Chapala.com Webboard

60+ and need a Covid shot? SuSPENDED

jrod

1:46 Friday

they called from la Barca hospital just now. The event tomorrow is postponed and they don’t have a new date yet.

12:49 pm Thursday

As noted below, only Ajijic Radio on-line has posted this information for first-timers for the Covid vaccine BUT I've still not been able to confirm independently. I've been calling the hospital since 8 am and just got a live person who also cannot confirm. She did give me two extensions, and I've left messages and a callback number at each. So, for now, I cannot say with certainty that this event is legit.  If you want to verify yourself, the phone number is 393-759-5980. After the recording, dial either of these two extensions-- x 1097 or x 4071. I've left messages and a callback number at each, and will update if I hear anything. For now, there is no confirmation that this is "on" for Saturday.

Saturday only in La Barca at regional hospital. Single-shot Cansino
(NOTE: I only have seen this posted on the original source, noted below. I've not been able to confirm it, but this was posted late Wednesday Here's the phone number and address, to confirm: AddressVenus 84, Col. Fraccionamiento del Sol, 47910 La Barca, Jal. Phone: 393 759 5980)

THURS 8:20 AM          I AM TRYING TO VERIFY WITH THE HOSPITAL THAT THIS EVENT IS TAKING PLACE. NOBODY ANSWERS ANY OF THE EXTENSIONS, AND ALL MAILBOXES FULL. I'LL POST ANY UPDATE OR CONFIRMATION.

AVISO SOBRE LAS VACUNAS COVID EN LA ZONA 
De Secretaria de Salud , Sub Sede en la Barca Jalisco 

A todos los adultos mayores de 60 años que NO HAN SIDO VACUNADOS  contra covid19, se estará aplicando la vacúna Cansino (dósis Única).
Éste sábado 24 de abril en el Hospital Regional de La Barca; de 8:00 A 4:00
Favor de llevar CURP e INE. Así como su cubre bocas.
***** ÚNICO DIA *****
Favor de Compartir

Source: Ajijic Radio-on-Line

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Guiness said:

If you have had one shot of Sinovac, can u take the CanSino as your second one?

No  It is a different type of vaccine.

CanSino’s vaccine uses a modified common cold virus to carry genetic material from the new coronavirus into the human body, a method also used by the Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccine.

Sinovac is a whole virus vaccine that uses a weakened or deactivated form of the pathogen that causes COVID-19 to trigger protective immunity to it. Sinovac uses inactivated pathogens, therefore they cannot infect cells and replicate, but can trigger an immune response.

6 hours ago, Guiness said:

6 hours ago, Guiness said:

It says no in the first post.

3 hours ago, Guiness said:

Your registration for the vaccine tracks any doses you have had.  From what I've read on local FB pages, if you have had any shot, they will deny you a different vax, and tell you to return for your 2nd shot instead.  Not necessarily based on science, just the process in place in MX.  

• jrod changed the title to 60+ and need a Covid shot? I CANNOT CONFIRM
7 hours ago, Bisbee Gal said:

Your registration for the vaccine tracks any doses you have had.  From what I've read on local FB pages, if you have had any shot, they will deny you a different vax, and tell you to return for your 2nd shot instead.  Not necessarily based on science, just the process in place in MX.  

True. Yesterday we were at the same Agricultural University campus for our second Pfizer vaccination and the first was on Mar. 3rd. there and we recieved the official comprobante for it then. Without it they turned people away, I noticed. It took 2 hours. Now we have both comprobantes and sore arms today but are relieved to be finished. On Mar. 3rd. INSABI workers did it. Yesterday Servants of the Nation did it. An overall good experience.

Switching vaccine does not seem to be available unless you go to the US or wait until private doctors get the vaccines in Mexico.

On 4/21/2021 at 9:17 PM, jrod said:

12:49 pm Thursday

As noted below, only Ajijic Radio on-line has posted this information for first-timers for the Covid vaccine BUT I've still not been able to confirm independently. I've been calling the hospital since 8 am and just got a live person who also cannot confirm. She did give me two extensions, and I've left messages and a callback number at each. So, for now, I cannot say with certainty that this event is legit.  If you want to verify yourself, the phone number is 393-759-5980. After the recording, dial either of these two extensions-- x 1097 or x 4071. I've left messages and a callback number at each, and will update if I hear anything. For now, there is no confirmation that this is "on" for Saturday.

Saturday only in La Barca at regional hospital. Single-shot Cansino
(NOTE: I only have seen this posted on the original source, noted below. I've not been able to confirm it, but this was posted late Wednesday Here's the phone number and address, to confirm: AddressVenus 84, Col. Fraccionamiento del Sol, 47910 La Barca, Jal. Phone: 393 759 5980)

THURS 8:20 AM          I AM TRYING TO VERIFY WITH THE HOSPITAL THAT THIS EVENT IS TAKING PLACE. NOBODY ANSWERS ANY OF THE EXTENSIONS, AND ALL MAILBOXES FULL. I'LL POST ANY UPDATE OR CONFIRMATION.

AVISO SOBRE LAS VACUNAS COVID EN LA ZONA 
De Secretaria de Salud , Sub Sede en la Barca Jalisco 

A todos los adultos mayores de 60 años que NO HAN SIDO VACUNADOS  contra covid19, se estará aplicando la vacúna Cansino (dósis Única).
Éste sábado 24 de abril en el Hospital Regional de La Barca; de 8:00 A 4:00
Favor de llevar CURP e INE. Así como su cubre bocas.
***** ÚNICO DIA *****
Favor de Compartir

Source: Ajijic Radio-on-Line

Read on a FB page that someone did call the Hospital in La Barca and the response was that they could not confirm any vaccinations events for saturday.

• jrod changed the title to 60+ and need a Covid shot? SuSPENDED
4 hours ago, WideSky said:

Read on a FB page that someone did call the Hospital in La Barca and the response was that they could not confirm any vaccinations events for saturday.

That was also me. They just phoned me (Friday 1:40 pm) and said event tomorrow is postponed until further notice.

• Thanks 2