Chapala.com Webboard

AUTO MECHANIC

Can't help you there BUT....I and others always recommend Felipe Morales atAutoCheck in Riberas. Very good English and very good, reliable and honest mechanic. 331-464-2324 Cell or 376-106-2188 Hidalgo #90A immediately west of TeleCable (Wizz).

• Thanks 1

Lalo"   (Everardo Garcia)   San Antonio, on Ramón Corona just west of the street that comes down from carretera  near Sunrise Restaurant. ( Ramón Velasquez)   332 136 7295   Speaks English. Does house calls and will tow your car to him if needed.

Has been a miracle worker for us for one pickup(now gone) and two cars. Also for a friend whose highly trusted mechanic of several years told her "you either need a new motor or a new car".  Lalo diagnosed two critical engine "things" that needed replacing, and including his diagnosing, coming and going to get parts, and doing the work  etc., total cost was $2,000.  He then repaired her a/c when the first guy said  "nothing more we can do".

Yesterday instead of replacing something that was falling to pieces in the undercarriage of our small SUV, he took it apart, put the puzzle together, and put it all as it was. Cost? $150  pesos

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Natasha said:

Lalo"   (Everardo Garcia)   San Antonio, on Ramón Corona just west of the street that comes down from carretera  near Sunrise Restaurant. ( Ramón Velasquez)   332 136 7295   Speaks English. Does house calls and will tow your car to him if needed.                              

Always good to have a backup mechanic in case Felipe is too busy... thanks Natasha!

I used to go to Pablo's until 2 or 3 years ago, and the only reason I stopped was that he got busier and the wait time increased too much (for me).  (Plus, my cars have been running fine and have only needed routine maintenance, which anyone can do.)  He does good work and the prices were fair.  No ripoffs or questionable replacement of parts, etc.