Chapala.com Webboard

Feedback on Arturo - Plumber

Got his information from this Board.  This is my experience. We had an appointment. Never showed. Never called.  I called him the next day. Made some excuse about an emergency, so I said, ""well, you have a phone to call if you cannot make it".  His response was "do you want to call me?"  He obviously does not need the work.

I just made appointment with someone else.

We have used Arturo for at least 5 years. He is in great demand, and if an emergency will handle those first.

We have never been disappointed, and my goodness he never pads his charges, or takes advantage of us in anyway... completely trustworthy..

So honest. 

He let us know he was backed up with work, and we simply (if it's not urgent) tell him to just let us know when he can come by.

He has never forgotten us with that type of request.  

Yeah the guy is in demand, but he is so good

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mudgirl said:

Skilled and honest, therefore in demand and busy is fine. No show for an appointment without the courtesy of a 1 minute phone call to say you can't make it, isn't.

Exactly.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I've been using Arturo for over 15 years.  Never disappointed, always on time and usually early.  In my opinion, the only plumber Lakeside after going through a half dozen so called "plomeros".

Never been a no show.  Wonder if he might not be put off by pushy, rude Gringos?

• Like 2

9 hours ago, pedro malo said:

I've been using Arturo for over 15 years.  Never disappointed, always on time and usually early.  In my opinion, the only plumber Lakeside after going through a half dozen so called "plomeros".

Never been a no show.  Wonder if he might not be put off by pushy, rude Gringos?

Probably, but when you're friendly, polite and simply expect him to do the job he promised and it's half-assed, well...that sort of shoots that theory. I'd love to be more specific about just how bad something was, but this is a small community...

Plumbing and electrical are not the best talents of Mexican tradespeople IMO.  I've found a little oversight and a few polite suggestions goes a long way to getting a good job.  For the most part I do these jobs myself, I have the tools and the experience.  I recently had Arturo replace my solar pool panels.  Worked with STI (Go Solar) and Arturo on this.  I worked together with Arturo throughout the job and between us it turned out great.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mainecoons said:

Plumbing and electrical are not the best talents of Mexican tradespeople IMO.  I've found a little oversight and a few polite suggestions goes a long way to getting a good job.  For the most part I do these jobs myself, I have the tools and the experience.  I recently had Arturo replace my solar pool panels.  Worked with STI (Go Solar) and Arturo on this.  I worked together with Arturo throughout the job and between us it turned out great.

I have to agree with this.

12 hours ago, pedro malo said:

Of course, anyone would be put off regardless of nationality. 

Frankly, I don't understand the reported behavior.  I've never seen it in 15 years.  He has never failed us.   But then we love him and feed him every time we've needed his services!

2 hours ago, pedro malo said:

Frankly, I don't understand the reported behavior.  I've never seen it in 15 years.  He has never failed us.   But then we love him and feed him every time we've needed his services!

To report the end of the story, through a series of events with other plumbers, I called him again and he did come by and fix the problem correctly and was reliable, so I think it's just one of those times when people just screw up and it is not there normal way of being.

9 minutes ago, Zeb said:

To report the end of the story, through a series of events with other plumbers, I called him again and he did come by and fix the problem correctly and was reliable, so I think it's just one of those times when people just screw up and it is not there normal way of being.

Yet you chose to post a VERY negative review before you called him back.  A decent poster would delete this thread as many will just read your original post and think the worst of this person.  

Many who read your original post at the beginning of this month will never return to this thread, thereby only knowing your negative comments.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I had not called him back when I posted that and, at that time, had no intention of doing so.  Some time passed before I decided to call him again.

Also, I am not sure I know how to delete a post.  I remember, I used to be able to make corrections, but I think that feature is no longer available.  The negative part that I wrote was factual.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Zeb said:

I had not called him back when I posted that and, at that time, had no intention of doing so.  Some time passed before I decided to call him again.

Also, I am not sure I know how to delete a post.  I remember, I used to be able to make corrections, but I think that feature is no longer available.  The negative part that I wrote was factual.

To delete the thread, go to top of thread.  Look at Tab marked Moderator Actions just above the first post (to right).  Hit it, you'll get option of DELETE.  Only posters who started the thread can delete it. 

2 hours ago, Zeb said:

Zeb, I DON’T consider your review as VERY negative and highly doubt you’ve damaged Arturo’s reputation just on your say so.  I know at least 4 local plumbers named Arturo.  It’s all good.  Glad you got your problem sorted.  

14 minutes ago, Dostortas said:

Zeb, I DON’T consider your review as VERY negative and highly doubt you’ve damaged Arturo’s reputation just on your say so.  I know at least 4 local plumbers named Arturo.  It’s all good.  Glad you got your problem sorted.  

Thank you for that.  It was not even a review or an opinion.  It was just a description of what happened and how he handled it.  He was in fact a now show and did handle the phone call exactly as I stated.  I was very polite with him and hugely disappointed at the time considering all the comments about him on the board.  Actually, I don't think I will delete anything because it is what happened and I did take the time to then continue to explain how it turned out.  Workers do screw up and this one one time when he did.  I still think a phone to say he could not come or an apology later would have been polite.

• Like 2

Again, this is why I don't recommend workers to people I don't know.  Too many gringos here with unrealistic expectations and the need to shoot from the hip and publicly cast aspersions at the drop of a hat.  Adult ADHD, anyone?  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Zeb said:

Sounds like everything OK now so we'll close here.