Chapala.com Webboard

No Electric in Ajijic?

6 minutes ago, mudgirl said:

I can never quite figure out why people post on a webboard to find out if others in their area also have no electric. All you have to do is take a walk down the block to see if anyone else's meters are moving, or are all off.

It helps CFE to get a picture of the extent of the outage if everyone reports it (very easy on their phone app).  A CFE repairman told me it is important to do this, and also to call them again if the power is not restored in 2 hours.  We once waited 9 hours after calling in a repair and when we heard the truck we went outside and that's when the CFE repairman said, "What?  You only called once???"

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mudgirl said:

I can never quite figure out why people post on a webboard to find out if others in their area also have no electric. All you have to do is take a walk down the block to see if anyone else's meters are moving, or are all off.

That is not how CFE works.  Our grid includes Independencia & Aquilles Serdan but not Juarez which is the next block north or Independencia east.  It is all computerized.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, fishcake said:

2 hours ago, fishcake said:

That is not how CFE works.  Our grid includes Independencia & Aquilles Serdan but not Juarez which is the next block north or Independencia east.  It is all computerized.

Yes, I realize that checking the meters of neighbors doesn't tell you the extent of the outage, but it does tell you whether something is wonky at your house, or whether others also don't have juice. And if everyone on your block calls to report it, that will get CFE to take a look, without people a few blocks away on the same grid also calling. Although of course everyone who is affected should call.

7 hours ago, mudgirl said:

I can't believe that you  are making this suggestion,  maybe call a neighbor with you cell phone would be  easier? 

29 minutes ago, lakeside7 said:

I can't believe that you  are making this suggestion,  maybe call a neighbor with you cell phone would be  easier? 

And I can't believe you would consider taking a 5 minute stroll to check a few meters near you to be something arduous, unless you have mobility issues. Not everyone has relationships with their immediate neighbors and would have their phone numbers. And even if I did have their number, why would I disturb them with a phone call when I could just walk out to the street and check for myself?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, mudgirl said:

And I can't believe you would consider taking a 5 minute stroll to check a few meters near you to be something arduous, unless you have mobility issues. Not everyone has relationships with their immediate neighbors and would have their phone numbers. And even if I did have their number, why would I disturb them with a phone call when I could just walk out to the street and check for myself?

Your answer would seem that you have more problems than no power?But wait you did not have the power loss, so please  take the word YOU from  my observation. 

However I .find it strange that people who choose to live in total  "isolation" of their neighbors weird ,  not having one buddy in times of emergency can be dangerous . Also people  who  seem to be defensive are weird. IMO

• Sad 1

One year my abentee neighbour's  (lives in Guadalajara) meter was spinning like crazy. They were so happy I reported it. to them.

4 hours ago, lakeside7 said:

However I .find it strange that people who choose to live in total  "isolation" of their neighbors weird ,  not having one buddy in times of emergency can be dangerous . 

Well, that isn't true in my case- I know my neighbors, and am quite friendly with them. And I am sure that many people don't have their immediate neighbors' phone numbers, but that certainly doesn't mean they live in "total isolation" and have no one close by they could call in an emergency.

But I wouldn't bother calling to see if my neighbors had electricity when I can just walk out my gate and see if their meters are spinning.

You only have to look at number of posts certain posters make. Is there a prize for the person who posts the most, or maybe one for the person who makes the most number of useless posts...

Watch out for the next one “It’s raining Ajijic centro anywhere else ?”

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

32 minutes ago, TelsZ4 said:

You only have to look at number of posts certain posters make. Is there a prize for the person who posts the most, or maybe one for the person who makes the most number of useless posts...

Watch out for the next one “It’s raining Ajijic centro anywhere else ?”

From you:

"There are lots of Canadians driving across the border into Laredo TX",...........hmmmm

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Whipstock said:

From you:

"There are lots of Canadians driving across the border into Laredo TX",...........hmmmm

Thank you, Whipstock. It appears that “useless” is also in the eye of the beholder.