Chapala.com Webboard

Black tea bags

I haven't found a brand of black tea here that doesn't taste like grass. What can you tell me, sputnik?

dendo, the last string of stores on the lake side heading out of Riberas before you get to the open stretch that leads to the little park on the right at the curves.

• Like 1

I bought some large family-size black tea bags for making pitchers of ice tea at El Torito recently.  Essential Everyday brand (US).  Can't remember price but it wasn't gringo priced (I have bought similar in past at Superlake with much higher markup).  Owner is bringing more and more things to El Torito from Walmart, Sam's Club, Costco these days.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bisbee Gal said:

I bought some large family-size black tea bags for making pitchers of ice tea at El Torito recently.  Essential Everyday brand (US).  Can't remember price but it wasn't gringo priced (I have bought similar in past at Superlake with much higher markup).  Owner is bringing more and more things to El Torito from Walmart, Sam's Club, Costco these days.  

Essential Everday is a brand that is turning up more frequently around here. Sort of a no-name product. I asume you mean family-size packages of tea bags, not family-size tea bags.

Just now, AndyPanda said:

Essential Everday is a brand that is turning up more frequently around here. Sort of a no-name product. I asume you mean family-size packages of tea bags, not family-size tea bags.

We all know what happens when one ASSUMES.  

These were indeed family size tea bags.  One bag makes a pitcher of ice tea. 

6 minutes ago, AndyPanda said:

Not sure if the video is not allowed, or if you were posting a photo of the tea itself. In any case, what is the name of this tea, please? Or were you referring to Everyday Essentials?

McCormick Black Tea. The pity is that Red Rose (Canadian blend) is not available here.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, AndyPanda said:

Our tastes certainly differ. I have bought the McCormick stuff. I do no like it at all. But thanks for clarifying.

I appreciate that we all don't have the same tastes to different teas, however this one was the best of a bad bunch. If you can find it Red Swan loose tea is an excellent tea (IMHO). SuperLake sells it at times.