Jump to content
Chapala.com Webboard

HOME VISIT VACCINATION


Recommended Posts

As a senior with mobility problems, I made the arrangement over a month ago to have a home visit vaccination.  I haven't had one or heard anything from them.  Anyone else have such a visit and had their vaccination?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A  friend who is fluent in Spanish did the calling and set it up.  She said that it was fairly complicated, but she is a very competent person who is much younger and still in the working world, so I'm sure she knew what she was doing.  My Spanish is minimal and hearing loss makes the telephone difficult.

I would like to know if anyone on here has had a home visit and been vaccinated as yet?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I believe it was just an idea not thought through and seeing all kinds of people being brought to vaccination centers on TV news who need up to 3 people to carry, push, lift them it appears no home vaccinations are available at this time.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, AlanMexicali said:

I believe it was just an idea not thought through and seeing all kinds of people being brought to vaccination centers on TV news who need up to 3 people to carry, push, lift them it appears no home vaccinations are available at this time.

What are you basing your belief on, please?  When my friend called and did this for me, there was a place set up to receive such requests.  I have read nothing to the contrary so far.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, gringal said:

A  friend who is fluent in Spanish did the calling and set it up.  She said that it was fairly complicated, but she is a very competent person who is much younger and still in the working world, so I'm sure she knew what she was doing.  My Spanish is minimal and hearing loss makes the telephone difficult.

I would like to know if anyone on here has had a home visit and been vaccinated as yet?

Of course now I'm curious: who did the friend call?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My elderly Mexican neighbor had his 1st shot in Ajijic. Now has suffered a catastrophic fall (with fractures) , and will need a home visit for 2nd. A local Mexican nurse I know says she will be able to take his documents once our times are announced and, via "people she knows", will be able to arrange a home visit for him.  Maybe she can help you too?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I wrote my friend who set this up and asked for the information re who she contacted.  She hasn't answered as yet (probably working) but when she does, I'll pass it on here.    (I think Pedro and/or his doctor may be misinformed.)  I asked  my own doctor yesterday and as of now, the shots are not available to private physicians.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, gringal said:

I wrote my friend who set this up and asked for the information re who she contacted.  She hasn't answered as yet (probably working) but when she does, I'll pass it on here.    (I think Pedro and/or his doctor may be misinformed.)  I asked  my own doctor yesterday and as of now, the shots are not available to private physicians.

I am totally skeptical about home visits for the vacc based on discussions with my doc and we are not "misinformed" and have known for a long time that the vaccs of any brand are not available to "private physicians". Those of us with mobility problems can be well served by the vacc facility at the UdG. My doc told me last week to be ready within an hours notice to be taken there for the Phizer vac.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, happyjillin said:

 My doctor couldn't get me a home visit because there is no such thing.

The visit i refer to in NOT through your doctor.  And   since my friend didn't know about going to Ajijic to get his missing 1st dose page (was still ambulatory then) , they phoned him at home and delivered that document to him so don't tell me home visits are a total myth.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, gringal said:

I wrote my friend who set this up and asked for the information re who she contacted.  She hasn't answered as yet (probably working) but when she does, I'll pass it on here.    (I think Pedro and/or his doctor may be misinformed.)  I asked  my own doctor yesterday and as of now, the shots are not available to private physicians.

That's correct.  The person I referred to earlier would arrange this thru' the vacc people  when ours are ready to be done..

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Natasha said:

The visit i refer to in NOT through your doctor.  And   since my friend didn't know about going to Ajijic to get his missing 1st dose page (was still ambulatory then) , they phoned him at home and delivered that document to him so don't tell me home visits are a total myth.

Delivery of a document doesn't have anything to do with getting a vacc at home.   You have mythed[pun intended] the point.

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

As I posted previously, as soon as I receive the information from the person who contacted the "home visit" people, I'll pass it on, here.  Arguing about what's true or not is pointless without more information.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, happyjillin said:

 My doctor couldn't get me a home visit because there is no such thing.

That is the common consensus amongst many. They just didn't include it in any situation. One reason is that the National Guard is counting, delivering, guarding every vaccine in Mexico from theft. No one is able to take any vaccine someplace on their own.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, gringal said:

As I posted previously, as soon as I receive the information from the person who contacted the "home visit" people, I'll pass it on, here.  Arguing about what's true or not is pointless without more information.

No arguing just fact. There is no home vaccination program. Another BS from AMLO to make him look sympathetic. Don't believe what they say, instead watch what they do. IMO

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes, in the very early days of this medical adventure, I was telephoned by a pleasant, Spanish speaking lady who wanted to talk about la vacuna. As far as I understand, which may not be that much, did we require home vaccination or could be travel to the special sites. I replied that we could travel to the sites. Later, I remembered what a zoo that can become in Mexico. No washrooms, huge waits with a lot of line jumpers, no shade, no seatinq, NO THANKS.

So now I am still quaranting. Waiting for the doctors. My doctor charges 1,000 pesos for a house call. Maybe I should get a shingles vaccine and pnemonia vaccine at the same time, also DPT if they still do that. I qualify for a handicapped sticker, maybe I should do that. Or maybe just sell my truck to my foot doctor (who really wants it) and take taxis everywhere.

My 87 year old mother, in a nice assisted living place on Vancouver, has now been quarantined for almost 2 years. Only one preauthorised visitor per week. No one allowed out or in, nice meals, with white tablecloth service, but only 2 per table, for a table designed fo 4 to 6. No excursions, no entertaiment or social events. But not a single Covid, and they have now all had their two shots, and Spring is here.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I juar got an email from my friend.  It contained a link to the site she used in March, but when I attemped to open it, a blank  page appeared with "403 forbidden".  I think we can assume no home visits are going to happen. The usual B.S. 

We are signed up to get the vaccine with the lab on the SAT hospital grounds, so we'll just wait and be cautious until that happens.

So, if you're not in good enough shape to get in the lines, etc., it looks like you will have to rely on being careful in public and keep your fingers and toes crossed.

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, gringal said:

I juar got an email from my friend.  It contained a link to the site she used in March, but when I attemped to open it, a blank  page appeared with "403 forbidden".  I think we can assume no home visits are going to happen. The usual B.S. 

We are signed up to get the vaccine with the lab on the SAT hospital grounds, so we'll just wait and be cautious until that happens.

So, if you're not in good enough shape to get in the lines, etc., it looks like you will have to rely on being careful in public and keep your fingers and toes crossed.

 

or possibly another drive thru clinic at UDG 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, cedros said:

I wonder if they will have more drive thru clinics at UDG

I am wondering the same.  I noticed that the registration website now simply says 50 and older registration. 

Can anyone confirm that future vaccinations would include that of that 50-59 age group with it also open to 60 and over?

It just makes sense that they are expanding the age group, rather than limiting it to the 50-59.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, MexLuis said:

I am wondering the same.  I noticed that the registration website now simply says 50 and older registration. 

Can anyone confirm that future vaccinations would include that of that 50-59 age group with it also open to 60 and over?

It just makes sense that they are expanding the age group, rather than limiting it to the 50-59.

 

 

If you didn't get your first vaccination there seems no way to get it now if you are 60+. If you did get it you need to go to the same vaccination center or wherever they tell you to go when second vaccinations are being given. You can't go when first vaccinations are being given to 50 to 59 year olds and get vaccinated.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, gringal said:

When I have tried (multiple times) to open that link, it comes up with a blank page and "403 forbidden" at the top left corner.

Any suggestions?

If using a VPN, take it off.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...