Chapala.com Webboard

Message from Chapala Expat Liaison

HarryB

Tomorrow there will NOT be second shots given in Chapala Christiania Park. They will be giving TEACHERS FIRST SHOTS. SECOND SHOTS NOR RECEIPTS WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR SENIORS.

PLEASE DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME AND ENERGY. As soon as information is available , I will advise you

As always your friend Hector Espana!
  • Like 1

I like to think that the Feds are not deliberately snubbing those of us over 65 yrs, with their changes to the program, but do not have the Sinovac vaccine in order to actually finish the original plan. Why else would they digress and vaccinate teachers and now those between he ages of 60 and 59 years? Are they hoping to reopen the schools in May? or June? Is that logical? I wonder who is doing all this "planning".

32 minutes ago, Alfa said:

I like to think that the Feds are not deliberately snubbing those of us over 65 yrs, with their changes to the program, but do not have the Sinovac vaccine in order to actually finish the original plan. Why else would they digress and vaccinate teachers and now those between he ages of 60 and 59 years? Are they hoping to reopen the schools in May? or June? Is that logical? I wonder who is doing all this "planning".

Yes they want to open the schools in May if possible. They can't be snubbing those over 65 if they are doing second shots for Jocotepec "over 60s"  this week, can they?  They have to work with whatever number of each vaccine they can get and supply is low in many countries, not just Mexico.  Be patient and your turn will come. It is the Federal Government who is doing all the "planning".

• Like 1

On 4/27/2021 at 4:36 PM, MichaelMorris said:

I don’t understand, SECOND SHOTS NOR RECEIPTS WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR SENIORS.

It means they are doing TEACHERS this week, and they are using Cansino (single dose) shots.  No seniors will be allowed..... not the right vaccine, and simply not your (or my) turn yet even tho' our similar group is being done this week in 2 locations in Joco.

They'll get to us soon.  They're now accepting pre- registrations (mivacuna site) for 50-59

2 hours ago, Alfa said:

Planning! Who said there was any?

I don't know if we are the only ones, but husband and I don't have the stamina to stand in line for 3+ hours so we were hoping they would learn a few lessons and we could expect an hour or 2 wait on the next go-around. Maybe appointments for enough folks to be done in an hour or hours be alphabet or??? Now it sounds like they aren't going to bother with a second chance for over 60 folks. I don't know what we;ll do.

6 hours ago, MtnMama said:

I don't know if we are the only ones, but husband and I don't have the stamina to stand in line for 3+ hours so we were hoping they would learn a few lessons and we could expect an hour or 2 wait on the next go-around. Maybe appointments for enough folks to be done in an hour or hours be alphabet or??? Now it sounds like they aren't going to bother with a second chance for over 60 folks. I don't know what we;ll do.

It is a mess. Many are in the same boat as you. I have my second vaccination and I'm trying to help others.

I was in Mescala and didn't see any changes from the first time. Remember Mexicans are used to waiting for everything. Hire a kid to stand in line for you. This is acceptable!

15 hours ago, MichaelMorris said:

I don’t question your response. But (just asking) where did you get the info about the Cansino vaccination for teachers in Chapala?

(1) Guadalajara channel 4 TV news     (2)  Informador newspaper on line      

Being done according to school district in which they work, not by their home address.  Two MEGA locations in Guad. 11 other  locations throughout the state, with live TV coverage yesterday and today from Guad and Chapala sites in news broadcasts.  Appears really well organized,                   with alphabetical order PLUS  "booked" arrival times.

• Like 1