Chapala.com Webboard

1 day flight in/out for Vaccination

1 minute ago, Ferret said:

Every time I try to access Walmart.com, I get shunted automatically to Walmart.com.mx

However, if it works for you then fine. This is the closest Walmart to the CBX bridge in San Diego... 

Address: 710 Dennery Rd, San Diego, CA 92154, United States
Hours:
Open ⋅ Closes 11PM
Senior hours: 6AM–7AM Tue · More hours
Updated by business 3 weeks ago

Look at the bottom of the Walmart MX webpage   On the lower left click on Walmart US it will take you to the US website.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Ferret said:

Thank you. I did get in doing that but when I went through the steps and clicked on Vaccine Scheduling, they wanted an account number. Geez, they make it hard.

Just like CV and Walgreens, Walmart requires you to open an account on their website. Need an email and a password. Then you sign in, go to Pharmacy and search for Covid appointments by zip ode. 

Just now, Ferret said:

That was the idea but I'm Canadian and can't cross the bridge right now. Americans cannot be refused entry to their own country. I'm Canadian and am considered non-essential. LOL.

Can you fly into US with an antigen test?  Easy flights to IAH and DFW.  

Yes, I can but there is a huge difference in the cost of the flight and the time required to get there and back. Everyone's situation is different and I'm trying to do what works best for me. I like the weather in San Diego better than Texas as well. :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ferret said:

That was the idea but I'm Canadian and can't cross the bridge right now. Americans cannot be refused entry to their own country. I'm Canadian and am considered non-essential. LOL.

You will always be essential to us, Ferret.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ferret said:

48 minutes ago, Xena said:

You will always be essential to us, Ferret.

I'm curious why you can't cross the bridge. 

25 minutes ago, cedros said:

I'm curious why you can't cross the bridge. 

There is no land tourism from Mexico or Canada to USA for non citizens or green card holders. Has been in effect almost a year and renewed monthly. Next date to renew for 30 days is May 21. 

2 minutes ago, Mostlylost said:

There is no land tourism from Mexico or Canada to USA for non citizens or green card holders. Has been in effect almost a year and renewed monthly. Next date to renew for 30 days is May 21. 

2 minutes ago, Mostlylost said:

So Canadians need to fly into Texas from Mexico?

1 hour ago, Mostlylost said:

Or from Canada. No land entries for tourists

I guess I should have know that but I have not paid much attention as I rarely go to the US but I may have to go there to get a Johnson & Johnson vaccination, as I have a trip booked to Portugal in October and they may not recognize my Sinovac vaccines.

I have been doing some reading since. There are 5 types of vaccines for Covid. Mix & Match is still quite unknown 

30 minutes ago, RickS said:

... not on subject but is Canada open to US tourism by land yet?   Any timeframe mentioned if not?

No. The same May 21st, 2021 is mentioned. This link has more detail as to what is essential or not... 

Temporary Restriction of Travelers Crossing US-Canada and Mexico Land Borders for Non-Essential Purposes (cbp.gov)

46 minutes ago, RickS said:

... not on subject but is Canada open to US tourism by land yet?   Any timeframe mentioned if not?

No but some get in.

For me to be fully vac'd with Pfizer would take two doses/trips.  I have a plan that can fill one of those, if someone whom lives in Lake Chapala does not step forward.  I am not in a rush.  Therefore, not fully examining flights at this point, though if I did a flight, it would be one where testing is required. 

Keeping my options open. My car is available for the drive. 

All types of vaccines available, though I am aiming for the Pfizer. 

I simply want to be vaccinated in advance of a (car travel) cross country trip in August.   

Accepting requests to drive with me later, and will consider trips all the way up through till the end of July.  End of July being my cut off point.

25 minutes ago, TelsZ4 said:

There are lots of Canadians driving across the border into Laredo TX

Really how?  Are they swimming over?? 

Only essential travel into US by land is permitted at this time. Vaccination appointments are not considered essential travel. Canadians can not cross the border by land at this time. Only US citizens or Permanent residents or work permit holders may enter by land.  May 21 is the next revision date. 

https://help.cbp.gov/s/article/Article-1688?language=en_US

On 5/3/2021 at 2:31 PM, Ferret said:

Why doesn't the Canadian voter demand more proactive  action on vaccine  roll out 

How exactly? Just like us they only have two choices: vote someone out, or protest. Since it ain't election time, and since only anti-maskers and anti-vaxxers ever protest... Meantime, what I read on the Web suggests many groups are voicing their concerns: all medical personnel, restaurant owners, bowling alleys, city parks... the list goes on and on.

Due to lack of driving buddies, I have decided to take a flight in/ out (same day/direct flight from Guad to US. All vacs available including J&J. Logistics completely worked out. Vaccination site is near the airport, as is an amazon locker hub to pick up a few goodies.

Travel buddy not required for this, but others are welcome to join me.   If interested PM me... Maybe I can help someone out as I have worked out all the details.  DONE.
  • Like 1

• MexLuis changed the title to 1 day flight in/out for Vaccination