Chapala.com Webboard

Tires - Best places local

Suggestions on best place to purchase (4) tires for a

CRV -SUV lakeside please. 

Names, locations or phone number of place being recommended please.

New tires only. 

If you found the tires Lakeside were not equivalent of that in Guad, those recommendations would be appreciated as well.

Thank you!

Since the tire shops can get whatever you want from Guadalajara, it seems that your only criteria is price, which will probably require that you make the rounds and ask the question for the specific tires that you want.  The cheapest ones may be from far, far away, and may not last as long as you might like. Installation and balancing will be the same, no matter the tire chosen.  Warranties will sometimes vary by brand.  Service quality and convenience are also variables.

My mechanic, Pepe, at the garage on parallel to the carretera, just past Soriana, got me great 31" AT tires from Guadalajara. They are made by a company in Eastern Europe who is famous for their rubber slippers. They decided to go into the tire business many years ago. They promised a good quality tire at a medium price. They are exactly that. Very popular with the truckers.Good grip, on or off road, and quiet on the highway. Little wear, but still good stopping power on the wet stuff.

Hey Chillin, are you being coy with your 'company in Eastern Europe who is famous for their rubber slippers' remark or do you just not want to cut us in on the name of your good deal tires?

12 minutes ago, RickS said:

Hey Chillin, are you being coy with your 'company in Eastern Europe who is famous for their rubber slippers' remark or do you just not want to cut us in on the name of your good deal tires?

Nope. Just too lazy to limp out to my truck and get the name. Here is Pepes number 376 766 0124. or 331 142 9622. Very busy, high demand. The shop manager, Luis, who speaks good english 376 765 3618. Still best to drive by and poke your head in. They will take care of everything.

4 hours ago, John Shrall said:

Check out Mercadolibre searching for the tire size. I found several choices for a spare tire and rim after mine was stolen. Many sellers offer sets of 4 or in my case just 1.

Agree. I've purchased two sets of tires from ML.  Had them installed at Goodyear on the libramiento