Chapala.com Webboard

Mexico eases border restrictions

Mainecoons

Except that Mexico has 7 of the most violent cities in the world and the U.S. has one, St. Louis, MO.

https://www.vallartadaily.com/seven-of-the-top-ten-most-violent-cities-in-the-world-are-in-mexico/

Mexico also has 18 of the top 50, 36 percent of the world total.  

Fortunately we don't live in one of them.  :D 

Actually no.  Try looking up the homicide statistics instead of parroting the narrative.  Mass shootings as a percent of gun deaths there are tiny, as they are here.  Gang crime accounts for a big share of gun deaths there and a far bigger share here.

Most gun deaths are from suicide.

https://usafacts.org/data/topics/security-safety/crime-and-justice/firearms/firearm-deaths/

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2019/08/16/what-the-data-says-about-gun-deaths-in-the-u-s/

How many people are killed in mass shootings in the U.S. every year?

This is a difficult question to answer because there is no single, agreed-upon definition of the term “mass shooting.” Definitions can vary depending on factors including the number of victims and the circumstances of the shooting.

The FBI collects data on “active shooter incidents,” which it defines as “as one or more individuals actively engaged in killing or attempting to kill people in a populated area.” Using the FBI’s definition, 85 people – excluding the shooters – died in such incidents in 2018.

The Gun Violence Archive, an online database of gun violence incidents in the U.S., defines mass shootings as incidents in which four or more people – excluding the shooter – are shot or killed. Using this definition, 373 people died in these incidents in 2018.

Regardless of the definition being used, fatalities in mass shooting incidents in the U.S. account for a small fraction of all gun murders that occur nationwide each year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AndyPanda said:

Parroting the narrative? You posted the story, pal. Can you say anything without being condescending?

On the other hand, I'm SO glad my comment sent you on a tizzy of wasted research time.

This is parroting the narrative.

Whereas in the States, it's mass shootings by loonies and nationalist terrorists. 

Thanks.  I have a lot of fun showing how uninformed you are.  :D 

5 hours ago, AndyPanda said:

Mostly armed militia of criminal groups seeking control, along with cartel violence. Whereas in the States, it's mass shootings by loonies and nationalist terrorists. No comparison.

I would like to see the statistic for the number of homicides by "nationalist terrorists" in the US per year. I bet my bippy that it is no more than the average of one weekends gang death toll in Chicago!!!

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, gringohombre said:

I would like to see the statistic for the number of homicides by "nationalist terrorists" in the US per year. I bet my bippy that it is no more than the average of one weekends gang death toll in Chicago!!!

The last time you saw a mass shooting back home, who did it? A loony? A nationalist terrorist? Or someone else? I rest my case. BTW, I wasn't comparing numbers.

42 minutes ago, AndyPanda said:

The last time you saw a mass shooting back home, who did it? A loony? A nationalist terrorist? Or someone else? I rest my case. BTW, I wasn't comparing numbers.

Mass shootings occur almost daily in the inner cities throughout the US, with gang members and innocent bystanders, including children and babies laying dead in the streets. You need to find a better news source, and keep off the Fake News!!! You have already been shown up here by Maincoons and others so maybe it is time to let this rest...your original post claiming that that the US has more violent crime than Mexico has been blown out of the water!!!

22 minutes ago, AndyPanda said:

I never said that. Not once. Not even close. You need to learn how to read.

BTW, the thought of Mainecoons showing anyone up is laughable. But apparently you belong in his stable.

Your words EXACTLY "Mostly armed militia of criminal groups seeking control, along with cartel violence. Whereas in the States, it's mass shootings by loonies and nationalist terrorists. No comparison."

This in response to Maincoons post "Except that Mexico has 7 of the most violent cities in the world and the U.S. has one, St. Louis, MO." 

He and others actually also posted research and statistics while you, as usual, just post talking points from Fake News!!! Don't you know that the vast amount of  mass shootings in the US are by gangs in the inner cities, NOT "loonies and nationalist terrorists." PLEEEEZE!!!

Again, I recommend you learn how to read. You wrote, with your usual far-too-many exclamation points, this:

"your original post claiming that that the US has more violent crime than Mexico has been blown out of the water!!! "

Show me exactly where, please, that my own says anything like that?????????????????????

Get a life while you're at it. I'm sick of your whining.

38 minutes ago, AndyPanda said:

Again, I recommend you learn how to read. You wrote, with your usual far-too-many exclamation points, this:

"your original post claiming that that the US has more violent crime than Mexico has been blown out of the water!!! "

Show me exactly where, please, that my own says anything like that?????????????????????

Get a life while you're at it. I'm sick of your whining.

Again, Your words EXACTLY "Mostly armed militia of criminal groups seeking control, along with cartel violence. Whereas in the States, it's mass shootings by loonies and nationalist terrorists. No comparison." (My bold.) So are you saying that one criminal killing group is worse than another? Also it is a proven fact that "loonies" and "national terrorists" account for a tiny % of killings in the US. Check the stats and research provided here and you will see that you are flat wrong!!!

28 minutes ago, gringohombre said:

Yeah...the vast majority of the "crime scenes" are in the inner cities where the gangs have free reign and even if caught are back on the streets in a matter of hours. 

Oh give me a break. There were over 600 mass shootings in the US in 2020 and 147 in 2021 as of April 16. Loonies with guns, not inner city gangs.