Chapala.com Webboard

1 day flight in/out for Vaccination

6 minutes ago, jksc said:

Sounds like a plan.  Where in the US, did you need to book a vaccination appointment?  Any help much appreciated.  

Hi JKSC:  The websites to check are CVS and Walgreens. Review which vaccines are available near your given airport.  Note times, and then coordinate your in and out flight.  I went a bit further and checked for an Amazon hub near the vac site.  I need some medical stuff not available here.  I am only bringing a small travel carryon with me. 

---------
Due to lack of driving buddies, I have decided to take a flight in/ out (same day/direct flight from Guad to US. All vacs available including J&J. Logistics completely worked out. Vaccination site is near the airport, as is an amazon locker hub to pick up a few goodies.

Travel buddy not required for this, but others are welcome to join me.   If interested PM me... Maybe I can help someone out as I have worked out all the details.  DONE.

Add Walmart & HEB supermarket pharmacies to the list. to check. I just checked Walmart in Houston and there are appointments available today at 3 Walmarts within 10 miles of the airport. 

To access CVS you will need a VPN.  For Walmart scroll down the Walmart mx page to the bottom left and click on Walmart US

The trick is between my checking California, AZ and Texas, was to find a location that would allow me an in and out flight, same day, no staying over, with a comfy gap between for vaccination.  I am sure that there are other states, but my find was California.  In that area from that Calf airport, I found that there are CVS and Walgreens.  Walmart might be another option if indeed I couldn't find those other two.  I cannot believe the abundance of vaccines, just between CVS and Walgreens in that area.

---------

I have decided to take a flight in/ out (same day/direct flight from Guad to US. All vacs available including J&J. Logistics completely worked out. Vaccination site is near the airport, as is an amazon locker hub to pick up a few goodies.

Travel buddy not required for this, but others are welcome to join me.   If interested PM me... Maybe I can help someone out as I have worked out all the details.  DONE.

MexLuis is flying into the USA All he needs is an antigen test. Citizenship does not matter in CA, AZ NM, and TX 

The trick is finding a way to fly in and return the same day in many cases it will require multiple airlines because of the small number of flights from GDL to the US daily. You could easily do DFW in on Volaris and back on American same day. 

Land crossings information is here

https://help.cbp.gov/s/article/Article-1596?language=en_US

It's a stupid rule. Any Canadian can enter the U.S. through an interior airport by having the correct Antigen test before the flight. It becomes a matter of economics AND time to use the CBX bridge from Tijuana to San Diego. Why can't you cross if you've had an Antigen test? Stupid rule. There are MANY flights on Volaris to CBX Tijuana. Ridiculous, stupid rule. 

Volaris has daily 6am flights to LAX.. with time difference you are there at 7am CA time. There are at least 2 return flights afternoon and evening. All nonstop all about same time in air as their flights to TIJ. 3 hours.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Bisbee Gal said:

Volaris has daily 6am flights to LAX.. with time difference you are there at 7am CA time. There are at least 2 return flights afternoon and evening. All nonstop all about same time in air as their flights to TIJ. 3 hours.

Yup... that is what I am showing and coordinating on this end as well... The LAX flight!

And better to get it done prior to the Covid surge that 4th of July weekend will present.

-----------

I have decided to take a flight in/ out (same day/direct flight from Guad to US. All vacs available including J&J. Logistics completely worked out. Vaccination site is near the airport, as is an amazon locker hub to pick up a few goodies.

• Like 1

Does anyone have a phone number for the CBX bridge as I have been unable to find one.   I would like to ask if Canadians can cross the bridge in to the US.. I’ve LOST the name of the person on this board who keeps posting Canadians can’t cross in the US .,but I personally know people who have driven across at Laredo as late as last weekend on there way to Canada, but before I fly to Tijuana and walk over the bridge  to get vaxed I word like to find out if we can cross or not 

From the first page of the CBX website

"Restrictions for “non-essential” travel continue until further notice for non-U.S. citizens and non-residents traveling to the United States."

I have driven across the border 3 times in the since February. Each time I asked the agent if someone has an appointment for a covid vaccination would that qualify as a "medical appointment"  and be classified as essential travel. I was told no. 

I also called a supervisor at the Laredo field office and he made the same statement. 

The immigration agent at the border has some authority to bend the rules. If a Canadian was driving from Mexico to return home to Canada they might wave the restriction or classify it as essential travel.

May 21st the Canada/US/Mexico agreements will be updated. 

Just saw on our local news last night that Viva Aerobus has just started flights from MTY to HRL here in the Valley. First international flight in like 40 years for Valley International. The story said the plane was full and many had booked with a day tour operator to be taken for Vax and shopping at the local malls, Outlet and the big one in McAllen...whose name escapes me. The story also mentioned that next week an undisclosed Mexican airline will begin flights from an undisclosed city to MFE, McAllen's airport. Details supposedly coming next week.

• Thanks 1

Hell-of-a website!    I'm just wondering how an H.E.B. grocery store pharmacy is keeping all that Pfizer and Moderna vaccine super cold as required. Janssen, I guess, is Johnson and Johnson.

Wouldn't it be nice if that huge supermarket, with seemingly tons of vaccine available for the asking, could/would just ship about 500 shots to the Guadalajara airport for US citizens* Lakeside....  they'd get a ton of goodwill advertisement thrown their way I'm sure. Open it up to Mexican citizens also and wipe out a bad stigma that was created over the last few (4) years.

Next question is:  If 'someone' Lakeside can orchestrate all those tour trips to god knows where every year, many times a year, why can't someone there orchestrate a couple or more big buses to drive to, say, McAllen... it's the closest... and get everyone aboard a vaccine of their choosing.... Pfizer, Moderna or J&J.

Biden/Harris are you listening???

*Since the US Government bought all the vaccine that is being given NOB, Canadians probably aren't eligible without a decree from (way) above.

Flight booked. We both decided to go and get vaccinated.  If anyone wants to know of a reasonable cost / nicely spaced one day in out route to getting vac'd, with vaccine within walking distance of airport (Under 1.5 miles), feel free to contact me for details/happy to help others.  Good luck to everyone and stay safe... this is not anywhere near over!

• Thanks 1

Everyone must make their own choice.  

For me, being on a plane that requires testing within three days of travel, was important.

I wished that they had done that with the CBX XPRESS.    

For air travel within Mexico, they are doing a disservice to passengers in not

requiring testing. 

I DEFINITELY would have gone the CBX that route, had they had that requirement!

In my view it came down to paying a little more in cost, to have that extra assurance.

The fact that the CBX is so inexpensive, seems to have a hidden perk in reducing. the passengers on the LAX flights.

I've check day prior seating on those LAX flights, and they are rather scarcely booked,

with a handful of seats booked.  During covid... yeah I like that!   

That said, I will remember that CBX flight for Post-Covid times, for shopping etc lol!