Chapala.com Webboard

Quail

rafterbr

16 minutes ago, Mostlylost said:

The Hacienda de Don Pedro in West Ajijic. Also rabbit and duck

Unless your post is recent news, he switched to a breakfast and lunch place at least 2 years ago.  

His grilled rabbit and grilled quail that he served before he switched to breakfast/lunch were exceptional; we went weekly for both!  

@Mostlylost Are you sure what you posted is currently true??  Would love it if it were.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Bisbee Gal said:

Unless your post is recent news, he switched to a breakfast and lunch place at least 2 years ago.  

His grilled rabbit and grilled quail that he served before he switched to breakfast/lunch were exceptional; we went weekly for both!  

@Mostlylost Are you sure what you posted is currently true??  Would love it if it were.

Yes they are still serving it. I enjoyed a lunch with Pedro in March and we had both duck and quail .  I think he is currently closing at 4pm but you can call  376 766 4906

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I noticed that the person who posted the "confused" thingy on the post that I referenced has now removed it. Embarrassed??? The post by Mostlylost "The Hacienda de Don Pedro in West Ajijic. Also rabbit and duck"...a straightforward answer to the OP's question was not confusing at all...I guess their confusion has cleared up!!!

• Sad 2

18 hours ago, gringohombre said:

Why are there so many confused people here???

Sometimes it is the fault of the poster who does not recognize they are not communicating as clearly as they think they are. It is easier to assume other people are dim.

42 minutes ago, Xena said:

Sometimes it is the fault of the poster who does not recognize they are not communicating as clearly as they think they are. It is easier to assume other people are dim.

My point is that a dim cartoon saying "confused" or "sad" does not add anything relevant or informative to the discussion. What are they confused or sad about? I guess that I made my point since the person who placed the "sad" thing on a perfectly clear and informative post on this chain has since deleted it!!! 

• Confused 3

4 hours ago, gringohombre said:

My point is that a dim cartoon saying "confused" or "sad" does not add anything relevant or informative to the discussion. What are they confused or sad about? I guess that I made my point since the person who placed the "sad" thing on a perfectly clear and informative post on this chain has since deleted it!!! 

I can ‘t speak for other posters but when I use emojis it’s simply offering my agreement, disagreement, or reaction when either the person posting has expressed what I would have said (so why repeat the same thing) or I simply do not care enough to spend time writing something to someone who will inevitably misunderstand or not understand at all what I say anyway. Emojis are used by billions of people around the world despite probably millions of people who don’t like them or fail to understand the point. You are not going to stop the use here or anywhere else. Just ignore them.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Xena said:

I can ‘t speak for other posters but when I use emojis it’s simply offering my agreement, disagreement, or reaction when either the person posting has expressed what I would have said (so why repeat the same thing) or I simply do not care enough to spend time writing something to someone who will inevitably misunderstand or not understand at all what I say anyway. Emojis are used by billions of people around the world despite probably millions of people who don’t like them or fail to understand the point. You are not going to stop the use here or anywhere else. Just ignore them.

I have no problem with the "like" of "laugh" thingy's however the "confused" and "sad" ones make no sense here because there is no context. This board was created for information and questions by a certain set of folks living in specific area. If you cannot express WHY you are confused or sad, then there is no relevance to the OP's question or comment. No big thing, just my opinion!!! Nuff said!!!

• Like 1

On 4/25/2021 at 1:34 PM, rafterbr said:

Does anyone know restaurant with Quail on the menu.  I prefer fried but would settle for baked.  gracias

Borrego al pastor el cantarito is an open pit bbq place on the highway on the west side of Jocotepec. Every kind of meat available you can think of including QUAIL. I haven't been there for about 10 years but they are still in bizz. Are on facebook

july 24,bbq borrego al pastor en jocotepec.jpg

joco bbq 2.jpg

joco bbq 3.jpg

joco bbq.jpg

• Like 1

Used to love that place--meat, salsa, tortillas and beer. Bring your own salad. It is on the south side of the highway and with the new median barriers, you have to travel west until the first place you can cross the highway and proceed back. 

• 3 months later...

Went to Hacienda de Don Pedro today for quail and rabbit.  They told me they could cook nothing as they were out of gas, also they had no rabbit.  We went to eat at Linda's and had a good meal but Cocinart is still my favorite

15 hours ago, rafterbr said:

Went to Hacienda de Don Pedro today for quail and rabbit.  They told me they could cook nothing as they were out of gas, also they had no rabbit.  We went to eat at Linda's and had a good meal but Cocinart is still my favorite

I spoke with Don Pedro today, and he said they had called for gas late in the day but the truck hadn't arrived.  He said very sorry for the inconvenience. 

• Thanks 1