Chapala.com Webboard

BACK TO BROADWAY - MUSICAL HITS - MAY 30th at LCS

Ellie

Press Release

April 26, 2021

Musical Theatre Alive and Well in Lakeside!

The performing arts have become very dormant worldwide over the past 12 months. Closely packed theaters and concert halls are not conducive to pandemic safety. Michael Reason conductor of the Lake Chapala Community Orchestra, has used this time to create a new Broadway revue featuring three of Lakeside´s most talented performers. On Sunday May 30 area residents will get the opportunity to experience Back to Broadway with Amaranta Santos, Laura Medina and Doug Voet in a carefully designed show featuring songs from hit musicals such as A Chorus Line, Kiss Me Kate, Wicked and Follies.

“Before I had a career as an orchestral conductor in Canada I spent many years as a theatrical Music Director in England” says Reason. “Creating this revue is taking me back to my roots”

What will make this revue different and exciting is that instead of just a piano accompanying the singers the audience will experience the songs as they were meant to be heard – with a full orchestra!

“As much as I would like to have a real live orchestra due to pandemic protocols we can´t at this time.  Instead I have arranged all the songs for a virtual orchestra!” comments Reason. “The results are backing tracks that sound just like the real thing!”

All of the performers have extensive backgrounds in musical theatre especially Doug Voet who played Joseph in the original Broadway production of the Lloyd Weber/Tim Rice hit show “Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat.”

With an increasing number of people at Lakeside having been vaccinated more of us will be comfortable getting out and, once again, enjoying live performances.

Performance date is Sunday May 30 at 6pm. This performance is part of “Concerts in the Park” produced by Steve Balfour to benefit the Lake Chapala Society and what could be better than enjoying this Back to Broadway in a wonderful garden setting.

We ask that people follow pandemic precautions including wearing masks and social distancing.

Tickets are $300 pesos and can be purchased at the Lake Chapala Society,

Monday to Saturday from 10:00 – 1:30, or on the LCS website