Chapala.com Webboard

HOME VISIT VACCINATION

Hector was told of home visits for the first shots in Chapala.

Arrangements would have to be made directly with Servidores of the Nation at their office in the municipal office, which is not always manned/ personed? I don't know of the requirements.

10 hours ago, AlanMexicali said:

If you didn't get your first vaccination there seems no way to get it now if you are 60+. If you did get it you need to go to the same vaccination center or wherever they tell you to go when second vaccinations are being given. You can't go when first vaccinations are being given to 50 to 59 year olds and get vaccinated.

I just heard now it is everyone included over the age of 50 mayores de 50 no tiene límite, pueden tener 70, 80, etc.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, HarryB said:

Hector was told of home visits for the first shots in Chapala.

Arrangements would have to be made directly with Servidores of the Nation at their office in the municipal office, which is not always manned/ personed? I don't know of the requirements.

A neighbour who is 90 and wears a leg brace as he falls a lot has tried to get the first Sinovac vaccine at El Chante twice. The first time he shuffled along in the line for 4 hours and then they ran out of vaccine, the second time (this past week) they would not let him drive in as they said it was for 2nd vaccines only. He has a letter from his doctor saying he needs to be driven in and up to the vaccination area. What can I do for him? Ask for a home visit. He lives at Las Fuentes. Would I have to go to Chapala to ask the Servidores and ask. Where is there office-city hall?  And where in city hall?   

25 minutes ago, MexLuis said:

I just heard now it is everyone included over the age of 50 mayores de 50 no tiene límite, pueden tener 70, 80, etc.

Not true. Only 50 to 59 year olds can apply online now to get their mivacuna.salud.gob.mx clave number and need to present it to their vaccination center to be vaccinated. If you present your printed out form from mivacuna for 60+ for the first vaccination or second vaccination there you will be turned away. You needed to be vaccinated with the first dose and now need to go for the second dose when and where that is and if the second dose was already given in your area you are out of luck if you didn't go for both. No way to butt in line now. Possibly this problem will be solved by the federal government in the future. If not in Oct. private companies will/might be able to buy vaccines.

So now, the mystery deepens.  The same friend who applied for us and got us the needed papers over a month ago and was planning to go into Chapala and give us a ride with her next week. Supposedly, there are chairs, etc. She would deal with helping us and parking the car.  Sounded workable.  BUT:   Meanwhile, we have never been contacted about the "home visit", which apparently died a-borning.  So here we are, way over 50, and I gather from the recent posts that we would be turned away in Chapala if we tried to go in and get the jab now!!

Anyone have the absolute final word on this?

40 minutes ago, gringal said:

So now, the mystery deepens.  The same friend who applied for us and got us the needed papers over a month ago and was planning to go into Chapala and give us a ride with her next week. Supposedly, there are chairs, etc. She would deal with helping us and parking the car.  Sounded workable.  BUT:   Meanwhile, we have never been contacted about the "home visit", which apparently died a-borning.  So here we are, way over 50, and I gather from the recent posts that we would be turned away in Chapala if we tried to go in and get the jab now!!

Anyone have the absolute final word on this?

Chapala still is waiting to arrange the second dose of Sinovac, correct? Did you not get your first vaccination after the day you were there waiting and they ran out of vaccine?

I don't have any final word. But the enemy of this Covid is time. All this time some of the top medical minds in the world are trying to figure out variants. Moderna has already announced you will need a third booster shot. I already mentioned that my Mother's care home has not had a single case, but they quarantined for almost two years, now all are double shots. Keep safe, and clean, and everything should be OK. You have spoken highly of your general doctura. We are not too far away from commercial distribution of vaccines. My guess, and it is only a guess, is October. Alan, is much more knowledgeable and he is saying October as well. Then your doctura should be willing to make a housecall, check on any reactions, etc. I have had three housecalls by two seperate doctors. So it is not as rare as up north. Far safer than loading up all your gear, medicines, paperwork and possibly driving when you really shouldn't be, trying to find parking, which doesn't exist. I don't consider 1,000 pesos for a housecall inexpensive, but it really isn't too bad for how much stress and aggravation it saves you. If that is too pricey, you will have to find a home nurse from the government agency handling this. Should be free, but might take some time for them to catch up on their home visits.

Keep going Gringal! We need you!

6 hours ago, gringal said:

When I have tried (multiple times) to open that link, it comes up with a blank page and "403 forbidden" at the top left corner.

Any suggestions?

I tried it and got page. When I started to fill in my CURP it completed the rest of it. However when I clicked on Confirm CURP the next page said Now we are registering only people "a partir 50 anos." My CURP tells them I'm over 60.

Thanks CHILLIN. My wife retired from the Secretaria de Salud 6 years ago as director of Seguro Popular for our state but still has contact with many ex fellow employees which increased since Covid arrived. 2 died from Covid and one's husband. Indeed good advice for gringal or anyone.

1 hour ago, AlanMexicali said:

Chapala still is waiting to arrange the second dose of Sinovac, correct? Did you not get your first vaccination after the day you were there waiting and they ran out of vaccine?

I think you have me confused with another poster.  I never went to get the jab.  I was waiting for the "home visit".  So have had no jab atall.  I'd be happy to pay for the jab when it's available.  My doc's fees are pretty reasonable.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, gringal said:

I think you have me confused with another poster.  I never went to get the jab.  I was waiting for the "home visit".  So have had no jab atall.  I'd be happy to pay for the jab when it's available.  My doc's fees are pretty reasonable.

I guessed it was you who waited and they ran out but was wrong. I think the other lady did get it after she went back later that week. One big problem is the National Guard won't let any vaccine out of their sight for home visits.

It's me who went and waited and got in the tent. And then the Doctor came in and announced they'd run out. I had him write across the top of the comprobante what happened and he signed and dated it. That was the last day. Me? SOL... along with the other fifty people in the tent.

• Thanks 1