labs and docs.  Am I correct or missing something?

34 minutes ago, John Shrall said:

CVS has all 3 varieties readily available throughout the city as well as close to the airport. The J&J vaccine is available at many locations for those wanting the single shot. Schedule on their web site.

CVS, Walmart, Walgreens, and many more locations are available. For CVS you will need a VPN to access their website. Walgreens no problem, Walmart you will get walmmart mx scroll down to bottom left of page and click on Walmart US 

7 minutes ago, TelsZ4 said:

Anyone know for sure if they are giving the vaccine to Canadians in San Antonio TX or anywhere else in TX ?

In Texas it doesn't matter where you are from.  All you need is a picture ID. Mexican passports no problem. Canadian passports no problem. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, TelsZ4 said:

Anyone know for sure if they are giving the vaccine to Canadians in San Antonio TX or anywhere else in TX ?

All 4 border states are giving vaccinations to anyone who crosses the border and wants to receive the vaccine.  We have friends that flew from GDL to L.A. 3 weeks ago and the day after arriving they received their 1st shot of Pfizer.  They stayed 5 days and returned to Ajijic.  They left again on Monday of this week and yesterday received their 2nd Pfizer vaccination.  They'll return here on Saturday.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gringal said:

So, the posts refer to what's available in the U.S. for those who can travel there.  Got it.  My problem is that I signed up in March for the "home visit".  That never happened, and the program seems to have disappeared.  Can't stand in the lines or travel.  Now the first shot isn't available anywhere close. (Can't go to Guad.) What to do?  Nothing, from the looks of things, until the shots are available to labs and docs.  Am I correct or missing something?

I heard from one of the Servidores that first shot of Sinovac will be available this month at El Chante. A guy looking for the same in Ajijic was told soon there. But are you waiting for a differeent vaccine?

14 minutes ago, cedros said:

I heard from one of the Servidores that first shot of Sinovac will be available this month at El Chante. A guy looking for the same in Ajijic was told soon there. But are you waiting for a differeent vaccine?

My concern is that the jabs will be for 50 - 59 year olds and that the whole loooong line thing will start all over, and that they may not take over 60 folks. We'll take a cab to Guad if they offer jabs for laggerds again.

1 hour ago, MtnMama said:

My concern is that the jabs will be for 50 - 59 year olds and that the whole loooong line thing will start all over, and that they may not take over 60 folks. We'll take a cab to Guad if they offer jabs for laggerds again.

Who knows what they will do? I asked the servidor specificallay about my 90 year old neighbour (whose car was blocking the entrance to El Chante at the last round of vaccines) who wants the first vaccine of Sinovac and the servidor replied about Mid May they will be doing that at El Chante.

Hopefully this will not be taken as a condemnation of a culture, but.....  I have found that many Mexican Nationals do NOT want to 'displease you' with a negative or 'I don't know' answer so they will give one the answer that they think they want to hear or that will please them. 

Otherwise I suspect getting ANY reliable answers on the Covid vaccination scene Lakeside is a shot in the dark. Recent results will bear this out.

It didn't take me long to learn to never ask a Mexican for directions...saying "I don't know" seems to be verboten. Rarely did the directions work, and no, not because I couldn't understand them. I had our cook and one of her sons in the car and we were looking for a specific dentist's office in Chapala. She did the asking and 3 times we got wrong directions. After that, no mas.