Chapala.com Webboard

Sponges

For months I have been looking for ordinary sponges but cannot find any at my usual haunts...Walmart, Superlake, or El Torrito.  If anybody knows a place at Lakeside that carries them I will be forever your friend .  I may even let you in front of me in line for our second vaccine dose

8 hours ago, Floradude said:

For months I have been looking for ordinary sponges but cannot find any at my usual haunts...Walmart, Superlake, or El Torrito.  If anybody knows a place at Lakeside that carries them I will be forever your friend .  I may even let you in front of me in line for our second vaccine dose

I ordered some from AmazonMx: https://www.amazon.com.mx/s?k=esponja&__mk_es_MX=ÅMÅŽÕÑ&crid=3G3VPR73XOIXO&sprefix=es%2Caps%2C323&ref=nb_sb_ss_ts-doa-p_3_2

I’ve wondered about sponges myself. Do you think the problem is the over harvesting of sponges? I believe I saw something about that. I find available sponges are the less absorbent, synthetic kind. 

I’ve returned to Cotten dish cloths and splurged and bought Swedish dish cloths to supplement those. I’ve used the Swedish ones before and liked them. But they are expensive. 60 pesos each but washable and “good for 50 uses”. I haven’t done the spreadsheet but I think over time they may be an ok alternative or supplemental cloth. 

https://www.amazon.com.mx/gp/product/B07GX6TRQX/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The only sponges I like for every day kitchen/ bathroom use are the ‘ 3M Scotch-brite ocelo multi-purpose’ variety. Super Lake has occasionally carried them over the years but not recently. I ordered them on Amazon U.S. Affordably priced, received expeditiously, and now have a two year supply or more.