Chapala.com Webboard

1 day flight in/out for Vaccination

I've also had both Pfizer shots. I normally do not react negatively to this type of vaccine, and I didn't after the first shot, but some 24 days later, when I got my second shot, I didn't notice any strange feelings until maybe 1/2 a day later. At that time I began to feel tired and maybe weak and perhaps fuzzy headed. I guess that this is a good sign. Everything was OK 24 hours later. I am supposed to wait 2 weeks after the second shot for the vaccine shot to have fully activated my body to protect me, which is today. 

I wish you all the best and hope that we all stay healthy.

Thank you for your advice and sharing of your experience.  This is very helpful.  I was planning on staying overnight, though I may stretch that to two nights for good measure.

Yes, a response from the vaccine is a good thing.  That aunt I mentioned was the only one from the US, that didn't have a response (out of a good 50 clients/family members) for that of the Pfizer vaccine.   But keep in mind she is 103 years of age.

All information is taken into account, and I do appreciate your taking the time to share.  

May we all stay healthy and put this crisis behind us.

We decided to go to AZ to get our Covid vaccinations in March. We rented a very reasonably priced ($500 US for a month all inclusive and no cleaning fees or other costs) dog friendly casita in San Carlos, an ocean front village we love, and drove to Tucson to get our first vaccination, Pfizer, at a Safeway pharmacy on March 25th. There was no charge to us for the vaccination even without insurance and we did not need to be a resident of Arizona to get the vaccine. When we got the first shot they made the appointment for the second one, April 15th, 3 weeks to the day later. We spent the night in Tucson and drove back to San Carlos, enjoyed 3 weeks of sunny gorgeous beaches and the freshest sea food. We then drove back to Tucson and got our second shot without a hitch again spending one night in Tucson. Drove back to San Carlos, packed up and left 2 days later, just in case we had any side effects but other than a bit of a stiff arm after the second vaccination no negative effects. It was actually a really nice vacation and we had no issues whatsoever other than cops in Navajoa trying to get money from us on our way home but I stood my ground and they finally drove off. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Susy Wilson said:

We decided to go to AZ to get our Covid vaccinations in March. We rented a very reasonably priced ($500 US for a month all inclusive and no cleaning fees or other costs) dog friendly casita in San Carlos, an ocean front village we love, and drove to Tucson to get our first vaccination, Pfizer, at a Safeway pharmacy on March 25th. There was no charge to us for the vaccination even without insurance and we did not need to be a resident of Arizona to get the vaccine. When we got the first shot they made the appointment for the second one, April 15th, 3 weeks to the day later. We spent the night in Tucson and drove back to San Carlos, enjoyed 3 weeks of sunny gorgeous beaches and the freshest sea food. We then drove back to Tucson and got our second shot without a hitch again spending one night in Tucson. Drove back to San Carlos, packed up and left 2 days later, just in case we had any side effects but other than a bit of a stiff arm after the second vaccination no negative effects. It was actually a really nice vacation and we had no issues whatsoever other than cops in Navajoa trying to get money from us on our way home but I stood my ground and they finally drove off. 

Thank you for sharing, a great alternative and mini break to boot. How nice to be hearing  new and reshing ways of solving problems 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, donnazor said:

Apparently, I do not know HOW to check my PM. Also, 33 replies were indicated and at don’t see any. Obviously, don’t know how to use this site. All,I saw was the message to “check your PM”. And nada. Sorry

At the top of the web page if you are signed in there will be an envelope on the right upper corner. That is your PM mailbox. If you click on it it will take you to any messages others here have sent you. 

23 hours ago, jksc said:

Are Canadian citizens resident in Mexico able to get vaccinations in the US?

Every state and some distribution locations have different rules. In most places in Texas all you need is a photo ID. Read the rules for the state you would travel to. Then the rules for where you make the appt. We got done at Walmart with Mexican passports as ID. In San Antonio at the university mass vaccinaion center all my nieces & nephews with Mx passports. One couple reported at a CVS did not look at ID just used the appointment infirmation.

• Thanks 1

The short answer is no, you don’t have to be an US citizen.
https://www.wfaa.com/article/news/health/coronavirus/vaccine/do-you-have-to-be-us-citizen-to-get-covid-19-vaccine-what-immigrants-need-to-know-coronavirus-green-card-immigration/287-416b0959-3b7d-4545-90d0-2fd34a41521a
“Medical experts, the Center for Disease Control and the state of Texas say that all adults, regardless of citizenship status, can get the COVID-19 vaccine.”

Bonus: It’s FREE.
https://www.cvs.com/immunizations/covid-19-vaccine
“No cost with insurance or through a federal program for the uninsured.”

The vaccination availability is getting more and better.
Now CVS even let us choose which kind.

As of this morning, at LAREDO, TX 78046.
Monday: May 03, 2021
Vaccine: Janssen/J&J (one-dose)

Tip: Make selection AFTER midnight.
I think around that time, they update their daily new availability.

FireShot Capture 160 - Immunization intake form - www.cvs.com.png

• Thanks 1

I flew back to TX to pick up my van many weeks ago and stopped in a small town pharmacy that was advertising the shots. I told them I was just passing through and asked if any shots were available. She said they had cancellations every day. She called the next morning and I got my first Moderna shot. Thanks anti-vaxxers!

BTW, they did not ask for any identification so  I would think Canadians and other foreigners would be able to get it. Not sure if it matters but on the form they gave me, I used the address of the repair shop my van was at.

4 hours ago, Rassabossa said:

I flew back to TX to pick up my van many weeks ago and stopped in a small town pharmacy that was advertising the shots. I told them I was just passing through and asked if any shots were available. She said they had cancellations every day. She called the next morning and I got my first Moderna shot. Thanks anti-vaxxers!

BTW, they did not ask for any identification so  I would think Canadians and other foreigners would be able to get it. Not sure if it matters but on the form they gave me, I used the address of the repair shop my van was at.

Doesn't matter what address you use in the least.  It can be anywhere!  All foreigners can get it as well.

On 4/29/2021 at 3:06 PM, jksc said:

Are Canadian citizens resident in Mexico able to get vaccinations in the US?

Most definitely in Arizona. They vaccinate anyone from any country and I believe now anyone over 12 years of age. 

I'd rather double mask on a 2 hour flight than sit in a car for 12 hours with an un-vaccinated stranger.  

All US airlines and airports have strict mask wearing federal mandate.  The airlines are disinfecting between flights and hand out sanitizer packs so you can wipe down your seat area.  Bring your own small bottle of sanitizer for extra safety.  

The terminal at GDL is surprisingly compliant with mask wearing and socially distanced seating.  

When we flew to get our vaccine in US we wore a K95 mask covered in a cloth mask.  Didn't eat or drink on plane or in terminal.  Flew biz class (not that much more than coach on short trips).  

• Like 1

So would I Bisbee Gal.

Okay, for those who want to know... here are a few thoughts on this.
This thread has some very good pointers from Bob Liu about registering on the CVS Pharmacy site. You need to use a vpn to access the registration then follow his advice. CVS - Online Drugstore, Pharmacy, Prescriptions & Health Information

CVS - Online Drugstore, Pharmacy, Prescriptions & Health Information

Refill and transfer prescriptions online or find a CVS Pharmacy near you. Shop online, see ExtraCare deals, find...A friend recommended a flight from Guadalajara to Tijuana and walk across the bridge to San Diego. Volaris does this flight from Guadalajara and it's reasonably priced. Volaris - Ultra low cost airline with the cheapest flight deals-Volaris

A friend recommended flying from Guadalajara to Tijuana and walking across the bridge to San Diego. Volaris does this flight from Guadalajara and it's reasonably priced. Volaris - Ultra low cost airline with the cheapest flight deals-Volaris
Guadalajara to Tijuana Cross Border Xpress TJX
Lots of flights and lots of times available.
PLEASE NOTE THAT CROSSING AT THE BRIDGE IS APPARENTLY NOT OPEN TO CANADIANS. That restriction MAY expire on May 21st.

Every time I try to access Walmart.com without a vpn, I get shunted automatically to Walmart.com.mx

However, if it works for you then fine. This is the closest Walmart to the CBX bridge in San Diego... 

Address: 710 Dennery Rd, San Diego, CA 92154, United States
Hours:
Open ⋅ Closes 11PM
Senior hours: 6AM–7AM Tue · More hours
Updated by business 3 weeks ago